DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #19,816 of 22,021
How long does it normally take to convert an album? I am using a MacBook pro 2018, the latest with 32gb of ram and fast CPU.

We have similar machines. Conversion is as slow as molasses. It’s just so much math.

Keeping an eye on the progress bars is like watching paint dry, because of this I’m really not sure how long an album takes. I usually set the batch conversion to run and do something else. I run large batches while I’m asleep. I would guess an album takes north of a half hour. Is that what you’re getting?

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #19,817 of 22,021
We have similar machines. Conversion is as slow as molasses. It’s just so much math.

Keeping an eye on the progress bars is like watching paint dry, because of this I’m really not sure how long an album takes. I usually set the batch conversion to run and do something else. I run large batches while I’m asleep. I would guess an album takes north of a half hour. Is that what you’re getting?

Lol, u made me choke on my coffee..thanks for the laugh. But yeah, dsd512 conversion take along time even with fast PC. It is worth it though

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #19,818 of 22,021

Haven't done anything yet. Trying to get it to work. It won't go to the 512 conversion and can't get my songs to load to the app. Stuck on WAV but even that won't do anything. The learning curve can be frustrating at first.

Not very intuitive. Thinking I made a mistake and this app isn't very cheap.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #19,819 of 22,021
Haven't done anything yet. Trying to get it to work. It won't go to the 512 conversion and can't get my songs to load to the app. Stuck on WAV but even that won't do anything. The learning curve can be frustrating at first.

I hate to tell you anything without knowing what you’ve tried, but you can avoid all the setting tabs at first and just stick to the main window. I usually just drag wav files into the main log screen, set it to DSF and the Hz, set the output path, and press Start.

This is isn’t exactly what you need but of all the AuI videos, this might come closest:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #19,820 of 22,021
I hate to tell you anything without knowing what you’ve tried, but you can avoid all the setting tabs at first and just stick to the main window. I usually just drag wav files into the main log screen, set it to DSF and the Hz, set the output path, and press Start.

This is isn’t exactly what you need but of all the AuI videos, this might come closest:

So you have to use WAV files? At first DFS showed up but now no 1 bit conversion will show on the ConverteR.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #19,821 of 22,021
I’m definitely interested but wary about fakes. I went on ebay and I saw a few of these with “only 1 left.” Can I ask, how are you sure they are not fake?

because fake cards would only hold a few gb despite what they are labeled. It seems that if they are a big brand name and in what appears to be factory packaging at what seems like a reasonable price ( would you trust a 512gb card for $16?) then chances are they are legit.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #19,823 of 22,021
I use wav files. AuI can accept other files but I think you may have to download the format you need in the input section.
Unforutnately, I’m not sure what is going on with 1 bit conversion disappearing.
That is ok, thank you. I don't think this is very intuitive. Odd that DFS showed up and now it doesn't. If I can't get it up and running, and I really don't have a lot of time to devote to it. I will ask for a refund.

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #19,824 of 22,021
That is ok, thank you. I don't think this is very intuitive. Odd that DFS showed up and now it doesn't. If I can't get it up and running, and I really don't have a lot of time to devote to it. I will ask for a refund.
That was the reasons why I stayed with Xivero and recommended it too :) beside sound signature

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #19,825 of 22,021
because fake cards would only hold a few gb despite what they are labeled. It seems that if they are a big brand name and in what appears to be factory packaging at what seems like a reasonable price ( would you trust a 512gb card for $16?) then chances are they are legit.

I see, you have one and verified the storage capacity. Which seller did you use?

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #19,826 of 22,021
That was the reasons why I stayed with Xivero and recommended it too :) beside sound signature
Downloaded the trial version. Worked first time, intuitive and easy. I realize there may be sound different between the two versions but I can't get the other one to work.

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #19,827 of 22,021
I see, you have one and verified the storage capacity. Which seller did you use?

bubba1175 Now I'm seeing them for even less from Australia. The other thing to consider is the return policy should a cruddy card show up. I've been really fortunate buying from amazon and a couple from ebay. Paypal protections I think offer some sort of assurance as well. The only 512 card I saw on amazon was very expensive though.

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #19,829 of 22,021
Help! My mac laptop cant read my ibasso and i cant transfer file to internal memory! Pls help! Thanks! Do i need to install any driver?
You need Android File Transfer for Mac. You are going from Apple software to Android so you need the app.

Dec 28, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #19,830 of 22,021
Do you use ISP Reduction checked or unchecked. Just did some Tommy and sounds edgy for some reason, distortion that isn't in the 16/44.

Oh, and do you get artwork to show up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back