DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 13, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #2,731 of 13,478
As I see you got amp3 which has 2.5 balanced output and do you want also get amp8 later, right? However, you also have 64 U12t which has 3.5 SE output (?). If I am not wrong you should try to order Ares II 8wire with 4.4 balanced output and get a pigtail from ibasso female 4.4 to male 2.5. With that pigtail can be used with either amp3 or without pigtail just directly connect the Ares II to amp8. That is what I am using right now.
By the way, DX220 has amp1ii which has 2.5 balanced output is good enough soundwise you don’t need to have amp3 just get an amp8.

Bby AMP3 i actually meant AdvancedMP3Players :) I did have DX200 with AMP5 that bricked and was sent back, currently i dont own any amp modules :) I actually forgot i could get Ares with 4.4mm, i think one of the dealers only had in 2.5mm so threw me off track :) Then I will get the AMP8 and the Cable with 4.4mm, I also want to drive my Aeon Flow Closed with this, so getting Amp8 makes sense.

AMP3 is taking a bit too long to get their DX220 stock since Amazon already has the stock ready before! Patience is not my virtue! Thanks for the advice!

May 13, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #2,732 of 13,478
iBasso DX220: Fair play in the high league

Hi, lovers of quality sound!

Today an excellent opportunity to meet at us - to us the new leader from the highly respected company iBasso on a visit glanced, DX220 DAP.
The model was only issued and right there surely occupied a pedestal, having pressed the fellow of iBasso DX200 which is released in 2017 from there.
The device is built on the same two top-end DAC chips ESS Sabre 9028PRO and also has the ability to replace the amplifying modules, which currently number nine pieces: AMP1, AMP2, AMP3, AMP4, AMP5, AMP6, AMP7, AMP8 and now AM1 MK2.

If the DX200 was supplied with the AMP1, then its continuation already has on board a new module, namely the AMP1 MK2.
I think, it is worth mentioning also a complete amp of “middle brother”, DX150 - AM6 module.
And junior, DX120 about which we told you recently has no possibility of replacement of the amplifier because of his small size. However, it is already good.

But back to the big leagues. I will not keep the intrigue and immediately admit that the DX220 definitely bypasses its predecessor, but what exactly - I will describe in detail below.

1557728527832549.jpg

Specifications
Screen: 5.0inch 1080px + Gorilla Glass
DAC: 2 × ESS Sabre 9028PRO
Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 1 microSD(TF) slot
CPU: Octa Core
Outputs: (AMP1 MK2) 2.5мм балансный, 3.5мм наушники, 3.5мм линейный
S/PDIF combined optical / coaxial
Bluetooth 5.0 / LDAC, aptX
WiFi: 802.11 b / g / n / ac (2,4 ГГц / 5 ГГц)
USB: USB Type-C
Battery: 4400 мАч
Dimensions: 126мм х 70.5мм х 18.7мм
Weight: 240 gr

Appearance and kit

DX220 by the principle of a nested doll is packed. The first is a solid dust jacket, which, like a chameleon, shimmers with pearl-silver color. Short characteristics of the treasure which is inside are given in it.

1557728561404124.jpg

1557728566637909.jpg

1557728570633351.jpg

From it leaves a light brown box embossed under the skin, dissected, like a samurai's sword, diagonally. And finally, a box with a DAP. Inside fit: the DX220 itself, screen protectors on the screen and on the back of the device, a coaxial cable, a nice USB type-C cable, a cable for warming up the device, a stylish yellow leather case and obligatory warranty documents.

1557728585889302.jpg

As always at iBasso, a complete set very full.

The DX220 is similar to its fellow DX200 and DX150, however, a number of key points have been improved. To begin with, it has become more compact, although the weight has not changed - 240 grams. The material is already familiar aluminum. But the screen from Sharp has grown significantly from 4.2 inches to 5 and now occupies the entire front side. Other important indicators have also changed: resolution 1080px, color rendition 16.7 million colors, protection of Gorilla Glass 2.5D.

