DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 8, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #8,371 of 22,021
Thanks for advice ,I use Gold plated silver x8 Plussound BAL 2.5 I totally agree with you, in some music, there is a lack of power,But it's pretty good.
Mine sounds good but not any better than T5P. I think I may have discovered the weak link. I am using a $50 XLR to 2.5mm connector to connect included HD800 S balanced cable to iBasso DX200. I can bet a dedicated high quality cable will make a difference.

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #8,373 of 22,021
As I've been using Neutron Player, with my tweaks, the last 24 hours I've noticed that my DX200 doesn't get as hot and the battery lasts a lot longer. This is compared to using Mango and Poweramp. With Neutron the DX200 is barely warm to the touch. The DX200 was really hot when I used Mango and Poweramp. Is this part of the optimizations that the Neutron team made for the DX200?

Sep 8, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #8,374 of 22,021
I hear a lot of excitement around amp3. Are the benefits of amp3 accessible only in balanced mode? How does amp3 compare to amp2 and 1 when a unbalanced single ended headphone is plugged through an adapter?

Amp3 is balanced only with the 2.5mm sockets. The rest is too messed up to answer :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #8,375 of 22,021
I hear a lot of excitement around amp3. Are the benefits of amp3 accessible only in balanced mode? How does amp3 compare to amp2 and 1 when a unbalanced single ended headphone is plugged through an adapter?

Yes, AMP3 has 100% balanced architecture, both Headphone Output (2.5mm TRRS) and Line Out (also 2.5mm). You can't plug unbalanced single ended through adapter to balanced socket, it will short the circuit. Also, if you read my post HERE, I had some comparison notes between AMP1 and AMP3, hope it helps.

Sep 9, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #8,377 of 22,021
Thanks, finally there is no other upgrade option for single-ended than AMP2, right?

there will be in near future as amp5 but still have no exact time to official launch.

Sep 9, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #8,379 of 22,021
IMG_1862.JPG

Yes yes! This is part #3.

Digital transportation into my desktop system with my loving Stax009 :wink:. The Dx200 makes me this excited to test everything possible about it. Normally, when I am not too excited, I would just only be focused into the sound performances out of straight headphones!

So, the player comes with short 3.5mm into coax for transportation purposes. However, there are gains to be had if you can use better cables! I used my custom cables using pure Silver as you can see

The Dx200 can be used in this mode, just plug in and play, and using Mango app, the Dx200 will do Native DSD out wonderfully. I have DOP 64X while using Neutron and it down convert into PCM, unless going to setting>>hardware>>DOP over PCM. Mango is just plug and play

IMG_1858.JPG

By the way, my DAC sports Dual Es9038Pro....and DX200 sports dual ES9028Pro....what does that say ? I love the latest ESS Sabres sound quality. It could be that both of these devices are wonderfully engineered, or the latest Sabres chips are so wonderful to have !!! But from what I have experienced so far, both of these devices are really well-engineered.

Anyways, back to Dx200 as a transport. Yes, plug and play. It is that simple !! How is the sound quality ? Clean, and super finely detailed into my desktop DAC, especially those treble extensions and edges resolutions. Hah! Suddenly my favorite transportation WM1Z+Cradle system is being competed to by the Dx200. I can hear more background nuances And needles details!

Trust me when I said this, I used Silver USB cables from my Wm1Z as a transport before, and now in comparison to Coax/SPDIF from Dx200 ? I am in love. There are so much cleaner back ground and air, together with the smooth and superbly detailed but extended airy trebles ? WOOOOOooooo. By the way, whoever is a skeptical person, you don't have to agree with me, but the device as a digital transportation is important and will affect sound quality, so much as the cables itself....USB or coax, it won't matter. So yeah, Dx200 has another win here in my opinion.

Another congratulation to @Paul - iBasso and his team behind the Dx200. Performances through and through with carefully thought given and I can tell that every details about Dx200 has "the hearth of audiophile enthusiasm" into it.

Ofcourse the OS system and Mango app, together with Mango-mode, will need time to be worked out as there are Minor bugg here and there. However, it is coming, I know it, and you know it, given by howmuch participation and involvement @Paul - iBasso is here personally working on it and listen to our feedbacks.

Once again, the potential of Dx200 is Tremendous!

But hey! I don't like this, Why would Dx200 be a better transport than my expensive Wm1Z ? Suddenly, I think my 1Z is overpriced....:frowning2:. Well, here is my reasoning, the WM1Z is Superb in USB-Digital out and Dx200 is Superb in SPDIF/Coax out for digital transport. They will be equal in my opinion! But that is still too crazy. I am leaning toward Dx200 and this SPDIF/COAX! Be it, the technology or the player itself...don't matter.

By the way, I think everyone knows that there are debates between SPDIF/Coax vs USB ? People prefer it in different manners and personal tastes. However, there are no competitions here as WM1Z and DX200 have different technologies.

DX200, at this moment has horrible USB digital transport out to DAC, and WM1Z is Flawless. Then Wm1Z doesn't do SPDIF....but in the end, being a digital transport, both players are worthy of the title "top tier!"

Oh, both players can be digital transportation while charging and is very cool to the touch! Both players consumes a lot of battery for this purpose without charging. Once plugged for charging, they can keep on going 24/7

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #8,380 of 22,021
I would like to thank those from here With excellent guide Opportunity to make better use of Dx200 .
Today install Neutron player wow .I realized how much this device has ,With software I received a significant amount of detail :wink: smoother and sound stage better than before .

Impatiently waiting Amp3.

Sep 9, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #8,381 of 22,021
The Dx200 can be used in this mode, just plug in and play, and using Mango app, the Dx200 will do Native DSD out wonderfully.
Did I understand you correctly, that Mango outputs Native DSD via S/PDIF, and your DAC recognizes it? If yes, up to which rate (DSD64/128/256...)?

Did you try DSD64 as DoP from Neutron? It should work!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #8,382 of 22,021
Did I understand you correctly, that Mango outputs Native DSD via S/PDIF, and your DAC recognizes it? If yes, up to which rate (DSD64/128/256...)?

Did you try DSD64 as DoP from Neutron? It should work!

Yes, the picture above is DOP64. I will try Neutron shortly with DOP ticked. I am still yet to get familiarized with the Neutron app ...lol

Edit: yes, Neutron works in Native DSD out, need to do some setting while Mango is plug and play, a simpler step :D

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #8,383 of 22,021
@Lurker0 Sorry my ingnorance but i don´t undertsand one thing.Can i use your usb application with dx-200 like dac for my pc using tidal desktop? thank you

Sep 9, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #8,384 of 22,021
@Lurker0 Sorry my ingnorance but i don´t undertsand one thing.Can i use your usb application with dx-200 like dac for my pc using tidal desktop? thank you
I tried it, you open the app, look at top right corner for those Dots (setting), drop it down and chose USB-DAC. Though it did not work for many attempts I tried.

Mango app does work, but I needed to turn on the DAC mode first before plugging the cables. Tried the same for Lurker app, but somehow was unresponsive from IPad and camerakit

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #8,385 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back