DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 18, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #7,741 of 22,021
Aug 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #7,742 of 22,021
Thank you @Paul - iBasso
rescan works, at least they are put in the unkown folder.

I need to advice for a bug: DSD256 are not read. Both in standard android mode and in mango mode.
Sometimes starts but it is mute or simply, clicking on play, nothing happens.
The same DSD256 files are perfectly reproduced by my AR-M2 (even if this player is given for DSD64/128).

Hope you can solve since one of the reason I took this player is because is one of the few (maybe the only?) is given on the paper for the official support of DSD512...

Thanks
ciao
Lorenzo
What firmware are you using? We have tested 256 and it plays without issue. I also use it most days and it plays.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #7,743 of 22,021
I have a request for @Paul - iBasso .
I really enjoy the sound of DX200, but for me there is a big lack in this device: bass. When I listen to drums I simply hear a "tic" instead of a "BOOM" and I'm using the AMP2 with Focal Elear and trust me, Focal Elear has big bass (tried with other devices). Everyone is enjoying the DX200, but I can't believe that a drum is a "tic", a drum is a drum, not a little stick against a little stick. I am trying every kind of music, from rap to classical, no bass at all. So my request is simple, can iBasso eventually make a new AMP with whom we can hear a true drum, mainteining the good separation?
I think I am the only one in this forum that mentioned I wish more separation between voices and instruments, but since I am the only one saying this, maybe it's just my problem, but other people complained about the bass, even with AMP2. It's only a request of course :)
The bass measurement we get and in practice is well controlled and normal in range. I am not sure why you are not getting a good bass response. We have tested this and the entire frequency range both by scope and practical listening using many different monitors. Is it this way with all headphones or IEMs that you try?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #7,744 of 22,021
The bass measurement we get and in practice is well controlled and normal in range. I am not sure why you are not getting a good bass response. We have tested this and the entire frequency range both by scope and practical listening using many different monitors. Is it this way with all headphones or IEMs that you try?

@Glasha

I can absolutely second Paul's response (both with subjective listening but also with measurements). There is no lack/roll-off in the lows or their response at all. Nothing.

Compared to what device do you get this impression? The Elear has got an impedance spike between 50 and 60 Hz - if you connect it to a source with a high output impedance (most stereo amplifiers and CD players, but also some desktop amplifiers and most tube amps), you will get a bass boost because of this (which might sound pleasant to you but is not an ideal output response of the source device/amp). When you connect it to the AMP2 that has a really low output impedance, there won't be any additional bass boost.

Maybe that's what you are hearing?

Assuming that your impression isn't caused by the case above, it might just be that you are listening at a higher volume with your other devices compared to the iBasso, and as our hearing doesn't work linearly and is volume-dependent (lower and higher frequencies are perceived as quieter than the midrange at lower listening levels), you impression of a "bad" bass response might be caused by this.

Aug 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #7,745 of 22,021
Do you know where I can get an OTG cable for the DX200 that will work with the iFi BL?
I don't know which kind is USB input of iFi, but any suitable OTG cable should work. If you have problems to find an OTG cable with Type-C connector from the host (DX200) side, an OTG cable terminated with microUSB, coupled with microUSB (female)-Type-C (male) adapter should work. At least I used such an adapter with cables and devices I have.

Aug 18, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #7,746 of 22,021
When I listen to drums I simply hear a "tic" instead of a "BOOM" and I'm using the AMP2 with Focal Elear
Are you sure you plug headphones into Phone, and not into Line, output?

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #7,749 of 22,021
Hi,

I have some comment too about dx200 bass (and in general about its sound body), in particular about percussions, compared with acoustic research AR-M2. Now I am on the train and I will write tomorrow all the details.

I'm running 2.541 fw. Just checked in the download area and I can't see any 2.56 fw. Any other places where I can search?

Thanks
Ciao

@Paul - iBasso

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #7,750 of 22,021
Can you change Wallpaper on Ibasso dx200, does it support wallpaper on the main screen?
Im looking for a dap with android and wallpaper mode

Yes.

Hi,
I'm running 2.541 fw. Just checked in the download area and I can't see any 2.6 fw. Any other places where I can search?

Thanks
Ciao

@Paul - iBasso

2.6 firmware? What makes you think it's available/exists?

Aug 18, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #7,751 of 22,021
I don't know which kind is USB input of iFi, but any suitable OTG cable should work. If you have problems to find an OTG cable with Type-C connector from the host (DX200) side, an OTG cable terminated with microUSB, coupled with microUSB (female)-Type-C (male) adapter should work. At least I used such an adapter with cables and devices I have.

I found one on Amazon that I'm going to try. Hopefully it will work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y2GCB3M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #7,752 of 22,021
@Signal2Noise
Missed "5"... 2.56 I'm from the phone.
Anyway I understand 2.56 is newer than 2.541 ...

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #7,753 of 22,021
I wouldn't want more bass on the DX200. To me it would be unnatural but if you want more bass use the EQ but it drives the Utopia with ease and the bass is very well integrated and goes low with plenty of slam.

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #7,755 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back