1557728610783509.jpg

1557728614708712.jpg

The back panel has become glossy. There is a departing replaceable amplifier module AM1 MK2, mounted on both sides of the cogs, like the previous models.

Right on the end is a recessed wheel for volume control with a pleasant smooth stroke and control buttons: forward, start / pause, back.

On the left side there is a slot for microSD, if the internal memory of the device is not enough - 64 GB.

The upper bound contains: on / off button, S / PDIF (combined optics / coax), USB type-C (for charging and synchronization with PC).

1557728647519091.jpg

1557728651225947.jpg

1557728655129370.jpg

1557728659395194.jpg

At the bottom there are AMP1 MK2 amplifier connectors: 3.5 mm linear, 3.5mm, and 2.5mm for a balanced connection of headphones/IEM.

For communication with the world, the player has wireless communication modules: WiFi: 802.11 b / g / n / ac (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) and Bluetooth 5.0 with support for LDAC and aptX for receiving and transmitting a signal.

1557728709334778.jpg

1557728714413250.jpg

When connected via USB type-C to a desktop PC or laptop, the device can act as an external DAC.

The DAP has a 4400 mAh 3.8 V battery with quick charging (Quick Charge 3). One charge cycle is enough for about 8-10 hours of operation. Here everything will depend on the connected headphones, the files being listened to and the volume level.

Made iBasso DX220 soundly: no laxity, everything is clear, monolithic and tactile nice. To use the device one pleasure.

Software and control

Android 8.0 Oreo is responsible for the internal content of the player. Navigation is performed using the touch screen: swipe right, swipe left, curtain on top and touch - in a word, everything is simple and familiar, like on smartphones. If you wish, you can start and switch tracks with side buttons.

1557728734414174.jpg

1557728762613259.jpg

1557728749597273.jpg

With such a filling, the Google Play Market service would be desirable, but its absence is not such a big problem. Almost any application can be installed using programs with apk-files - this is not a tricky business, it will take a few minutes.

In the DX220, like the DX200, there is a dual boot, which takes the gadget to the menu of an independent virtual Mango player, which has acquired a new elegant interface and more convenient control.

In general, the choice is yours. In addition to music, you want access to the Internet and all kinds of programs – go to Android. Would you like a clean audio player - choose Mango OS.

1557728887199682.jpg

1557728892301989.jpg

Like its predecessors, the DX220 has seven digital filters and a parametric equalizer (PMEQ), which allows you to fine-tune the sound to your taste.

It is worth mentioning that the DX220 is already "out of the box" well optimized, and the manufacturer promises to regularly engage in improving its software. Why, the player just came out, and I already had an update on it!

1557728913348091.jpg

1557728918165829.jpg

Yes, by the way, now it is not necessary to download the new firmware from the site, and upload the fw file to the memory card. The device itself finds and updates software when connected to a WiFi network. You just need to go to the settings menu - the system and select the search for updates. For me personally, this is a very pleasant moment.

1557728934200767.jpg

1557728943361739.jpg

Well, now is the time to talk about the sound!

Sound

The DX220 model is based on two DAC chips: ESS Sabre 9028PRO.
Listening (audio testing) was conducted on: 64 AUDIO A18, 64 AUDIO A12t, Vision Ears VE8, Custom ART FIBAE4, EarSonics S-EM6 V2, InEar SD-2, InEar PP8, iBasso IT01s, Beyerdynamic DT250/250 ohm, Beyerdynamic DT1350 и Phonon SMB-02.

With all the IEM/headphones, the device played very good, no serious genre deviations were noticed.

1557728958196051.jpg

I admit, it is difficult to talk about the device, which is almost impossible to find fault with, but I will try. I will begin, perhaps, with the main merit of the device: it copes with any type of CIEM/IEM, especially for low-impedance BA multi-driver models.

