DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 4, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #136 of 13,478
Sorry, I have not as I cannot afford it currently, but like you I am also looking for a very good air effect on a dap player. It seems from some reviews Hiby R3 can break the effect through its 8 ball tuning Eq and it only priced at $200.

Feb 4, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #137 of 13,478
There are different folks, some like EQ and some dont. I dont EQ my stuff. All I can tell u from my experiences and opinion is that Dx200 can easily be competitive against $3k players. Then there is modification to bring it well beyond that. Airy presentation is and has always been the Dx200 strongest point

I also want to advise you to take reviews with a grain of salt, doesnt matter where it comes from. Listen to it for yourself and decide.

I said this because my latest comparison was Dx200 Titanium against LoToo Paw Gold Touch $3K+, and I was happily packing the Gold Touch away (while I shared the impressions, it was more for my own curiosity and personal upgradatis disease that I have).

Needless to say Titanium is limited run. However, there are ways to get beyond what Titanium can do, and the Dx200 regular version can also get the same

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #139 of 13,478
We want to make it official :D

Feb 6, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #142 of 13,478
FB_IMG_1549496831698.jpg

Render picture

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #145 of 13,478
So it will have the same DAC (ES9028PRO) and same amp modules. Sound will remain the same, so what is the purpose of a new model ? Just for bluetooth and such ?
Think out of the box, 4gb ram, 8 core cpus, 5 inches screen with better design sounds like a winner to me.
Even if it is still 9028pro x 2 but it should comes with the experience getting out from it predecessor. Maybe longer battery life, better power supply circuit, newer chip with latest android version and kernel support, smooth application and big audio files processing.
In the end, it all comes to the total design of the circuit, whatever dacs it uses don't matter as much.

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #146 of 13,478
Agreed, a total design of the circuit, and the dedication of software/firmware development behind it.

Speaking of es9028Pros dual....Ibasso is still the only player in town to sport 2x of that. If you want better, ask someone else to compete with it first :wink:

Competition will push the boundaries of innovation, isn’t it ? Very hard to get motivated if you are the only one doing something

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #147 of 13,478
Agreed, a total design of the circuit, and the dedication of software/firmware development behind it.

Speaking of es9028Pros dual....Ibasso is still the only player in town to sport 2x of that. If you want better, ask someone else to compete with it first :wink:

Competition will push the boundaries of innovation, isn’t it ? Very hard to get motivated if you are the only one doing something
I think both the decision by ibasso and hiby to stay with their current DAC setups on the dx220 and r6 pro really speaks to that philosophy.

They've both really focused on their devices shortcomings in these iterations. While i hoped for "upgrades", I appreciate the fact that they're trying to make a great all around device that just tweaks a few things.

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #148 of 13,478

I think both the decision by ibasso and hiby to stay with their current DAC setups on the dx220 and r6 pro really speaks to that philosophy.

They've both really focused on their devices shortcomings in these iterations. While i hoped for "upgrades", I appreciate the fact that they're trying to make a great all around device that just tweaks a few things.

Agreed. If you like the improvements of new tweaks and design (the look) just get it when it is available for sale or just keep your DX200.
I will get one for sure despite I got DX200TI (love ibasso did for us!). :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back