DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 4, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #9,196 of 22,021
Um, yeah, that was to be expected. :wink:

All of iBasso's DAPs will be able to take up to 2 TB of storage (once that much storage on a micro SD card becomes available some time in the future), so it would be a shame if the DX200 with its great processing powers and speed couldn't handle it.

I am glad to know it all works so well!

DX200 is indeed a great DAP, I am appreciating it more and more lately.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #9,197 of 22,021
I hate to go off topic but I hope someone does not mind answering what I hope is a simple question. If I use my DX200 as a DAC in order to listen to music on my computer, and I am using amp3, how do I connect the DX200 to the computer? I have not downloaded the DAC program so I need to do that first. Am I correct in that I can use a usb-c to usb-c connection or even a regular usb from laptop to usb-c on the DX200? My laptop only has a regular usb and two type C usb ports and of course a headphone 3.5 connection. I assume I would not use the 2.5mm line out as the line out and headphone out are just that - outputs. Or would I use the 3.5mm male to coax cable that came with DX200 in order to use DX200 as a DAC only?

And I am going to go into a tiny off topic rant about Microsoft. Once again they abandon their music service. I got an email stating Groove will be discontinued. I like to use streaming services (I will never again consider anything Microsoft might add in the future) to explore music and if I like something then I buy it. Evidently Spotfly and Groove Play can allow downloads at 320 bit rate so now I might think of using either of these services if I can get it to work on the DX200. Any rumor of a firmware update that may have one of these apps already installed?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #9,198 of 22,021
I hate to go off topic but I hope someone does not mind answering what I hope is a simple question. If I use my DX200 as a DAC in order to listen to music on my computer, and I am using amp3, how do I connect the DX200 to the computer? I have not downloaded the DAC program so I need to do that first. Am I correct in that I can use a usb-c to usb-c connection or even a regular usb from laptop to usb-c on the DX200? My laptop only has a regular usb and two type C usb ports and of course a headphone 3.5 connection. I assume I would not use the 2.5mm line out as the line out and headphone out are just that - outputs. Or would I use the 3.5mm male to coax cable that came with DX200 in order to use DX200 as a DAC only?

And I am going to go into a tiny off topic rant about Microsoft. Once again they abandon their music service. I got an email stating Groove will be discontinued. I like to use streaming services (I will never again consider anything Microsoft might add in the future) to explore music and if I like something then I buy it. Evidently Spotfly and Groove Play can allow downloads at 320 bit rate so now I might think of using either of these services if I can get it to work on the DX200. Any rumor of a firmware update that may have one of these apps already installed?

You need the driver, connect DX200 to the laptop using any cable that works for USB , for example USB to USB-C, you use the headphone out to your headphones. While DX200 is connected to your computer, you need to activate the USB-DAC mode from its settings

You can install any app with ease, if you download the apk file.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #9,199 of 22,021
You need the driver, connect DX200 to the laptop using any cable that works for USB , for example USB to USB-C, you use the headphone out to your headphones. While DX200 is connected to your computer, you need to activate the USB-DAC mode from its settings

+1

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #9,200 of 22,021

Just to be clear, I connect my headphone to the headphone out connection of the DX200, not the computer. In other words when used as a DAC the music on the computer is being played and the signal is going through the DX200 in order to use the higher quality chips and my headphone with balanced cable would connect to DX200.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #9,201 of 22,021
I burned in my DX200 and listen with low gain exclusively. Do you think that the high gain setting needs burn in if I start to use that? Wondering because I am not liking the high gain as much with my new Elears, sounds rougher. I was wondering about burn in.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #9,202 of 22,021
Just to be clear, I connect my headphone to the headphone out connection of the DX200, not the computer. In other words when used as a DAC the music on the computer is being played and the signal is going through the DX200 in order to use the higher quality chips and my headphone with balanced cable would connect to DX200.

Yes, you connect the headphone to the headphone output of DX200 - provided you already have the cables you need (AMP3 is 2.5mm Balanced, please take care of this)

It works just like it would be reading the files from its own memory, but instead it reads the files and audio data from your PC - you get the full might of your DX200, with the library and availability of your PC!

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #9,203 of 22,021
It sounds like you have it figured out. You should be able to use the USB cable that came with the DX200 to connect to your computer.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #9,204 of 22,021
I burned in my DX200 and listen with low gain exclusively. Do you think that the high gain setting needs burn in if I start to use that? Wondering because I am not liking the high gain as much with my new Elears, sounds rougher. I was wondering about burn in.

Huh, I actually use high gain more :darthsmile:

Not sure about the burn-in thing, I play almost exclusively using High Gain :smile_phones:

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #9,205 of 22,021
I've never thought about burnin at different gain settings. Interesting.

Oct 4, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #9,208 of 22,021

use the cable in the package. regular usb to usb-c AND INSTALL THIS DRIVERS:http://www.ibasso.com/down.php (SECOND LINE)
WHEN YOUR PC RECOGNIZE THE IBASSO, OPEN MANGO PLAYER AND SELECT DAC MODE
P.S.: SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK

Oct 4, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #9,209 of 22,021
Unfortunately the 'ghost swipe' got me as well. It is a bit disappointing, while it is my second device, after the first one stopped booting. How much pain for the love of Dx200 sound?

The device is now not usable.

Oct 4, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #9,210 of 22,021

The burn in is mostly for the benefit of the capacitors inside of the DAP (and amp module); they subtly change the electrical characteristics after certain number of hours. High/low gain won't make too much of a difference in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back