For example, take my 64 AUDIO A18 and EarSonics S-EM6 V2. Both those and others are very demanding to gain, and to the audio section as a whole, and from any device, from the air, they will not sing. So, the DX220 easily coped with this difficult task, demonstrating a thorough control, and received a storm of applause from me.

In the end, I went through all my CIEM, IEM and full-size headphones, connecting them to the player, and he always showed the highest class.

I do not know whether this is the merit of the new amplifier module AMP1 MK2 or the matter of a more serious refinement of the circuitry. One thing is clear, iBasso did a scrupulous job that led to an amazing result. No words, well done!

1557728981247161.jpg

The device demonstrates excellent dynamics, separation of tools, elaboration of plans, with a stunning transfer of depth and width of space. It fills the audio layer layer by layer, clearly placing the sound images in their places. This is a neutral, well-balanced and at the same time thick and very musical manner of transmitting material. The player is well able to transfer timbres, micro and macronuances, as well as endgame echoes. Compositions are played harmoniously and extremely naturalistic.

In the inevitable dispute between the two flagships, the DX220 surpasses its predecessor, the DX200, on all fronts, although it is also good, and they certainly recognize the general style.

1557729001260055.jpg

The sound of the DX220 is well balanced, purebred, smooth, more serious and adult than that of a fellow, with a bodily filling of sound images and a slightly darkened background due to the timbre rich palette in the low-frequency register and accurate testing of the lower middle. Moreover, the device is not inclined to soften the blow or the impressiveness of the bass parts, even the opposite - here every beat is extremely accurate and massive, and the bass boasts a thick manner, beautiful relief, excellent speed characteristics and density.

The strength of each individual blow is clearly distinguishable, from this creates an additional illusion of the volume of internal space.

The mids is pleases with its smooth and harmonious manner, with excellent detail, accurate localization of seeming sound sources in space and timbre diversity.

This is a layered, well-balanced and multidimensional picture with excellent transmission of the entire palette of sound and the emotional component. Strings, keyboards, vocals and wind - everything sounds very accurate and naturalistic.

There are no bright peaks or failures, everything is clear, precise and to the point. From such sonic harmony you simply dissolve in the music you are listening to, absorbing it with all the fibers. The player is so dynamic, melodious and comfortable manner that you can listen to it for hours without fatigue.

The high frequencies cleanly and precisely work out their own, adding gloss and charm to the compositions being listened to. They are not much and not enough, exactly as much as needed. They are moderately restrained, they have not the slightest hint of friability or distortion. All the most honest, accurate and natural. I have no complaints.

1557729041738261.jpg

In general, the voice of the device is extremely musical, comfortable, with a slight touch of warmth, good detail, without any obvious problems in a particular area of the frequency response.

Let us consider an example.
Talking Heads – «Blind»

The composition is served in a neutral manner, dynamically, with a beautiful presentation of all myco-and macro-nuances.

Brass honed in the ears of their slender musical designs. Funking, resilient bass quickly darts between the rest of the instruments, picking them up.

Guitars in the fever are spat out with ragged chords, here and there scattering nerd solos..
Shamanic percussions twist the African rhythm into a composition, finally turning it into a savannah, onto which a refreshing musical rain pours like a wall, while you can see and feel every bit of it.

The striking harmony of well-defined details, lively emotions and sound dynamics!
And David Byrne, who soars above all this, sings not so much, but rather conjures:

..Someone should've told him
That the buck stops here
No one ever said
He was involved with thieves
They're blind, blind
Blind, blind, blind, blind, blind
Blind, blind
Blind, blind, blind, blind, blind...

It should be emphasized that the DX220, like any good sound source, does not add anything extra to the sound of music. The final picture should be drawn by headphones, and the player should transmit the signal as accurately and reliably as possible, without blunders and smears, cleanly and frankly. And it is DX220 perfectly it is possible.

1557729056466508.jpg

The bottom line

Lows - accurate, with a tangible impact and clearly visible force of impact, with a relief and well-articulated bass. The striking dynamics and transmission of contrast, the depth of space. The quantity and quality of low frequencies without complaints, everything is good.

