DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 3, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #8,146 of 22,021
When our engineers got done with the AMP3 even I was surprised with what they had done. But we will not stop and will continue to work to bring you the best we can for your ultimate musical enjoyment. TOTL sound that is more affordable without cutting corners.

A perfect summary of DX200, and I would add, not just TOTL sound but also TOTL components.

Sep 3, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #8,148 of 22,021
I finally had a few hours to apply some burn-in to DX200, and I also had a few hours of listening now. MAN, the sound is musical and sweetly detailed!
I like well recorded jazz guitar on the DX200 and AMP3. The right timbre and just the right sound.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #8,149 of 22,021
Talk about 'instant' gratification and fast delivery! Thanks iBasso team for the quick action! (Order placed recently and didn't expect the package to be on my desk this soon!)

Just received AMP3, looking forward to test it out. Hopefully I will share the same experience and be delighted by it.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #8,150 of 22,021
The issue I'm having with Amp3 is it brings out too much bass from my Tralucent IEM.

Its worth mentioning the bass control (and overall control/refinement of the amp) is first class, it literally makes some of my single ended players here sound underwhelming around the mid-range, almost like something is wrong with my earphones stability after using Amp3. Its just there seems to be quite an amount of output power feeding my IEM which forces the bass forward, particularly with a decent job of mid-bass, when using high(ish) volumes to enjoy the mids it becomes too intrusive, after 30-minutes at moderate volumes it has sadly given me a headache once.

I don't get this from the single ended output on Amp1, the sound is balanced, and to a much lesser extent Amp1 balanced out.

Please let me remind everyone I only have one set of IEMs here with a balanced cable and I'm stuck with the outcome I'm getting rather than test different synergy with other IEM/headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #8,151 of 22,021
I'm hearing exactly the same. Amp3 overdrives my IEM (t8ie) too, causing too much bass. I don't think it's a good match for high sensitivity/low impedance, bass rich dynamic driver IEMs.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #8,152 of 22,021
I'm hearing exactly the same. Amp3 overdrives my IEM (t8ie) too, causing too much bass. I don't think it's a good match for high sensitivity/low impedance, bass rich dynamic driver IEMs.

I would like to try something full-size, maybe a nice Grado headphone balanced, but for low impedance IEMs mine do seem overdriven unfortunately

Maybe we can try another firmware to settle the low-end. (I'm on v2.5.141)

Sep 4, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #8,153 of 22,021
Is it a better sounding music player then your WM1Z or not? :)
Well, it will come down to personal preferences. It will be very hard for me to say this, the DX200 is to the least very close to WM1Z if not the same level in performances. Very different sound signatures
When our engineers got done with the AMP3 even I was surprised with what they had done. But we will not stop and will continue to work to bring you the best we can for your ultimate musical enjoyment. TOTL sound that is more affordable without cutting corners.
And you, folks, need to take what Paul stated above "literally". I am seriously surprised that DX200+Amp3 can perform this way and for the price-range
I would like to try something full-size, maybe a nice Grado headphone balanced, but for low impedance IEMs mine do seem overdriven unfortunately

It is absurd to complain about the Amp3 and the power it is pouring out. There are people who needs and seeks the power from an all in one DAP to drive headphones, and I do it wonderfully with Utopia/hd800, for years....it was not possible. Either way, swapable modules will allow Ibasso to develope another high-end amp for folks who need IEMS performances ?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #8,154 of 22,021
Well, it will come down to personal preferences. It will be very hard for me to say this, the DX200 is to the least very close to WM1Z if not the same level in performances

And you need to take what Paul stated above "literally". I am seriously surprised that DX200+Amp3 can perform this way

It is absurd to complain about the Amp3 and the power it is pouring out. There are people who needs and seeks the power from an all in one DAP to drive headphones, and I do it wonderfully with Utopia/hd800, for years....it was not possible. Either way, swapable modules will allow Ibasso to develope another high-end amp for folks who need IEMS performances ?

Actually, I'm not complaining, I paid nothing for the amp, BUT I was asked for my opinion and that's what I hear through my IEMs.

Would it better if I sugar coated, lied or said something positive?

Sep 4, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #8,155 of 22,021

Luke, did you only try with your Tralucent iems? Aren't those basshead tuned monitors? This effect could be specific to them, maybe they are sensitive to higher voltage drive? Try it with IT03, for example. I went through at least a dozen of iems, from low to high impedance, and the more noticeable effect with lower impedance iems (under 10 ohm) is a deeper sub-bass extension with a little more sub-bass rumble, nothing overwhelming. I don't find AMP3 overdriving or saturating, but perhaps if Tralucent is a basshead iems by default tuning (I never heard these, but you guys in a basshead "club" always rave about it :wink:), more sub-bass rumble can throw the balance off in this particular pair up. Please, do try it with IT03, I think you have that one as well? Do you have CB12/CB13 cables? IT03 w/CB13 combo (even at $455 price tag) can rival resolution/transparency/layering of some of the TOTL flagships at 2x-3x its price.

Sep 4, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #8,156 of 22,021
Luke, did you only try with your Tralucent iems? Aren't those basshead tuned monitors? This effect could be specific to them, maybe they are sensitive to higher voltage drive? Try it with IT03, for example. I went through at least a dozen of iems, from low to high impedance, and the more noticeable effect with lower impedance iems (under 10 ohm) is a deeper sub-bass extension with a little more sub-bass rumble, nothing overwhelming. I don't find AMP3 overdriving or saturating, but perhaps if Tralucent is a basshead iems by default tuning (I never heard these, but you guys in a basshead "club" always rave about it :wink:), more sub-bass rumble can throw the balance off in this particular pair up. Please, do try it with IT03, I think you have that one as well? Do you have CB12/CB13 cables? IT03 w/CB13 combo (even at $455 price tag) can rival resolution/transparency/layering of some of the TOTL flagships at 2x-3x its price.
Good advices!
It may appear to be sugar coating or lying, thread carefully :D

Sep 4, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #8,158 of 22,021

The 1Plus2.2 aren't bass heavy usually and while I don't understand how Amp3 works internally it sounds exactly that like there's too much power or voltage going through them, the dynamic drivers sound much heavier/louder than they should be, very good note seperation, you can hear every note clear as day with great speed, its just the bass is too loud.

But like I said, if people had read between the lines I only have this ONE IEM here and regardless still feel the amp has miles of potentail, you can hear it easily, just not with this IEM.

IT03 is out on loan, I'll try and get it back soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back