DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #21,721 of 22,021
By the way, forgot to explain that I bought the DX200 second hand on the forum from a fellow headfier and send it to Japan to be moded.
I did present Rihuzo with alternative DAPS to mod (sp1000, sr15 and ak70) and he determined that the DX200 was the one to get the most benefit of the mod.

Jan 24, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #21,723 of 22,021
Ok, guys.....

Here is very long while since my last post into Head-fi....

Totally what I did into each mods are reinforcing power supply (both digital/analog) and making lower noise floor around 9028's, replacing I/V resistors, stabilizing GND (stocked AMP7 are having dangerous topology), and affordable capacitors, better TCXO's.
But I'm doing just up to one's requests or sound preferences.

As seen in several AMP board mod examples on the web, they are replacing Nichicon FWs to another...however on that position and connection, audio grade caps are not effective(even though officially iBasso uses).
Reason why is very easy to be explained, the stocked FW is(are) connected to main battery power bus, so that leads to DC/DC's supply and not directly connected to analog +/- rails or digital buses.
On that position, capacitor should be selected lowest ESR and capacitance first (e.g. SEPC or HZ 6.3V class, in parallel with tantalum makes better)
And blank pads aside of FW are the most effective position +/- analog rail and recommended to use audio grade caps in AMP1....but examples like those are unseen....

Also, iBasso loves to use LT3471 since DX100 but the stuff scatters huge noises in 1.1MHz and requires to add countermeasures.

My mods are already solved or suppressed these issues.
Prices are up to one's requests, so just ask me via email or PM me....

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #21,725 of 22,021
Ok, guys.....

Here is very long while since my last post into Head-fi....

Totally what I did into each mods are reinforcing power supply (both digital/analog) and making lower noise floor around 9028's, replacing I/V resistors, stabilizing GND (stocked AMP6 were awful), and affordable capacitors, better TCXO's.
But I'm doing just up to one's requests or sound preferences.

As seen in several AMP board mod examples on the web, they are replacing Nichicon FW's to another's...however on that position and connection, audio grade caps are not effective(even though officially iBasso uses).
Reason why is very easy to be explained, the stocked FW is connected to main battery power bus, so that leads to DC/DC's supply and not directly connected to analog +/- powers or digital buses.
On that position, capacitor should be selected lowest ESR and capacitance first (e.g. SEPC or HZ 6.3V class, in parallel with tantalum makes better)
And blank pads aside of FW are the most effective position +/- analog power bus and recommended to use audio grade caps in AMP1....but examples like those are unseen....

Also, iBasso loves to use LT3471 since DX100 but the stuff scatters huge noises in 1.1MHz and requires to add countermeasures.

My mods are already solved or suppressed these issues.
Prices are up to one's requests, so just ask me via email or PM me....

Definitely! Hence I can’t wait for DX220Max which has Amp dedicated power-rail!

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #21,726 of 22,021
Nice stuff my DX200 used to be member “Pictograms” one I got used obviously and its fabulous. Today I hooked into my larger stereo rig using spdif to an ESS Sabre DAC I recently got used and Oh my god....tears of joy are streaming down my face ...lol.....Virtue Audio 2.2 (Amp with upgraded power supply) into a SMSL SU-8 V2 then to JBL L830 bookshelves and sub.......wow! Just had to share how incredible this sounds as a digital player.

So first thing I read is about Mods! I love this hobby!
:smile_phones:

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #21,727 of 22,021
I'm trying to update my DX200. My current version is 2.9.209. I want to update it to 8.1 v1.09.
Do I install Android O V1.01 firmware first then install 8.1 v1.09 ?
I'm trying to download the files to my cell but they get cut off early and don't download completely. I can't seem to dl any files from Ibasso. Has anyone had this experience ?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #21,730 of 22,021
I just had a quick question about battery drain. With the most recent firmware, is watching the battey drain from 90-100 down to 79% from a full charge in 45-50 minutes normal? I can literally watch the percentage drop while having the screen on for a short time.

My battery settings state I'd have about 4 hours 58 minutes left. However I can't help but feel this is way too quickly. Not to mention I've made optimizations as well as have enabled airplane mode and battery saver. The files I'm listening to aren't really that heavy, either.

Is this something I should consider getting repaired/replaced? Any advice Would be extremely helpful.

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #21,733 of 22,021
I falied it and the device never able to turn on again
First, ensure it is really turned off: disconnect from USB cable, press and hold Power button for 10 seconds, then release. Then put it on the charger. Does it show something? If it does not, keep it on charging for a hour, then try to turn it on again.

If your firmware was damaged by failed update, you always can flash full firmware image using AndroidTool and the full image for Android 8 (from iBasso site), or FactoryTool and the firmware image from the first post of the thread. If you are Mac/Linux user, you can flash full firmware image using bootable SD-card (any Android version).

Feb 5, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #21,734 of 22,021
I just had a quick question about battery drain. With the most recent firmware, is watching the battey drain from 90-100 down to 79% from a full charge in 45-50 minutes normal? I can literally watch the percentage drop while having the screen on for a short time.

My battery settings state I'd have about 4 hours 58 minutes left. However I can't help but feel this is way too quickly. Not to mention I've made optimizations as well as have enabled airplane mode and battery saver. The files I'm listening to aren't really that heavy, either.

Is this something I should consider getting repaired/replaced? Any advice Would be extremely helpful.

How old is your device? How was battery life with previous firmware version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back