DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 18, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #7,756 of 22,019
I ordered my AMP3 direct from the iBasso site on the 10th and it arrived on Monday 14th, I think that is pretty good service!

Good to know delivery is quick. Just sent off my silver iem cable to get modded with 2.5mm trrs. Probably be another 4weeks till I get it back, so may wait until nearer then before ordering. hopefully Advancedmp3Players will have them in stock then.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #7,758 of 22,019
Does anyone know whether Dignis has any plans to release a case for the DX200? :)
I contacted Dignis, probably 2 months or so ago now. At that time, they responded that they had no intention of producing a case for the DX200. They didn't think there would be enough demand for it, since the DX200 comes with a case.

But who knows... if the DX200 remains a relevant and relatively popular product over a period of time, maybe Dignis will change their mind.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #7,759 of 22,019
Finally got new firmware working but still have questions and problems. I kept pestering Paul yesterday and want to give him a break today. Main problem is when in reader mode my computer does not recognize the player, never had this problem with DX80. Also I can only switch USB modes in Mango. And whey checking system info in Mango it shows v1.6. In android it does show latest firmware. But in android mode when going to the menu where I can change settings the settings menu item is in red and does nothing when I select it. When I select usb mode it always shows DAC on mode and when I press I get a button that states back to DAP mode but when I press that button just goes to the DAC on button. The DAC on button is always in red and the go back to dap button is not. Maybe downloading DAC driver will solve this?

Since my computer does not recognize player then how do I get files into the internal storage. On file explorer I can select copy, move, or send when selecting the folder I want in the internal storage but then can't figure out how to get the file there as nothing pops up or I see no way to paste to internal storage.

I am still breaking the DX200 in, starting day three, and I am extremely pleased the balanced output can handle the Sennheiser HD800 S, which arrived same day as DX200. My main phones have been Beyerdynamic T5p g2 and they were great with DX80. They are a little subdued with DX200 but I expect that to change as unit gets broken in more. I am going to order balanced cables for T5P and order amp3.

I do have another technical question. As I inferred I am very pleased I will not have to buy a headphone amp to drive HD800 S. But I am going to look into getting one to see what it could add. My understanding is if I get amp3 I will have to make sure I get an external amp with a balanced input, correct? Also, when connecting DX200 would I have to have it in DAC mode or would an external DAC help? My thinking is DX200 is a good source so DAC maybe not needed. I know using a computer to listen DAC mode helps, but not sure if needed if I connect to an external amp. But my understanding a DAC is a digital to analogue converter and the signal is still digital in the DX200, this is what confuses me.

update - when in Android mode and while listening to music I plugged in usb connection so I could keep in charging while burning in and what do you know - I see DX200 in the mene tree on my computer, with default and internal memory subfolders. Yeah! now it looks like I can copy music folders from computer directly into unit. Not sure what is going on with menus. I would still appreciate answers to my questions about amp3 and DAC.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #7,760 of 22,019
I contacted Dignis, probably 2 months or so ago now. At that time, they responded that they had no intention of producing a case for the DX200. They didn't think there would be enough demand for it, since the DX200 comes with a case.

But who knows... if the DX200 remains a relevant and relatively popular product over a period of time, maybe Dignis will change their mind.
I contacted them a few times and asked another company about this. Dignis said there had been a lot of demand but that they were going a different direction (to paraphrase). I see that they are producing cases for AK and wonder if AK has bought out a large share of the company because they indicated it wasn't demand that was holding them back.

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #7,761 of 22,019
I contacted them a few times and asked another company about this. Dignis said there had been a lot of demand but that they were going a different direction (to paraphrase). I see that they are producing cases for AK and wonder if AK has bought out a large share of the company because they indicated it wasn't demand that was holding them back.

Maybe Dignis is favoring their homeland companies, A&K and theBit/Opus? Not sure about Cowon, but both Plenue M2 and Plenue 2 come with a premium leather case of Dignis quality.

i already suggested to Paul, when DX200TI is released, I hope it comes with a premium leather case :wink:

Aug 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #7,762 of 22,019
My t8ies, paired with AMP1 balanced out, becomes very musical and still non-fatiquing under firmware 2.5.141. I rarely can hear change of sound signature between firmwares except this latest one.

But for the acclaimed AMP3 (now at 50 hours of burn-in), my opinion differs. It doesn't have good synergy with t8ies. Though every vibration of the vocal is heard and felt, and there is better imaging, more details and fuller sound, the bass quantity is just too much no matter at high or low gain. I really can't listen to it for long sessions. Everytime when listening for only around 20-30 minutes, my ears can't stand the rumbling bass attack. Switching back and forth between AMP1 and AMP3, I prefer AMP1 with the latest firmware, very balanced, open with clarity and musicality.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #7,763 of 22,019
My t8ies, paired with AMP1 balanced out, becomes very musical and still non-fatiquing under firmware 2.5.141. I rarely can hear change of sound signature between firmwares except this latest one.

But for the acclaimed AMP3 (now at 50 hours of burn-in), my opinion differs. It doesn't have good synergy with t8ies. Though every vibration of the vocal is heard and felt, and there is better imaging, more details and fuller sound, the bass quantity is just too much no matter at high or low gain. I really can't listen to it for long sessions. Switching back and forth between amp1 and 3, I like amp1.

