DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #9,631 of 22,021
I'm too lazy to look back through 600+ pages. Wondering if anyone knows when amp4 will be available. I would love to audition this player, but everything I have now is 4.4mm and I don't want to buy cables or adapter to do so.
I don't think it's been announced yet. If I remember it will be announced in the next week or so.

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #9,633 of 22,021
@Lurker0 what does switching the XMOS chip to DSD/ USB DAC mode actually do?
In this mode, XMOS chip is connected to an internal USB connector of the SoC. When it happens, ALSA (Linux level audio driver) installs its driver, and XMOS chip becomes accessible via it, as a second sound card (3rd actually: the 2nd is S/PDIF output). This is how MangoPlayer uses it to play DSD - via ALSA.

Neutron, with Generic drivers, uses Android path (modified by iBasso) for playback. My modified tinyalsa level redirects Android sound system to this second sound card. This path is longer: Android AudioTrack, Android media server, ALSA, kernel level driver.

But when Neutron (or other apps) uses USB interface directly, the overall sound path is much shorter, no Android/ALSA stuff involved at all. Only kernel level USB driver is involved. This may lead to a slightly different sound signature, though the audio stream goes unaffected (bit perfect) in all the cases.

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #9,634 of 22,021
Via iBasso Twitter

Then an adapter 2.5mm to 4.4mm mysteriously arrives in the mail on the same day...

IMG_7969.JPG

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #9,638 of 22,021
Has anyone had issues connecting their DX200 to their PC/MAC?

When I connect I don't get the prompt on the DX200 to enable USB File Transfers (MTP). It remains on charging only and the device refuses to show up in the file manager.

The only way I can seem to make this work at all is to enable Developer mode on the device and play around with USB debugging. And that is also quite intermittent.

Is this a common issue among android devices or is it just mine?

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #9,639 of 22,021

When I connect I don't get the prompt on the DX200 to enable USB File Transfers (MTP). It remains on charging only and the device refuses to show up in the file manager.

The only way I can seem to make this work at all is to enable Developer mode on the device and play around with USB debugging. And that is also quite intermittent.

Same here too, using a macbook. same issue

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #9,640 of 22,021
I previously had issues with the beginning of each song (approx .5 seconds into the song) stutters when offline files were stored on SD card. Storing offline files on internal DX200 storage resolved the problem. Perhaps the latest version of Tidal has resolved this issue?

I will try this. This is the first time I have had to update my Tidal as I am a fairly new IBasso owner. I am presuming I have to delete my Tidal app and then install the new version? Hoping I dont lose any playlists or saved albums etc
I am just using the IBasso software, none of the others or other players.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #9,641 of 22,021
AMP1 is already like that. It just doesn't sound as good as AMP3. I'm with you on the SE out. I miss it all the time with my AMP3.

At CanJam London this year we had a demo provisionally called AMP4. It was effectively something analogous to the AMP3, but single-ended (both headphone out and line out).
Now iBasso are about to release a different AMP4, but I've heard it said that the demo unit from CanJam will be released as the AMP5; a high-voltage single-ended amp unit, probably with a line-out included.

However, as can be noticed from reading back through the threads, whilst speculation is fun, we simply won't know anything for sure until it's basically ready to be released.
And I think that's a good way to be! People (myself included), are excited for details and release dates, but this way lets iBasso focus on getting it right first time (like they did recently with the AMP3 for example) :)

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #9,643 of 22,021

When you plug it into USB port drop down top menu on device (DX200) it will then give you options. File Trasfer, Charge Only, OTG .. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back