DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP2 and AMP3, AMP4, AMP5 very soon. FW 2.5.141.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jetblack08
    I see.. just a thought.

2. wirefriend
    Yes, it will. You just need to switch to Lurker's firmware that includes Goolge Play.

3. Reima
    Will the AMP4 also have a 4.4 TRRRS line out?

4. HiFlight
    I choose to use the stock iBasso firmware as it is simpler to update and I do not have a suitable computer to run the batch tool, hence I manually update my Tidal app from time to time.

5. Reima
    Received my DX200 today, so far I am impressed with the build quality. I have only been able to listen to it with my CIEMs single ended as I don't have any 2.5 balanced connectors.

mrmoto050 and Dobrescu George like this.
  6. meomap
    Congratulation.
    You may want to wait for AMP5 to come out = SE, higher Voltage than AMP2 if you don't want to go with 2.5 mm balanced route.

7. Reima
    I am going to wait for AMP4 as I would prefer to go with the 4.4 TRRRS.

8. jerick70
    Awesome. You are in for a treat. The DX200 is excellent. Did you purchase any of the additional amp modules?

9. Reima
    No I did not, I am going to wait for AMP4.

10. jerick70
    Amps make a big difference with the DX200. You're in for an even bigger treat when you get an upgrade amp.

Reima likes this.
  11. twister6 Contributor
    He is listening with CIEMs, don't think he needs higher voltage or more power, and AMP2 is sufficient enough as well :wink:

12. Whitigir
    Doubt it.....there is so much space to do stuff.....and I remember Paul mentioned that amp4 only has Phones out, and no Line Out

13. wirefriend
    What computer do you use?
    Perhaps it can run Virtual Box + trial version of Windows?

14. HiFlight
    I really have no need for custom firmware as Tidal is the only app I use with my DX200. I use a Chromebook for most of my computing needs and a Linux desktop for the few things that I can't do with my Chromebook.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  15. wirefriend
    Dobrescu George likes this.