DX200 vs X7ii vs Opus #2 vs ZX2
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #46 of 52
The DX200 with AMP4 and especially with AMP8 is better than the WM1Z and the WM1Z is better than the WM1A, IMO. Easy to go with the 200 and AMP8 over the 1A and 1Z in all areas.

Jul 31, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #47 of 52
Ibasso with amp 4, but WM1A without amp 4. I mean some of the other amps are good, amp 3/5, but I really thought the WM1A was better than both

What do you think about the iBasso vs WM1A vs LPG vs QP2R?

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #48 of 52
The DX200 with AMP4 and especially with AMP8 is better than the WM1Z and the WM1Z is better than the WM1A, IMO. Easy to go with the 200 and AMP8 over the 1A and 1Z in all areas.
i would pick Dx200 over the above options, and because of that, I now have dx200Ti, which I am super duper with.

Extra features such as usb-DAC external and Bluetooth DAC-amp to connect wirelessly to your iPad, smartphones etc....

Sep 6, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #49 of 52
Has anyone tried AMP7 ???

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #50 of 52
Has anyone tried AMP7 ???
Can’t decide between Opus #2 and IBasso DX200. I am upgrading from my QP1R to start enjoying streaming and downloading for off line playback with Qobuz. I also want to use the DAP as a source for listening at home through my CHORD DAVE DAC via Toslik optical line out. I assume that both of these players have optical for the latter functionality. I have a music server that I am selling since I could never get into using my iPad wireless interface with the USB Autender N100H. Now with the higher capacity MicroSD cards, and the simplicity and dual functionality of a hand held DAP, plan to sell the Aurender. However, I am concerned about noisy streaming and poor WiFi connectivity. The UI is not a big issue for me as anything is better than the QP1R. Overall power is not as important since I plan to keep the QP1R and satisfied for use with my IEM EE Zeus. So what I’m really looking for is a total solution for an easy to use source via optical to send digital from my FLAC collection, streaming and downloads to my external DAC. I don’t know how well Qobuz works for any of these players either and there was some issue getting proper streaming with the Opus #2 if I recall. For critical listening it’s the home set up with the DAVE and Utopia/HEKse.

Jan 26, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #51 of 52
Can’t decide between Opus #2 and IBasso DX200. I am upgrading from my QP1R to start enjoying streaming and downloading for off line playback with Qobuz. I also want to use the DAP as a source for listening at home through my CHORD DAVE DAC via Toslik optical line out. I assume that both of these players have optical for the latter functionality. I have a music server that I am selling since I could never get into using my iPad wireless interface with the USB Autender N100H. Now with the higher capacity MicroSD cards, and the simplicity and dual functionality of a hand held DAP, plan to sell the Aurender. However, I am concerned about noisy streaming and poor WiFi connectivity. The UI is not a big issue for me as anything is better than the QP1R. Overall power is not as important since I plan to keep the QP1R and satisfied for use with my IEM EE Zeus. So what I’m really looking for is a total solution for an easy to use source via optical to send digital from my FLAC collection, streaming and downloads to my external DAC. I don’t know how well Qobuz works for any of these players either and there was some issue getting proper streaming with the Opus #2 if I recall. For critical listening it’s the home set up with the DAVE and Utopia/HEKse.
Also, I read somewhere that there is a iBasso DX220 coming out but know nothing about how it differs from the DX200.

Jan 26, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #52 of 52
You won't regret that purchase. Fantastic sounding device and sturdy build. Got one about one month ago and it's sound nearly as good as my desktop system with my Focal Utopia. I'm using AMP 4.
Can you be more specific about the comment that the Opus #2 doesn’t fully support streaming? I also don’t know what side loading software means. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back