Mids - smooth, harmonious, multi-faceted, with a wonderful transfer of textures and good resolution. Here every sound has its own mass, body and relief. The mid-frequency register is presented in detail and harmoniously, in a lively and beautiful manner.

Highs - Clean and crisp. There are no complaints about the quantity and quality of mining. They are moderately restrained and charming, without the slightest hint of friability or distortion.

Conclusion

Beautiful device, which simply struck me outright with its sound. But not the sound of one can boast this player. This is a complete device, harmonious and balanced in everything. Premium packaging, great kit, chic design, cool screen, convenient software. Although, it is necessary to admit, all these advantages fade into the background when there is such a SOUND!

Bravo iBasso! Taking off my hat.

And now about the price. Breathe the air, gentlemen! So, the price difference between the DX200 and the DX220 is only $ 30!

I think it's just an act of generosity!

Pros - Sound, set, design, functionality, price

Cons - No

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #2,733 of 13,478
Great read and through review :thumbsup:

Although
The bottom line

Lows - accurate, with a tangible impact and clearly visible force of impact, with a relief and well-articulated bass. The striking dynamics and transmission of contrast, the depth of space. The quantity and quality of low frequencies is not satisfactory.

I know its a mistranslation but it was funny seeing a 180° turn all of the sudden :joy:

May 13, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #2,734 of 13,478
The bottom line

Lows - accurate, with a tangible impact and clearly visible force of impact, with a relief and well-articulated bass. The striking dynamics and transmission of contrast, the depth of space. The quantity and quality of low frequencies is not satisfactory.

Mids - smooth, harmonious, multi-faceted, with a wonderful transfer of textures and good resolution. Here every sound has its own mass, body and relief. The mid-frequency register is presented in detail and harmoniously, in a lively and beautiful manner.

Highs - Clean and crisp. There are no complaints about the quantity and quality of mining. They are moderately restrained and charming, without the slightest hint of friability or distortion.

Conclusion

Beautiful device, which simply struck me outright with its sound. But not the sound of one can boast this player. This is a complete device, harmonious and balanced in everything. Premium packaging, great kit, chic design, cool screen, convenient software. Although, it is necessary to admit, all these advantages fade into the background when there is such a SOUND!

And now about the price. Breathe the air, gentlemen! So, the price difference between the DX200 and the DX220 is only $ 30!

Cons - No

Thanks for the review! Since you also have the A12T, what are you're thoughts on this pairing? Also if i can ask, which cable are you using the A12T with?

May 13, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #2,735 of 13,478
Hi, lovers of quality sound!

Today an excellent opportunity to meet at us - to us the new leader from the highly respected company iBasso on a visit glanced, DX220 DAP.
The model was only issued and right there surely occupied a pedestal, having pressed the fellow of iBasso DX200 which is released in 2017 from there.
The device is built on the same two top-end DAC chips ESS Saber 9028PRO and also has the ability to replace the amplifying modules, which currently number nine pieces: AMP1, AMP2, AMP3, AMP4, AMP5, AMP6, AMP7, AMP8 and now AM1 MK2.

If the DX200 was supplied with the AMP1, then its continuation already has on board a new module, namely the AMP1 MK2.
I think, it is worth mentioning also a complete amp of “middle brother”, DX150 - AM6 module.
And junior, DX120 about which we told you recently has no possibility of replacement of the amplifier because of his small size. However, it is already good.

But back to the big leagues. I will not keep the intrigue and immediately admit that the DX220 definitely bypasses its predecessor, but what exactly - I will describe in detail below.

