DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #20,716 of 22,019
If you are using stock firmware, you'll have to sideload the app. Download the standalone Tidal Android app apk file via a link such as the one below to your computer:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BBAB&usg=AOvVaw1NHQvsHOM_H9AlLf0YSuye&ampcf=1

Then move that file to a folder on your SD card, open that file with your DX200 and it should install.

Afterwards you can use the app as you do on your phone and set whatever albums/tracks you want to be offline.
Thank you. I was able to download and then download up to and including MQA recordings for playing offline and it works. So have Tidal MQA on my DX200 now, cool.

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #20,718 of 22,019
I guess I don't understand the concept yet. On a dap, how do you play Tidal offline? I have tried figuring out where the Tidal software is to do this and how to use this with an Android dap.
You simply select oflline mode for Tidal and your done, just like every other android version of Tidal.

Feb 15, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #20,719 of 22,019
Late to @Whitigir AMP8 mod party but finally adopted them (all, except for TDK Sheet). These are done with the assistance of paid technician (zero confidence with my own soldering skills).

I like what I'm hearing, the AMP8w. To me, it really does tightens up the bass and details have more presence yet never harsh. Subjectively (and based on memory, as I could no longer compare side by side now the AMP8 is modded), the bass presentation of AMP8w is where I experience more changes - solid and tight control.

I've placed order for the TDK Sheet. This I will try to apply on my own and hope it will be yield perceptible changes too (hopefully changes that are more pleasing to my ears).

Feb 15, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #20,720 of 22,019
Late to @Whitigir AMP8 mod party but finally adopted them (all, except for TDK Sheet). These are done with the assistance of paid technician (zero confidence with my own soldering skills).

I like what I'm hearing, the AMP8w. To me, it really does tightens up the bass and details have more presence yet never harsh. Subjectively (and based on memory, as I could no longer compare side by side now the AMP8 is modded), the bass presentation of AMP8w is where I experience more changes - solid and tight control.

I've placed order for the TDK Sheet. This I will try to apply on my own and hope it will be yield perceptible changes too (hopefully changes that are more pleasing to my ears).

Congrats! Where did you get yours modded in SG?

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #20,726 of 22,019
I am poor at English and I used Google's translation. Write/PM gave discomfort to everyone. I will stop now.
I'm sorry.
Diversity is good. Many millions of people do not speak or normally write in English. You are always welcome.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 15, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #20,728 of 22,019
Hey everyone...enjoy the NYC CanJam this weekend! Wish I could be there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back