DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 17, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #21,918 of 22,019
Jun 18, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #21,919 of 22,019
Lost my mind, never mind

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #21,920 of 22,019
Okay, now I can ask a better question.

@Paul - iBasso or anyone, help please :)

Optical out problem – – possibly heat related?

I just got a DX200 to serve as a transport to my Hugo 2. I want to use optical out, as I seem to be getting some electrical interference when I use the H2 coax input (from my Hiby R6 Pro as well). However, the optical out doesn’t always play, and then when it does play, stops after a few tracks.

After thinking about it for a bit, I wondered if it was a heat problem. I noticed that the DX200 gets pretty warm while it’s playing. So as an experiment, I put the DX200 up on the windowsill with the window open a bit and a nice cool breeze coming in. So far it’s played for over an hour over optical without failing. That’s much better than I had ever achieved before.

So actually I have two questions:

1. Does this seem like a reasonable diagnosis? I see other comments about the device getting pretty hot.

2. Besides the whole don’t charge it while you’re playing it thing, are there any other recommendations about how to avoid more heat? For example, I could set my Spotify playlist to all download to the device, and then play in off-line mode, with the Wi-Fi adapter turned off. I’ve already got Bluetooth turned off. Also, I was turn the screen off while I’m playing, as I assume that’s just one more thing that consumes CPUs and generates heat.

Any suggestions, or other users’ experiences would be helpful. I’m really wondering if any other users have experiences with their optical out, or other functionality failing when the device gets too hot.

TIA

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #21,921 of 22,019
Thanks for that, yannis!

I would, however, like to express my displeasure here with iBasso regarding the whole battery ordering process. After Paypaling them the funds, they never communicated when the battery would be shipped, even after requesting that info. Weeks latter I received a mysterious, unmarked, hacked-together package from someone called Jack Mayi from California. There were no notes insides or markings what the battery was for. I could only assume this was the battery from iBasso? I hope it is.

I started to install it today but in removing the old battery I discovered that the new battery needs some heavy-duty double sided tape, which was not supplied by iBasso. Good grief!

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #21,922 of 22,019
Thanks for that, yannis!

I would, however, like to express my displeasure here with iBasso regarding the whole battery ordering process. After Paypaling them the funds, they never communicated when the battery would be shipped, even after requesting that info. Weeks latter I received a mysterious, unmarked, hacked-together package from someone called Jack Mayi from California. There were no notes insides or markings what the battery was for. I could only assume this was the battery from iBasso? I hope it is.

I started to install it today but in removing the old battery I discovered that the new battery needs some heavy-duty double sided tape, which was not supplied by iBasso. Good grief!
I have gotten batteries from iBasso in the past. No issues. Are you sure you ordered it from iBasso?

Jun 21, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #21,924 of 22,019
Jun 21, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #21,926 of 22,019
I ordered the battery on the iBasso website and supplied them with the necessary requested info.
The battery was listed on their site?

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #21,928 of 22,019
Jun 21, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #21,929 of 22,019
I contacted Paul. The battery was sent well packed addressed from China, by mail, no issues.
Funny, when I requested an update on the shipping, I included Paul on the email chain. I didn't see a response from him or ibasso. Perhaps Paul can explain why customers ordering directly from his company's website don't get the same treatment? And who is Jack Mayi @ Sino-US?

BTW, I got some double sided tape, installed the battery, and it seems to work, so far. Hopefully the capacity is what I hope for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back