1557728527832549.jpg

Specifications
Screen: 5.0inch 1080px + Gorilla Glass
DAC: 2 × ESS Sabre 9028PRO
Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 1 microSD(TF) slot
CPU: Octa Core
Outputs: (AMP1 MK2) 2.5мм балансный, 3.5мм наушники, 3.5мм линейный
S/PDIF combined optical / coaxial
Bluetooth 5.0 / LDAC, aptX
WiFi: 802.11 b / g / n / ac (2,4 ГГц / 5 ГГц)
USB: USB Type-C
Battery: 4400 мАч
Dimensions: 126мм х 70.5мм х 18.7мм
Weight: 240 gr

Appearance and kit

DX220 by the principle of a nested doll is packed. The first is a solid dust jacket, which, like a chameleon, shimmers with pearl-silver color. Short characteristics of the treasure which is inside are given in it.

1557728561404124.jpg

1557728566637909.jpg

1557728570633351.jpg

From it leaves a light brown box embossed under the skin, dissected, like a samurai's sword, diagonally. And finally, a box with a DAP. Inside fit: the DX220 itself, screen protectors on the screen and on the back of the device, a coaxial cable, a nice USB type-C cable, a cable for warming up the device, a stylish yellow leather case and obligatory warranty documents.

1557728585889302.jpg

As always at iBasso, a complete set very full.

The DX220 is similar to its fellow DX200 and DX150, however, a number of key points have been improved. To begin with, it has become more compact, although the weight has not changed - 240 grams. The material is already familiar aluminum. But the screen from Sharp has grown significantly from 4.2 inches to 5 and now occupies the entire front side. Other important indicators have also changed: resolution 1080px, color rendition 16.7 million colors, protection of Gorilla Glass 2.5D.

1557728610783509.jpg

1557728614708712.jpg

The back panel has become glossy. There is a departing replaceable amplifier module AM1 MK2, mounted on both sides of the cogs, like the previous models.

Right on the end is a recessed wheel for volume control with a pleasant smooth stroke and control buttons: forward, start / pause, back.

On the left side there is a slot for microSD, if the internal memory of the device is not enough - 64 GB.

The upper bound contains: on / off button, S / PDIF (combined optics / coax), USB type-C (for charging and synchronization with PC).

1557728647519091.jpg

1557728651225947.jpg

1557728655129370.jpg

1557728659395194.jpg

At the bottom there are AMP1 MK2 amplifier connectors: 3.5 mm linear, 3.5mm, and 2.5mm for a balanced connection of headphones/IEM.

For communication with the world, the player has wireless communication modules: WiFi: 802.11 b / g / n / ac (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) and Bluetooth 5.0 with support for LDAC and aptX for receiving and transmitting a signal.

1557728709334778.jpg

1557728714413250.jpg

When connected via USB type-C to a desktop PC or laptop, the device can act as an external DAC.

The DAP has a 4400 mAh 3.8 V battery with quick charging (Quick Charge 3). One charge cycle is enough for about 8-10 hours of operation. Here everything will depend on the connected headphones, the files being listened to and the volume level.

Made iBasso DX220 soundly: no laxity, everything is clear, monolithic and tactile nice. To use the device one pleasure.

Software and control

Android 8.0 Oreo is responsible for the internal content of the player. Navigation is performed using the touch screen: swipe right, swipe left, curtain on top and touch - in a word, everything is simple and familiar, like on smartphones. If you wish, you can start and switch tracks with side buttons.

1557728734414174.jpg

1557728762613259.jpg

1557728749597273.jpg

With such a filling, the Google Play Market service would be desirable, but its absence is not such a big problem. Almost any application can be installed using programs with apk-files - this is not a tricky business, it will take a few minutes.

In the DX220, like the DX200, there is a dual boot, which takes the gadget to the menu of an independent virtual Mango player, which has acquired a new elegant interface and more convenient control.

In general, the choice is yours. In addition to music, you want access to the Internet and all kinds of programs – go to Android. Would you like a clean audio player - choose Mango OS.

1557728887199682.jpg

1557728892301989.jpg

Like its predecessors, the DX220 has seven digital filters and a parametric equalizer (PMEQ), which allows you to fine-tune the sound to your taste.