I think you just listed my ideal sound signature lol.
Amp3, here I come :D

Aug 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #7,764 of 22,019
I think you just listed my ideal sound signature lol.
Amp3, here I come :D

Or maybe not yet lol. I'm kind of curious to hear whether it has good synergy with the hopefully soon-to-be released IT04. You'd imagine it would, being all from the same company lol.
I loved that IEM at CanJam and I can imagine that the IT04, with iBasso balanced cables and the AMP3 would be an absolutely outstanding combination :)

Aug 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #7,765 of 22,019

It's a conspiracy, I tell you... :p
They had a nice case for the DX80, but I guess that case has been out a fair while..

@Paul - iBasso (and @jamato8 if you happen to know),
speaking of the IT04 (as I did just now), will that and other new iBasso products be announced on this thread shortly before they're due to be released?
Don't want to miss the news and not realise, as I don't go on the front page anywhere near as often as I go to my subscribed threads! :)

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #7,766 of 22,019
It's a conspiracy, I tell you... :p
They had a nice case for the DX80, but I guess that case has been out a fair while..

@Paul - iBasso (and @jamato8 if you happen to know),
speaking of the IT04 (as I did just now), will that and other new iBasso products be announced on this thread shortly before they're due to be released?
Don't want to miss the news and not realise, as I don't go on the front page anywhere near as often as I go to my subscribed threads! :)
I don't know any more than at CanJam. I would guess they are working out all the details to make sure there aren't any problems. I still enjoy the IT03 a lot.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #7,767 of 22,019
Does the amp3 have more power than the balanced output of amp1? From the specs seems the same but I keep thinking I saw a post where less volume is used plus the description more headroom makes me think more power. I am breaking in DX200 and Sennheiser HD800 S now with amp1. I was worried that I would need an external amp for the headphones but the balanced output seems to be driving them just fine. I am at about 48 hours burn in and can't believe the difference in sound from this morning to now, I know I should wait but was like a 10 year old at Christmas, could not wait to try the combo. My T5p g2 and especially Sennheiser sounded like all the music was just not there but I did not expect them to sound great out of the box. I am surprised how good they sound now and just wonder what will happen after more burn in, will a holographic image of the musicians appear in my living room? I am really curious how an external amp or the amp3 could make this combo sound better. It sounds like amp3 may just have a different sound signature than balanced of amp1.

I think I am going to order balanced cables for my Beyerdynamic T5p v2 to see again if something really good can be improved even more. I really loved the DX80 and T5p combo.

Aug 19, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #7,768 of 22,019
Does the amp3 have more power than the balanced output of amp1? From the specs seems the same but I keep thinking I saw a post where less volume is used plus the description more headroom makes me think more power. I am breaking in DX200 and Sennheiser HD800 S now with amp1. I was worried that I would need an external amp for the headphones but the balanced output seems to be driving them just fine. I am at about 48 hours burn in and can't believe the difference in sound from this morning to now, I know I should wait but was like a 10 year old at Christmas, could not wait to try the combo. My T5p g2 and especially Sennheiser sounded like all the music was just not there but I did not expect them to sound great out of the box. I am surprised how good they sound now and just wonder what will happen after more burn in, will a holographic image of the musicians appear in my living room? I am really curious how an external amp or the amp3 could make this combo sound better. It sounds like amp3 may just have a different sound signature than balanced of amp1.

I think I am going to order balanced cables for my Beyerdynamic T5p v2 to see again if something really good can be improved even more. I really loved the DX80 and T5p combo.

I should have amp3 early next week, and will compare bal of amp1 vs amp3 using T5p2.

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #7,769 of 22,019
I should have amp3 early next week, and will compare bal of amp1 vs amp3 using T5p2.

Thanks, looking forward to it and just read your DX200 review earlier today. I have been very happy with T5P v2 with DX80 (your review clearly indicated DX200 good match with T5p). Do you think you might be trying the DX200 with Sennheiser HD800 S? I see so many comments where an external amp is needed but DX200 balanced amp1 seems to do well, but I don't have ability to compare other high end stuff. Since I can't have a good speaker system in my apartment I am always going after the best soundstage I can get with headphones. I am almost feeling guilty having two great headphones, I keep thinking I should not own both!. I will never give up the T5P because I like to travel and as you know closed end much better for being around people. But at home if Sennheiser can give anything more then the T5Ps I will keep both. I am going to order some balanced cables for the T5p. When I get the cables I will be doing some serous A/B listening to see if I will keep the Sennheiser. I have to admit I am really enjoying them.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #7,770 of 22,019
Thanks, looking forward to it and just read your DX200 review earlier today. I have been very happy with T5P v2 with DX80 (your review clearly indicated DX200 good match with T5p). Do you think you might be trying the DX200 with Sennheiser HD800 S? I see so many comments where an external amp is needed but DX200 balanced amp1 seems to do well, but I don't have ability to compare other high end stuff. Since I can't have a good speaker system in my apartment I am always going after the best soundstage I can get with headphones. I am almost feeling guilty having two great headphones, I keep thinking I should not own both!. I will never give up the T5P because I like to travel and as you know closed end much better for being around people. But at home if Sennheiser can give anything more then the T5Ps I will keep both. I am going to order some balanced cables for the T5p. When I get the cables I will be doing some serous A/B listening to see if I will keep the Sennheiser. I have to admit I am really enjoying them.

Sorry, don't have access to hd800s :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back