DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 14, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #21,556 of 22,021
THanks for you advice. Will contact iBasso for battery replacement.
Agree with @ropie that the battery is easy to replace. I did this last week as my first time operating on a dap. The video link they will provide is ok. As an added note, do a video of yourself as you remove the screws so that you know which screws return to where. There are three different sizes and holes that have no screws so it can get a little confusing. At least it did get a little for me.

Good luck!

Sep 15, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #21,557 of 22,021
I’d be interested in installing a paid version of Neutron player but don’t have Google play installed. It seems you can buy direct from the developer but need to have a google account and maybe additionally set up email on the Dx200 with IMAP which I would prefer not to do ?

Can anyone tell me what is the simplest method to be able install Neutron please

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #21,558 of 22,021
I’d be interested in installing a paid version of Neutron player but don’t have Google play installed. It seems you can buy direct from the developer but need to have a google account and maybe additionally set up email on the Dx200 with IMAP which I would prefer not to do ?

Can anyone tell me what is the simplest method to be able install Neutron please

Easiest way is install lurker fw and buy it from google play.

Second way is buy from neutron website. Install IMAP/mail apk. Then add the same email address you purchased (in the account setting)

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #21,559 of 22,021
hi folks, I have DX200 and using it for about 3 years now. Starting this week, my DX200 suddenly switch off when playing music. The battery indicate it is at 91% before it suddenly switch off. So i switch on the player and the battery indicator shows 89%. this problem occurs every 2/3 minutes everytime I switch on the player. Could u advice me what to do with it? FYI, Im on the latest firmware which is V1.07 and using AMP9, AMP 7 & AMP4

I had this issue. It might be dead battery, but in my case it was solved with loading latest stock firmware.

Sep 18, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #21,560 of 22,021
I just want to give a shoutout to @Paul - iBasso and Ibasso for impeccable customer service. I recently purchased a DX200 from a fellow head-fier and upon receiving there was some issues with the device. A touch screen that was very finicky and was slow to respond to gestures. Using optical caused popping/ crackling every 5 seconds or so. I contacted Paul and sent in the device. Thinking I would need to pay for fixing since I was not the original owner and didn’t have a purchase receipt. Well Paul contacted me and informed me that some components were being replaced along with the battery. I’ve never owned a brand new DX200 but this is as new from what I can tell. UI is responsive, no more popping via optical, just sounds great. All I needed to cover was the shipping costs there and back. I can’t think of too many companies that would do this. All I can say is thank you @Paul - iBasso, fantastic service! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #21,562 of 22,021
Great, thanks for the suggestion I just went to the website and it l looks like it could be what I am after. I will do some more reading to see...

FYI, I ended up installing the Fidelizer firmware and then the latest DX220 firmware so that I could use the PMEQ that comes standard on that load. Also loaded the Lurker firmware and downloaded Neutron Player through Google Play. In both cases boosted the bass and for 90% of the music it sounded fine, but for 10% of my music with prominent bass already (EDM and other) I ended up with annoying distortion in the bass - happened through every set of headphones I own.
Coincidentally I also recently found a Lotoo Paw Gold for a great price so I bought it and in comparison with the same PMEQ settings there’s no noticeable distortion.

Sep 26, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #21,563 of 22,021
I agree, you can't regret AMP9 in terms of sound, it is sublime. The only thing I can wish, is that AMP 9 had more power :)
Now our wish comes true, iBasso released FW to switch output power of AMP9 for DX220, can't wait for FW update on the 200.

Sep 27, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #21,564 of 22,021
Can anyone please say what is the pinout for amp8 is it the same as sony or is it different?
Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back