DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 24, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #8,944 of 22,021
Just a noob question. Is there another way to change the volume beside the wheel ?
The only way i found when i need to lower volume after max volume burn in session is swiping down on the screen until i get the android notification and then you can swipe the volume bar at the top of the screen. Way faster than turning the knob from 150 to 50-60ish

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #8,945 of 22,021
I'm listening with AMP3 since Friday evening :)

I was very impressed with AMP2, but didn't want to reject IT03+CB13 combo. I found inconvenient to use it with an adapter, and continued with AMP1. But, during my 4-weeks vacation (the whole August), the adapter was not a problem, and I switched to AMP2. As the result, the first thing I've made on return from the vacation was ordering the AMP3! Three weeks of waiting it to arrive I continued with AMP1.

Now the improved sound is back, but in balanced :)

I'm not a master to describe the sound. What I want to say you, guys and gals, is that iBasso plays fair game with these additional amps!

AMP1 is not like kit lenses for expensive cameras, suitable only to check if it works: it is a strong performer, capable to show the beauty of DX200 sound. Both single ended and balanced outputs are very good, and balanced here outperforms single ended only because it is balanced: neither a gimmick to reduce single ended performance intentionally, nor a restriction of the balanced to be on pair with single ended.

AMP1 does not start "search for your sound" (="gimme your money") game: if you don't like DX200 with AMP1, there is a big chance you won't like it with AMP2/3 either. AMP1 may be insufficient for some full sized cans, but you'd feel and understand the sound anyway. Also note, that AMP2/3 (and coming soon AMP4) have different, incompatible, connectors, meaning, you are not invited to buy and try them all!

So, from my opinion, AMP2 and AMP3 are truly enhancements: if you like DX200 with AMP1, but want a bit more, then they are worth to try. To my hearing, both provide very similar level of experience, compared to AMP1, but dedicated to a specific connection type. Both AMP2 and AMP3 are a bit more efficient, compared to AMP1, in the same conditions: they don't need to power redundant (for the particular type of connection) circuits. And, back to the analogy with cameras and lenses, you buy this enhancement for only a fraction of the original purchase!

Yet, returning from AMP2/3 to AMP1, for whatever reason you might need it, is possible without abruption: it is still very good, universal solution! You'd be loosing something, but you'd not hate it after all :)

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #8,948 of 22,021
Reminds me of Gameboy color in my childhood. :)

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #8,949 of 22,021
The spec from Russian website.

超级截屏_20170924_181451.png

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #8,950 of 22,021
Probably better for Paul to reply about the official status of dx120. But i will just add that many companies work on prototypes where some become a reality, and others don't.

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #8,951 of 22,021
So, from my opinion, AMP2 and AMP3 are truly enhancements: if you like DX200 with AMP1, but want a bit more, then they are worth to try. To my hearing, both provide very similar level of experience, compared to AMP1, but dedicated to a specific connection type. Both AMP2 and AMP3 are a bit more efficient, compared to AMP1, in the same conditions: they don't need to power redundant (for the particular type of connection) circuits. And, back to the analogy with cameras and lenses, you buy this enhancement for only a fraction of the original purchase!

Yet, returning from AMP2/3 to AMP1, for whatever reason you might need it, is possible without abruption: it is still very good, universal solution! You'd be loosing something, but you'd not hate it after all :)
thanks for your review. inyour opinion the difference between amp1 and amp2/3 is huge or just a refinement?

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #8,952 of 22,021
in your opinion the difference between amp1 and amp2/3 is huge or just a refinement?
It's not huge, I used the word "enhancement", which is close to "refinement" :) I can't say they sound better, I'd rather say, they add some beauty, they sound more pleasant and involving.

Sep 24, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #8,953 of 22,021
It's not huge, I used the word "enhancement", which is close to "refinement" :) I can't say they sound better, I'd rather say, they add some beauty, they sound more pleasant and involving.
this is my dilemma: improvement of 2/3 vs. flexibility of 1. i have s.e. and balanced headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back