DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 31, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #8,056 of 22,021
You just reminded me how many compilations and artists with one song I have, and why I use only folder browsing.

For me it looks very good, the list browsing for artists is really smooth with a 128GB mSC card, all photos are loaded 0.5 seconds after I get to a new page, but it should be noted that I scanned the card before, and all my cover art is manually resized to 500x500 or less when it is ported to my mSD cards.

Do you have large lists, embedded art, or large art size? One of those might slow down the processing if they happen. I have no embedded art in my files, only cover.jpg or cover.png within the folder.

Does it still display the album art without the embedding? I literally went through and deleted all the jpg images, because I thought they were taking up space and were embedded anyway... Some of them might be large too.

Aug 31, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #8,057 of 22,021
Does it still display the album art without the embedding? I literally went through and deleted all the jpg images, because I thought they were taking up space and were embedded anyway... Some of them might be large too.

It works just well with the art cover.jpg files in the album folders, and there is free software that can do mass resizing and renaming out there!

Embedded artwork slows down every single device out there, it is just a lot of raw data to process. MP3TAG can also mass strip the embedded the data from every single file!

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #8,058 of 22,021
It works just well with the art cover.jpg files in the album folders, and there is free software that can do mass resizing and renaming out there!

Embedded artwork slows down every single device out there, it is just a lot of raw data to process. MP3TAG can also mass strip the embedded the data from every single file!
That's kinda odd... the last 2 cell phones I've had don't appear to have any problem with embedded art work. No detectable slow down. So not sure why you think it should cause a problem for DX200.

The Mango pure interface doesn't function nearly as smoothly as Neutron. And while Android Mango is relatively smooth in operation... it's so basic in functions, adding tracks to the queue, sorting, and searching, that it seems quite lacking compared to Neutron. Mango still takes forever to scan in new music because it has to rescan the entire database every time, both in pure mode and Android. Neutron can scan new music into its database within a few seconds.

However, I would probably be willing to live with pure Mango's basic functions if the pure mode operated as smoothly as Android Mango. I don't quite understand the problem, as you would think in pure Mango mode, the OS and processors have absolutely nothing else to do, with what should be all available resources dedicated to functioning solely as a DAP/DAC/amp.

Aug 31, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #8,059 of 22,021
We have a few improvements coming up for the Mango pure very soon.
I got a brand newt DX200 (with latest firmware) a few weeks ago. I am impressed with the sound. I only use pure Mango and Android Mango so far.
A few annoying issues though. One of them is that whenever I have it start to play music, the very begining part of the song is cut.
This happens only on the first song,
no issue on 2nd and 3rd when continuing. Selecting another album 1st song is cut off in the begining again.
Guess this is a known issue here. Any cure for this?

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #8,060 of 22,021
That's kinda odd... the last 2 cell phones I've had don't appear to have any problem with embedded art work. No detectable slow down. So not sure why you think it should cause a problem for DX200.

The Mango pure interface doesn't function nearly as smoothly as Neutron. And while Android Mango is relatively smooth in operation... it's so basic in functions, adding tracks to the queue, sorting, and searching, that it seems quite lacking compared to Neutron. Mango still takes forever to scan in new music because it has to rescan the entire database every time, both in pure mode and Android. Neutron can scan new music into its database within a few seconds.

However, I would probably be willing to live with pure Mango's basic functions if the pure mode operated as smoothly as Android Mango. I don't quite understand the problem, as you would think in pure Mango mode, the OS and processors have absolutely nothing else to do, with what should be all available resources dedicated to functioning solely as a DAP/DAC/amp.

Curious what apps you're using, my smartphone, which is an uppder mid end smartphone (Mi Max), has severe problems with artwork, embedded or not. DX200 has full flying speed in direct comparison... About Mango vs Neutron, I really don't like how Neutron looks like - the elegance of Mango is really important for me. Neutron feels like someone made a good app, but gave up on the GUI part.

Oh yes, I'm almost always using Mango from android, not in Pure mode, because it works better for me.

I got a brand newt DX200 (with latest firmware) a few weeks ago. I am impressed with the sound. I only use pure Mango and Android Mango so far.
A few annoying issues though. One of them is that whenever I have it start to play music, the very begining part of the song is cut.
no issue on 2nd and 3rd when continuing. Selecting another album 1st song is cut off in the begining again.

The first part of the song is cut problem happens only in pure mode? I didn't have it happen to me so far, using Android and Opus music app. Either this, or I really didn't notice it so far.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #8,062 of 22,021
@ Whitigir & @mrmoto050

Thanks for pointer and advise , will be getting my 1st dap soon . Hope the dx200 is a good choice.

Of course I can only speak/type for myself but yes, the DX200 is a good, nay...excellent choice.

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #8,065 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 1, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #8,067 of 22,021

I get this as well on a new dx200 with the latest firmware already installed.
I am currently burning it in, so I leave it running until the battery runs out. I have to rescan the memory card each time as the tracks on it disappear from the database.

The song title is hard to see on the now playing screen if the album cover is light. It would be nice to have the semi transparent block behind the writing made more opaque.

Sep 1, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #8,068 of 22,021
I have the same issue and don't worry, they know this problem :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back