DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 6, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #8,236 of 22,021
Lurker, is there anyway to enable USB-DAC feature out of Mango ?
Please read the description of USB Audio application, pre-installed in my firmware builds. It can, among from other features, turn USB DAC mode on and off, and, IMHO, does it better than Mango :) It also can disable and hide Mango, if you don't need it.

Sep 6, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #8,237 of 22,021
Damn!

Line-out into KG-Grounded Grid for my loving Stax009..Woooooohhhhhh-wooooooo!

I guess that expressed my real feeling

IMG_1838.JPG

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #8,238 of 22,021
Please read the description of USB Audio application, pre-installed in my firmware builds. It can, among from other features, turn USB DAC mode on and off, and, IMHO, does it better than Mango :) It also can disable and hide Mango, if you don't need it.
Now I see, in order to turn on USB DAC function, I needed to tap the menu and turned it on. However, neither Mango nor the USB audio app turned the dx200 into USB-DAC externally or outputting music to Desktop DAC. I was a bit confused by the app details

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #8,239 of 22,021
Hello, has anyone had problems with the sound of pop, crac to start playback or change the sampling frequency?
With T5p is a small sound, tolerable but by switching to the hd800s, the sound is quite strong, annoying, and hurts me a little ear. Is it a defect?
With chord mojo, have not experienced anything, only a small sound by changing the frequency of sampling in songs, so ruled out the hd800s are damaged.
can someone support your experience with amp1 and hd800s?

and another doubt, these sounds of pop, crack have possibility to damage the headphone ? Perhaps you think I'm exaggerating, but I think it is a very strong sound, considering that I hear from 30-40 for hd800s and 10-20 in t5p
Best regards
I also have the t5p 2nd generation and hd800s I have not had any similar problems
Now I see, in order to turn on USB DAC function, I needed to tap the menu and turned it on. However, neither Mango nor the USB audio app turned the dx200 into USB-DAC externally or outputting music to Desktop DAC. I was a bit confused by the app details
I think you have to download the driver

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #8,240 of 22,021
Does anyone know how to get the DX200 to play through folders? I know it's an option with Fiio players but I can't find it on the DX200. I'm trying to burn in my new AMP3 module but playback stops after the end of each album.

How are you burning in your DAPs?

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #8,241 of 22,021
Here is a puzzle. I loaded all my music on a micro SD card, inserted the card into the DX200 and did a scan. Everything looked good until I tried to find one particular album, Take Five by Dave Brubeck.
Does anyone know how to get the DX200 to play through folders? I know it's an option with Fiio players but I can't find it on the DX200. I'm trying to burn in my new AMP3 module but playback stops after the end of each album.

Select an album with lots of dynamics and put it in continuous play mode. It will play the entire album over and over until you stop it.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #8,242 of 22,021
Here is a puzzle. I loaded all my music on a micro SD card, inserted the card into the DX200 and did a scan. Everything looked good until I tried to find one particular album, Take Five by Dave Brubeck.

Select an album with lots of dynamics and put it in continuous play mode. It will play the entire album over and over until you stop it.
Thanks! That's plan B. I'll just do that.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #8,243 of 22,021
I also have the t5p 2nd generation and hd800s I have not had any similar problems

I think you have to download the driver

IPad to Dx200 only needed the dongle camera kit, and it was working before this custom firmware :frowning2:. I will just be going to download firmware from Ibasso and re flash it

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #8,246 of 22,021

We have this on the "to do" list for the FW.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 6, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #8,247 of 22,021
Hello, now in my second session of music, don't listen to the loud pop sound, crack to start the dx200 with hd800s.

Please @Paul - iBasso , could you give some information regarding these sounds

Regards
Do you mean you have the sound now or you don't? What volume would you compare the pop or crackle compared to when playing music? A 20 or 30 or louder setting for music for example.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #8,248 of 22,021
We have this on the "to do" list for the FW.
Awesome Paul. Thanks a lot. This would be a very welcome feature. It would be great to have this on my DX80 as well.

Also, when you go to Artists and tap one artist it would be nice to be able to have an "all songs" available as an option above the individual artist's albums.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #8,250 of 22,021

**hell....not gonna complain about anything....can't believe this DX200+Amp3+Neutron Player. My Utopia is slamming at 95/150 volumes.

Here is a fun thought in my mind though: if I never heard of DX200+amp3 out of my Utopia ever ? Blind folded me, and let me A/B between it and the WM1Z, then tell me that DX200 is an Unknown prototype that is aiming at 3k price range.....I would believe it...and what is worse ? I would eagerly waiting for it release....totally different signature from WM1Z, but just as good ? Unbelievable!

That is the point. We do CNC and use some of the best hardware on the market and do not skimp. Performance is the comparison not price. All of us expect to get more when we pay more and sometimes this is true. But it is not always a true indicator of performance or value only that you expect to get more when paying more and sometimes we believe this. If we produce a dap that sells for 400USD and it performs to the same musical quality as a player you just paid 3000 or 4000 for what does that mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back