DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 2, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #19,936 of 22,021
Sorry to stoopid the place up, but...

What is it exactly we're doing here with XiSRC and AuI? Upsampling our wav files to DSD?

I happen to own XiSRC already which I purchased as a replacement for the free version of Voxengo's r8brain for converting the music I write/record in my DAW to redbook CD specs. I did that with my last album and the software has sat unused on my computer since then. Glad to see I might be able to extract some more use from it.

Yeah, exactly what it is :)

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #19,938 of 22,021
On new FW usb file transfer in mango is again not working either on stock or lurkers
If I'd re-implement it, I'll put it to the list of changes.

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #19,940 of 22,021
The Andromeda(S) are magnificent. Have to re-listen again the most of my music library now :beyersmile:
IMG_20190102_155306.jpg
I hear new sub-tones in the tracks which I had been familiar with for like 20 years if not more :L3000:

Jan 2, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #19,944 of 22,021
Sorry to stoopid the place up, but...

What is it exactly we're doing here with XiSRC and AuI? Upsampling our wav files to DSD?

I happen to own XiSRC already which I purchased as a replacement for the free version of Voxengo's r8brain for converting the music I write/record in my DAW to redbook CD specs. I did that with my last album and the software has sat unused on my computer since then. Glad to see I might be able to extract some more use from it.
Yeah, exactly what it is :)

I thought I should add, for anyone experimenting with the free trial of AuI, Whitigir is completely right about the soundstage being larger and more open on Xivero. I wasn’t happy with AuI until I set the resampling filter to non-optimized wide resampling and put the DX200 to brick wall filter. That opened up things nicely with AuI for me, but that may just be on my system.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #19,945 of 22,021
I got my Samsung 512Gb microSD. Not from Newegg but it is the same card. Performance in terms of speed is multiples better than the Sandisk 400 class 10 U1 I was using. As for sound quality, I think the difference is subtle if it is there. The audio from the better performing Samsung seems to have better definition. t's hard to compare though because each time I switch cards I have to rescan the library.

At any rate, I got it for the increased storage because of the DSD demands. The increased performance and possible SQ benefits are a bonus. If you can afford it, the Newegg is a pretty great deal if you also need the extra storage.

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #19,946 of 22,021
I got my Samsung 512Gb microSD. Not from Newegg but it is the same card. Performance in terms of speed is multiples better than the Sandisk 400 class 10 U1 I was using. As for sound quality, I think the difference is subtle if it is there. The audio from the better performing Samsung seems to have better definition. t's hard to compare though because each time I switch cards I have to rescan the library.

At any rate, I got it for the increased storage because of the DSD demands. The increased performance and possible SQ benefits are a bonus. If you can afford it, the Newegg is a pretty great deal if you also need the extra storage.

Purchased from a store in Germany. Awaiting arrival.

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #19,948 of 22,021
Just double my storage from 200gb to 400gb .. Let the conversions begin

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #19,950 of 22,021
All of a sudden my DX200 will not charge past 88%... any ideas?
No ideas unless you specify details: firmware yuo use, charging conditions (Android, Mango, turned off). I can only guess and suggest to charge under Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back