DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 12, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #21,857 of 22,021
Oct 3, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #21,858 of 22,021
After having obtained an AMP1 MKII mounted on the DX200 i want to share my impressions comparing with the AMP1.

Tested with Minimum Filter (Slow Roll) and a bunch of non balanced headphones.

What emerges clearly is that the MKII is unbelievable resolving compared to the AMP1.
Simply, some music elements i was able to hear with the MKII where not with the AMP1.
The soundstage is completely 3D around you and there is the impression to be "there" just listening to a group in a pub at 1 mt distance. It's really an experience.

Unfortunately in my opinion, this "presence" is a little bit too much, being "too forward" becoming fatiguing after some times.

Infact the proxymity impression to the source, combined with a more opened mids results in a bit too near sound source, that albeight being uncredibly revealing is a little bit stressing.

So at this point I'm searching for both an AMP1TI or other with non balanced support for comparison.

If someone have some of them to sell leave me a PM.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #21,859 of 22,021
Hey all, first post on this thread. I picked up a used dx200 from a fellow headfier and I'm really liking it! Running on stock original amp1 at the moment, and I'm of picking up a different amp module. I'm using the dx200 at work, running either moondrop blessing 2 iems or a e-mu teak over ear.

Either amp5 or amp7 would allow me to use existing cables, which would be a blessing for both cost and simplicity's sake. I'm worried that amp7 might be a bit too bright for amp7, and that amp5 might be too laid back for the teaks. Thats what I get for having such different sound signatures!

Any suggestions or recommendations? I've reviewed the thread and wasn't able to find a consensus.

And if anyone has a used unit of ANY type, let me know! :) thanks all!

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #21,860 of 22,021
Hey all, first post on this thread. I picked up a used dx200 from a fellow headfier and I'm really liking it! Running on stock original amp1 at the moment, and I'm of picking up a different amp module. I'm using the dx200 at work, running either moondrop blessing 2 iems or a e-mu teak over ear.

Either amp5 or amp7 would allow me to use existing cables, which would be a blessing for both cost and simplicity's sake. I'm worried that amp7 might be a bit too bright for amp7, and that amp5 might be too laid back for the teaks. Thats what I get for having such different sound signatures!

Any suggestions or recommendations? I've reviewed the thread and wasn't able to find a consensus.

And if anyone has a used unit of ANY type, let me know! :) thanks all!

AMP 1 MK II confirmed

Oct 8, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #21,861 of 22,021
Oct 8, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #21,862 of 22,021
That’s a curveball. Why do you think?

Jack of all trade. easily matched with various earphone. you can go unbalance or balance. who knows in one day, you wanna go balanced output.

Oct 8, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #21,863 of 22,021
I appreciate the recommendation! Have you listened to the 5 or 7 for comparison?

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #21,864 of 22,021
I found a Amp9 on amazon for a good price, so went that route. I was able to give it a short listen tonight and I'm really liking it so far :).

Oct 14, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #21,865 of 22,021
I am having some boot issues with mango atm though. Twice the screen has remained at the ibasso loading screen. I’ll have to play around with it tomorrow.

Edit: unfortunately I can’t get it to boot anymore. It freezes at the DX200 reference dap loading page. Tonight I’ll switch back to amp1 and see if that helps.

Edit #2: I switched back to amp1, changed to android, and then back to amp9. It boots now. Testing will continue tomorrow with Mango.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #21,870 of 22,021
Howdy all, I asked this in the DX150 thread and never got a response. I own a DX160, but I was wondering about this UI, which is nowhere to be found on the newer player:

ibasso-dx200-high-resolution-audio-player-dual-es9028pro-sabre-32bit-hifigo-560486_800x800.jpg

I know that I have also seen it on DX200 screenshots, my question is basically, is that the music player in Android, or did you boot in to that (Mango). And if so, is that still the player, or did a firmware update cause it to look more as it does on the newer players? That is a really good looking UI. The UI on the DX160 is very generic. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back