It is worth mentioning that the DX220 is already "out of the box" well optimized, and the manufacturer promises to regularly engage in improving its software. Why, the player just came out, and I already had an update on it!

1557728913348091.jpg

1557728918165829.jpg

Yes, by the way, now it is not necessary to download the new firmware from the site, and upload the fw file to the memory card. The device itself finds and updates software when connected to a WiFi network. You just need to go to the settings menu - the system and select the search for updates. For me personally, this is a very pleasant moment.

1557728934200767.jpg

1557728943361739.jpg

Well, now is the time to talk about the sound!

Sound

The DX220 model is based on two DAC chips: ESS Sabre 9028PRO.
Listening (audio testing) was conducted on: 64 AUDIO A18, 64 AUDIO A12t, Vision Ears VE8, Custom ART FIBAE4, EarSonics S-EM6 V2, InEar SD-2, InEar PP8, iBasso IT01s, Beyerdynamic DT250/250 ohm, Beyerdynamic DT1350 и Phonon SMB-02.

With all the IEM/headphones, the device played very good, no serious genre deviations were noticed.

1557728958196051.jpg

I admit, it is difficult to talk about the device, which is almost impossible to find fault with, but I will try. I will begin, perhaps, with the main merit of the device: it copes with any type of CIEM/IEM, especially for low-impedance BA multi-driver models.

For example, take my 64 AUDIO A18 and EarSonics S-EM6 V2. Both those and others are very demanding to gain, and to the audio section as a whole, and from any device, from the air, they will not sing. So, the DX220 easily coped with this difficult task, demonstrating a thorough control, and received a storm of applause from me.

In the end, I went through all my CIEM, IEM and full-size headphones, connecting them to the player, and he always showed the highest class.

I do not know whether this is the merit of the new amplifier module AMP1 MK2 or the matter of a more serious refinement of the circuitry. One thing is clear, iBasso did a scrupulous job that led to an amazing result. No words, well done!

1557728981247161.jpg

The device demonstrates excellent dynamics, separation of tools, elaboration of plans, with a stunning transfer of depth and width of space. It fills the audio layer layer by layer, clearly placing the sound images in their places. This is a neutral, well-balanced and at the same time thick and very musical manner of transmitting material. The player is well able to transfer timbres, micro and macronuances, as well as endgame echoes. Compositions are played harmoniously and extremely naturalistic.

In the inevitable dispute between the two flagships, the DX220 surpasses its predecessor, the DX200, on all fronts, although it is also good, and they certainly recognize the general style.

1557729001260055.jpg

The sound of the DX220 is well balanced, purebred, smooth, more serious and adult than that of a fellow, with a bodily filling of sound images and a slightly darkened background due to the timbre rich palette in the low-frequency register and accurate testing of the lower middle. Moreover, the device is not inclined to soften the blow or the impressiveness of the bass parts, even the opposite - here every beat is extremely accurate and massive, and the bass boasts a thick manner, beautiful relief, excellent speed characteristics and density.

The strength of each individual blow is clearly distinguishable, from this creates an additional illusion of the volume of internal space.

The mids is pleases with its smooth and harmonious manner, with excellent detail, accurate localization of seeming sound sources in space and timbre diversity.

This is a layered, well-balanced and multidimensional picture with excellent transmission of the entire palette of sound and the emotional component. Strings, keyboards, vocals and wind - everything sounds very accurate and naturalistic.

There are no bright peaks or failures, everything is clear, precise and to the point. From such sonic harmony you simply dissolve in the music you are listening to, absorbing it with all the fibers. The player is so dynamic, melodious and comfortable manner that you can listen to it for hours without fatigue.

The high frequencies cleanly and precisely work out their own, adding gloss and charm to the compositions being listened to. They are not much and not enough, exactly as much as needed. They are moderately restrained, they have not the slightest hint of friability or distortion. All the most honest, accurate and natural. I have no complaints.

1557729041738261.jpg

In general, the voice of the device is extremely musical, comfortable, with a slight touch of warmth, good detail, without any obvious problems in a particular area of the frequency response.

