DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 25, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #9,001 of 22,021
H20Fidelity have you tried your T-Peos h300 with the DX200 yet? Try them while listening to your favorite tracks on Spotify. Compare them with other IEMs and report back please.

Wow, that's going back a while, I haven't had those IEMs for a long time now. Very capable hybrids for those with bright preferences, hot treble with some sources but still great.

I can only guess DX200 would real in a lot of refinement and control, especially from Amp3 which is smoother than Amp1. Cannot say how the treble may behave though.

If you put both Amp1 and Amp3 infront of me I recognize Amp3's potential, you can definitely hear the stronger refinement, control and other areas. Its just I'm willing to sacrifice that for more energetic/vibrant show off sound of Amp1 (especially Amp1 balanced)

It has always been my preference, bright/analytical.

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #9,002 of 22,021
Wow, that's going back a while, I haven't had those IEMs for a long time now. Very capable hybrids for those with bright preferences, hot treble with some sources but still great.

I can only guess DX200 would real in a lot of refinement and control, especially from Amp3 which is smoother than Amp1. Cannot say how the treble may behave though.

If you put both Amp1 and Amp3 infront of me I recognize Amp3's potential, you can definitely hear the stronger refinement, control and other areas. Its just I'm willing to sacrifice that for more energetic/vibrant show off sound of Amp1 (especially Amp1 balanced)

It has always been my preference, bright/analytical.
I still have mines and they have the best synergy of all my iems. I see you have the FLC S8 Hybrid. Did yours come with the 2.5mm adapter? How do they sound with the DX200?

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #9,003 of 22,021
I still have mines and they have the best synergy of all my iems. I see you have the FLC S8 Hybrid. Did yours come with the 2.5mm adapter? How do they sound with the DX200?

No, that is the problem no balanced cables, only for 1Plus2.2.

When you mentioned H-300 I thought 'they would kick some butt' with DX200 hey? :D

Because I know DX200 signature very well, and remember H-300. A few years back at the time Tralucent DacAmp One was my benchmark for portable DAC, (DX200 does surpass it these days) but I remember plugging H-300 into the Tralucent and how well they behaved with a strong source, especially treble, was like a different earphone. We listen all the time, everyday but its experiences like that which stick with us. :)

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #9,004 of 22,021
No, that is the problem no balanced cables, only for 1Plus2.2.

When you mentioned H-300 I thought 'they would kick some butt' with DX200 hey? :D

Because I know DX200 signature very well, and remember H-300. A few years back at the time Tralucent DacAmp One was my benchmark for portable DAC, (DX200 does surpass it these days) but I remember plugging H-300 into the Tralucent and how well they behaved with a strong source, especially treble, was like a different earphone. We listen all the time, everyday but its experiences like that which stick with us. :)
They are advertizing the FLC 8s Hybrid with the 2.5mm adapter on amazon. That will probably be my next purchase... and then AMP3.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #9,005 of 22,021
They are advertizing the FLC 8s Hybrid with the 2.5mm adapter on amazon. That will probably be my next purchase... and then AMP3.

Just buy used Tralucent 1Plus2, true H-300 upgrade, get some nappies for the encounter with DX200. :p

Buy 1Plus2 you can be happy and leave this place forever eh?. :D

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #9,006 of 22,021
Just buy used Tralucent 1Plus2, true H-300 upgrade, get some nappies for the encounter with DX200. :p

Buy 1Plus2 you can be happy and leave this place forever eh?. :D
Tralucent audio, Gavin are not around anymore!? I have contacted him but no reply. Tralucent IEMs can be bought only from him, unless you go second/third hand.

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #9,007 of 22,021
My DX200(Amp1 but modified) sounds on par with SP1000cu/ss but in different sound character. Soundstage, quality of treble, mid and bass is on the same quality but SP1000 have more quantity than DX200 and sound little edgy than DX200. One part that DX200 clearly lose is seperation in depth.

Just my 2 cents
I'm guessing that the AMP3 will narrow the gap even more, or entirely. I noticed a very large upgrade.

Sep 25, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #9,008 of 22,021
Tralucent audio, Gavin are not around anymore!? I have contacted him but no reply. Tralucent IEMs can be bought only from him, unless you go second/third hand.

The 1Plus2's with the right silver cable sound fantastic on the DX200.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #9,009 of 22,021
Just got my iBasso DX200! Unfortunately, whenever I try to copy any of my folders over, I get this error "the device has either stopped responding or is disconnected". The DX200 is recognized by the computer though, and it is still being charged.

All problems aside, the packaging was incredible. My brother knows nothing about audio products, and while I was unboxing it next to him, he said "that looks expensive".

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #9,010 of 22,021
Just got my iBasso DX200! Unfortunately, whenever I try to copy any of my folders over, I get this error "the device has either stopped responding or is disconnected". The DX200 is recognized by the computer though, and it is still being charged.

All problems aside, the packaging was incredible. My brother knows nothing about audio products, and while I was unboxing it next to him, he said "that looks expensive".

About that error, I would try to restart DX200, restart computer, or eventually try on another computer. If none of these work, you can always try to update the firmware or reset the device, maybe one of those things will solve the issue.

I was also very very impressed with the packaging, the designer is a genius! :darthsmile:

DX200 has one of the best packages I had the honor to unpack so far, and I unpacked a few items. Everything screams style and luxury.

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #9,011 of 22,021

If you have a different USB C cable I would try that and the suggestions above.

Sep 25, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #9,012 of 22,021
Just fixed the problem guys!

Turns out that the DX200 defaults to USB charging only through USB connection. I just had to switch it over to "file transfer" to allow me to copy files over. Thanks for all your help, feels good to be part of a bigger community over DX200 :)

Just got Spotify and Tidal as they were recommended to me. What are some other apps you guys are using on your DX200?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #9,015 of 22,021
My Amp1 is modified to narrow that gap. Gap is smaller than normal Amp1. I'm sure Amp3 will do the same :wink:
Modified of what ? You do know Amp3 is beefier than Amp1 ? By design...not simply swapping out for higher grade components such as Resistors or Capacitors you know ?

While you can upgrade your amp card by using and swapping in better components, you can never beat another amplifier with better design....let alone you have the potential to swap in better components again, period.

Swapping components are gaining as much as upgrading your cables, while buying a newer and better amplifier will always beat your cables upgrade, and that would be the analogy of it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back