DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 16, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #21,586 of 22,021
I also an advocate for the high/low gain idea, I commented on the DX220 thread because it is more crowded there. I don’t think the Max version will affect as much as it don't have interchangeable amp module.

On a slightly different amp gain issue. I have a DX200 with an AMP1 MK2. Have not been able to successfully select the 'high' gain setting on any of the firmware I've tried. The DX200 standard firmware did not work (from memory it only had two settings available, not three), using the DX220 ported Fidelizer software (13.1) the three gain selections show up but only 'low' and 'medium' settings work - when I select the 'high' setting it either changes to medium or low (depending on what you are changing the setting from). An interesting quirk, not a huge deal as I really only need to use low and medium, but it would be good if high worked as well.

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #21,587 of 22,021
On a slightly different amp gain issue. I have a DX200 with an AMP1 MK2. Have not been able to successfully select the 'high' gain setting on any of the firmware I've tried. The DX200 standard firmware did not work (from memory it only had two settings available, not three), using the DX220 ported Fidelizer software (13.1) the three gain selections show up but only 'low' and 'medium' settings work - when I select the 'high' setting it either changes to medium or low (depending on what you are changing the setting from). An interesting quirk, not a huge deal as I really only need to use low and medium, but it would be good if high worked as well.
No idea why your eq fix works but I can say that selecting medium on the fidelizer port is high gain on the dx200 not everything works right with the port... dx200 only has 2 gain levels, but if you couldn’t select high gain on stock firmware that’s pretty cool!

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #21,588 of 22,021
I think DX200 and AMP1 MK2 are a quite rare combination so maybe the developer don't work much around these combi :D

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #21,589 of 22,021
Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #21,590 of 22,021
Oct 20, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #21,591 of 22,021
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #21,594 of 22,021
Hello, what type of earphones would you recommend for DX220? Sony Hi-Res XBA-N3AP or? Thank you.
I don’t recommend Sonys below M7-M9 level, they might not worth it. Since you’re using iBasso TOTL dap, might as well grab a new/used pair of IT04, very good for the price, very spacious sounding. Others good one include Fiio FH7 (good rumble bass), Fearless S8F or Moondrop A8 if you are into Chi-Fi, or even expand your budget to Andromeda and Solaris... Basically you can throw everything into the DAP and it will sound good ^^

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #21,595 of 22,021
I don’t recommend Sonys below M7-M9 level, they might not worth it. Since you’re using iBasso TOTL dap, might as well grab a new/used pair of IT04, very good for the price, very spacious sounding. Others good one include Fiio FH7 (good rumble bass), Fearless S8F or Moondrop A8 if you are into Chi-Fi, or even expand your budget to Andromeda and Solaris... Basically you can throw everything into the DAP and it will sound good ^^

Ok, thank you so much! I go try IT04, was just worried if they would be heavy weight in the ear.

Oct 26, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #21,598 of 22,021
All,

I know this thread may not be where I should be post this but my DX200 has just died all of a sudden. Initially, I thought it was due to the battery, so I emailed Paul @ iBasso, using the support email on iBasso's site to send me not one, but two replacement batteries. After replacing the battery the DX200 still does not turn on. I've put the DX200 on charge now for over 30 minutes and it's still not switching on. The charging screen is not showing up either.

I only bought this in July 2017 and just over 15 months later it's dead. It's never been dropped, never been overheated. Always looked after and used for in-car and home/office usage. Does anybody have any suggestions?

@Paul - iBasso , any help you can provide would be really appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back