DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 23, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #8,928 of 22,021
Just a noob question. Is there another way to change the volume beside the wheel ?

I use the wheel in another way: When I need to do more drastic adjustments, I pull the top until it is completely pulled, then I turn the volume wheel once. The android volume slider then appears on the screen, and I adjust that until I find a comfortable volume setting.

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #8,929 of 22,021
It is always in the work :D, it would be very bad if it is not lol!

We need more news on the Dx200 Cu/Ti

I mean, I know that a new great firmware is coming soon, have reason to believe this :gs1000smile:

iBasso has been doing a great job and great efforts to improve their firmware lately, you can call me impressed.

I don't know anything about the Cu / Ti versions though, they are still in the early stages as far as I know :smile_phones:

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #8,930 of 22,021
Yes, go to setting, then sound setting :)
i mean the one you can touch on the screen and change the volume like 1A/Z, Opus daps, etc.
I use the wheel in another way: When I need to do more drastic adjustments, I pull the top until it is completely pulled, then I turn the volume wheel once. The android volume slider then appears on the screen, and I adjust that until I find a comfortable volume setting.
Doesn't that one only work in Android mode ? i only use Mango Mode, so it doesn't work for me. Maybe i will start using Android Mode cus Mango mode is so laggy.

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #8,931 of 22,021
I saw Impact Audio has a listing for a 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS adapter. This means I can use this for AMP3? I know 3.5mm TRS isn't compatible, but my NightOwls uses TRRS for additional mic function.

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #8,934 of 22,021
i mean the one you can touch on the screen and change the volume like 1A/Z, Opus daps, etc.

Doesn't that one only work in Android mode ? i only use Mango Mode, so it doesn't work for me. Maybe i will start using Android Mode cus Mango mode is so laggy.

Although I love the graphics and idea of Pure Mode, I only have used Android mode so far and I cannot complain. There's no advantage to using Pure Mode sound wise, and even though there was a lot of work placed into it and it looks and works hassle-free and amazing for me, that volume feature is a MUST for me since I sometimes change between IEMs and I need to do massive volume adjustments.

@Paul - iBasso - This is a pretty interesting thing, if you can add it without much issue. Basically, Opus DAPs have this thing where you touch an area of the screen and the closer it is to the top, the higher the volume is, the closer it is to the bottom, the lower it is. If iBasso can add something similar, but for DX200, that'd be great. Anything would work in my mind, from setting it to work by rotating the finger, swiping up, touching top and bottom, some kind of way to adjust the volume via touch, after using the volume wheel once. I think that it might also help with the lifetime of the volume wheel in the long run if this can be implemented in some way.

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #8,935 of 22,021

Here is something you can consider. Of course in Android mode, you have a Mango app widget on the first screen. You don't even need to start the app, and can play/pause and skip right from that embedded widget which going to display artwork of the song and playback time as well. So, when you playing audio from that widget, as soon as you tap the volume wheel, you get Android OS volume slider at the top you can quickly scrub through to raise/lower your volume. Comes very handy :wink:

Sep 23, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #8,936 of 22,021
Here is something you can consider. Of course in Android mode, you have a Mango app widget on the first screen. You don't even need to start the app, and can play/pause and skip right from that embedded widget which going to display artwork of the song and playback time as well. So, when you playing audio from that widget, as soon as you tap the volume wheel, you get Android OS volume slider at the top you can quickly scrub through to raise/lower your volume. Comes very handy :wink:
Hope they will have the function like i said in next update. Cus for me, the wheel of this dap is a bit hard to use when it has the case on.

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #8,938 of 22,021
Just got my DX200. Side loaded Spotify but having this problem where it's playing the music in slow mo.....uninstall and installed again still the same. Anyone have this issue before? I know some of you have no problem playing music via Spotify.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #8,939 of 22,021
Just got my DX200. Side loaded Spotify but having this problem where it's playing the music in slow mo.....uninstall and installed again still the same. Anyone have this issue before? I know some of you have no problem playing music via Spotify.
Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Have you tried restarting your DX200?

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #8,940 of 22,021

It seems the DX200 is allergic to low-quality sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back