Let us consider an example.
Talking Heads – «Blind»

The composition is served in a neutral manner, dynamically, with a beautiful presentation of all myco-and macro-nuances.

Brass honed in the ears of their slender musical designs. Funking, resilient bass quickly darts between the rest of the instruments, picking them up.

Guitars in the fever are spat out with ragged chords, here and there scattering nerd solos..
Shamanic percussions twist the African rhythm into a composition, finally turning it into a savannah, onto which a refreshing musical rain pours like a wall, while you can see and feel every bit of it.

The striking harmony of well-defined details, lively emotions and sound dynamics!
And David Byrne, who soars above all this, sings not so much, but rather conjures:

..Someone should've told him
That the buck stops here
No one ever said
He was involved with thieves
They're blind, blind
Blind, blind, blind, blind, blind
Blind, blind
Blind, blind, blind, blind, blind...

It should be emphasized that the DX220, like any good sound source, does not add anything extra to the sound of music. The final picture should be drawn by headphones, and the player should transmit the signal as accurately and reliably as possible, without blunders and smears, cleanly and frankly. And it is DX220 perfectly it is possible.

1557729056466508.jpg

The bottom line

Conclusion

Cons - No

Nice pictures and excellent review. What do you think about VE8 sound-wise. Have you experienced with VE5? Thank you.

May 13, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #2,736 of 13,478
I have too fleeting acquaintance to VE5 to express the opinion on it. But I own VE8 and wrote my review about this smart CIEM model, you can read it on the website of the producer in the section "reviews". But this subject DX220 seems to me and here it is inappropriate to conduct a conversation on this subject.

May 13, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #2,737 of 13,478
Thanks for the review! Since you also have the A12T, what are you're thoughts on this pairing? Also if i can ask, which cable are you using the A12T with?

Thanks my friend!

It is remarkable couple. In general, DX220 as I also wrote in my review very well gets on with the most various CIEM/IEM models. Especially 12t has LID (Linear Impedance Design) technology, just as FIBAE at CA. And here everything is fine.

May 13, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #2,738 of 13,478
Great read and through review :thumbsup:

Although

I know its a mistranslation but it was funny seeing a 180° turn all of the sudden :joy:

Yes, so sorry. Many Thanks, I corrected an my error. Of course,The quantity and quality of low frequencies is very satisfactory.

May 13, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #2,743 of 13,478
I have too fleeting acquaintance to VE5 to express the opinion on it. But I own VE8 and wrote my review about this smart CIEM model, you can read it on the website of the producer in the section "reviews". But this subject DX220 seems to me and here it is inappropriate to conduct a conversation on this subject.

It's ok, not many of us have dx220 yet so there is a lot of down time in the thread. OT stuff is welcome in the lulls. :wink:

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #2,744 of 13,478
I broke down and ordered it from Amazon because shipping was cheaper and pro sound and audio are including some extra cables and a fast charger walwart.

I don't EQ much but with a good parametric EQ you can get pretty much any sound you want with your iems and cans. Just great for a precise boost or a nip and tuck here and there. So I'm excited to get the 220 just for that. And the mango 'now playing' screen looks beautiful. Well the screen looks gorgeous anyways.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #2,745 of 13,478
Because money doesn't grow on trees. You think I'd still be here if it did? I came from the ZX300, recall better imaging. Soundstage width hasn't changed from out of the box and is a little narrow. Just asking if I can expect sq improvements the same way you claimed the Sony WM1Z supposedly caught up to or went ahead of the DX200 in soundstage width. Obviously next time you compare a DX2** favorably to Sony's flagship portable dap I won't listen but at the very least you'd know if firmware updates improve iBasso devices the same way they improve Sony devices. After all, you've been loud and proud regarding iBasso's updates. Wasn't looking to get into an argument, just asked a simple question.
Ever consider it could your headphones/IEM's that are holding back in those regards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back