DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 11, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #9,391 of 22,021
IT01 specification

超级截屏_20171012_054245.png

#WheresOurTiCu?

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #9,394 of 22,021
Do you know what the shells are going to be made of? I saw the mention of multilayer graphene but wasn't sure if that's the driver or shell.

Expect to be graphene driver
The shell maybe same material as it03.

However, Let Paul confirm.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #9,395 of 22,021
Well my DX200 arrives tomorrow and I am all prepared :ksc75smile:
I was considering buying a balanced cable for my Lyra 2s to take advantage of the balanced output. A lot of other threads on this forum not entirely convinced balanced is always better.
Can anyone offer their opinion on whether it is worth it. I will only have AMP1 as a new purchase. I am keen to hear others views

I agree with Jamato regarding the balanced output. I also feel that it enhances the accuracy of the imaging and the stability of the soundstage. My CA Orions sound much better from the balanced output than from the SE output.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #9,396 of 22,021
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2.5mm TRRS balanced jack to Dual RCA cable to connect my DX200 amp3 Lineout to my desktop amp Dual RCA
The soldering connection is as follows:
2.5 Positive --> Dual RCA pins
2.5 Negative --> Dual RCA grounds

However, I used a multimeter and found that my amp's Dual RCA grounds are electrical connected
Can anyone tell me will I destroy my DX200's circuit if I connect the negative poles of the 2.5 TRRS socket? Thank you so much!

*Actually I Just Tested and found that there is no problem, I can hear the music from my amp via DX200 AMP1 2.5 PhoneOut. But I am still afraid there is potential danger of connecting two Negative Poles together

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #9,397 of 22,021
Hi Guys. It has arrived , some music transferred across, and sounds very very good straight out of the box IMO
As previuosly stated though I use Tidal primarily, and I am struggling to get the app downlaoded.
Keep getting a warning - there are problems with the security certificate for this site"
I have followed the steps in the IBasso instructions so I am not sure what I am doing wrong

Also I have tried to copy about 20 albums across and in the middle of it the USB option reverts back to charging, and stops transferring the music.
Other than the 22 page guide is there anywhere I can look for help

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #9,398 of 22,021
Hi Guys. It has arrived , some music transferred across, and sounds very very good straight out of the box IMO
As previuosly stated though I use Tidal primarily, and I am struggling to get the app downlaoded.
Keep getting a warning - there are problems with the security certificate for this site"
I have followed the steps in the IBasso instructions so I am not sure what I am doing wrong

Also I have tried to copy about 20 albums across and in the middle of it the USB option reverts back to charging, and stops transferring the music.
Other than the 22 page guide is there anywhere I can look for help

Copy apk from your computer, put in sd card then install. Is much easier.

Copying topic, you need to ensure connecting usb cable is tight and you didnt move the cable. Else, just put the music file into sd card. And just use internal storage for tidal offline.

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #9,399 of 22,021
Copy apk from your computer, put in sd card then install. Is much easier.

Copying topic, you need to ensure connecting usb cable is tight and you didnt move the cable. Else, just put the music file into sd card. And just use internal storage for tidal offline.

So pleased that you are here to guide me. I dont have an SD card and dont intend to use one if I am honest. I thought I could have the DX200 without one.
All the USB cables are a snug fit so it was not that I doubt. I have decided to do it one album at a time......annoying but I have the time.
Tidal is my main concern though

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #9,400 of 22,021
So pleased that you are here to guide me. I dont have an SD card and dont intend to use one if I am honest. I thought I could have the DX200 without one.
All the USB cables are a snug fit so it was not that I doubt. I have decided to do it one album at a time......annoying but I have the time.
Tidal is my main concern though

No problem, you don't need an SD card.

Step 1: Download APK file on your computer, make sure you know which location it is saved to so you can pull it up later.
Step 2: Connect DX200 to computer via USB cable. Go to MY PC --> iBasso DX200 and just leave it opened there.
Step 3: Open the folder you originally downloaded the APK file to.
Step 4: Drag and drop the APK file anywhere you want into the iBasso DX200. You can save it to any folder you want within the DX200, the internal explorer is pretty smart and will be able to locate it.
Step 5: Start your DX200 and click on the yellow "Explorer" tab. This will automatically pull you up to a list that says "SD Card" and "Internal Memory". Click on "Internal Memory".
Step 6: This will take you to another screen where you should be able to locate a file that looks something like "TIDAL High Fidelity Music Streaming_v2.0.1_apkpure.com.apk.
Step 7: Click on the Tidal APK file and follow prompts on the screen.

Hope this helps, if you're unsure if anything, let us know.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #9,401 of 22,021
No problem, you don't need an SD card.

Step 1: Download APK file on your computer, make sure you know which location it is saved to so you can pull it up later.
Step 2: Connect DX200 to computer via USB cable. Go to MY PC --> iBasso DX200 and just leave it opened there.
Step 3: Open the folder you originally downloaded the APK file to.
Step 4: Drag and drop the APK file anywhere you want into the iBasso DX200. You can save it to any folder you want within the DX200, the internal explorer is pretty smart and will be able to locate it.
Step 5: Start your DX200 and click on the yellow "Explorer" tab. This will automatically pull you up to a list that says "SD Card" and "Internal Memory". Click on "Internal Memory".
Step 6: This will take you to another screen where you should be able to locate a file that looks something like "TIDAL High Fidelity Music Streaming_v2.0.1_apkpure.com.apk.
Step 7: Click on the Tidal APK file and follow prompts on the screen.

Hope this helps, if you're unsure if anything, let us know.

Thank you so much, that worked a treat.
One question, will I have to go through this process to update the app or will it do it automatically?
Also the numeric volume indicaor does not show when using Tidal?

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #9,402 of 22,021
One question, will I have to go through this process to update the app or will it do it automatically?

I'm not sure about updating as I just got my dx200 last week and have not had to update tidal yet.

When you change volume with tidal on, the big horizontal volume bar will block a majority of the screen. After you change volume though, you'll be able to see the numeric volume indicator at the very top of the screen.

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #9,403 of 22,021
I'm not sure about updating as I just got my dx200 last week and have not had to update tidal yet.

When you change volume with tidal on, the big horizontal volume bar will block a majority of the screen. After you change volume though, you'll be able to see the numeric volume indicator at the very top of the screen.

Thanks again very helpful. You need to go away now before I bombard you with questions :gs1000smile:
Impressive unit the DX200 i must say......now for some music.

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #9,404 of 22,021
I agree with Jamato regarding the balanced output. I also feel that it enhances the accuracy of the imaging and the stability of the soundstage. My CA Orions sound much better from the balanced output than from the SE output.

I should have added better imaging, that is anther advantage of Balanced!

Oct 12, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #9,405 of 22,021
Tidal will not automatically update in the DX200. I just reinstall a new .apk after several updates. It will advise you if it is out of date, but you can still use it even if it is not the latest build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back