DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 18, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #7,726 of 22,021
You can try a rescan of the card and also check the tagging.
Thank you @Paul - iBasso
rescan works, at least they are put in the unkown folder.

I need to advice for a bug: DSD256 are not read. Both in standard android mode and in mango mode.
Sometimes starts but it is mute or simply, clicking on play, nothing happens.
The same DSD256 files are perfectly reproduced by my AR-M2 (even if this player is given for DSD64/128).

Hope you can solve since one of the reason I took this player is because is one of the few (maybe the only?) is given on the paper for the official support of DSD512...

Thanks
ciao
Lorenzo

Aug 18, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #7,727 of 22,021
After reading the comments about the AMP3 I'm quite tempted to get one. Is it currently only available from ibasso site? Any UK retailers with stock?

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #7,729 of 22,021
Thanks. Didn't realise it was that one. I'd prefer one that didn't have the stand feature personally, but by the sounds of it that isn't going to materialise

The Miter case is a little thicker. Also like the stock case it blocks the sd slot. I have a punch that is the perfect width and length that I used when I used to make watch bands and it punches out the exact right size so the card is accessible. I would prefer just a leather back without the flap but the case works well and was 39 dollars on Amazon.

Yeah no doubt that the Milter case looks a lot better. I was worried about the thickness due to the rear stand, but if it isnt any thicker than the ibasso case then it is tempting.
Surprised that ibasso went with brown and didnt even make a black version avaialble to buy.

Custom leather cases for DX200:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/535627349/ibasso-dx200-leather-case

@twister6 reviewed his below:

https://twister6.com/2017/07/25/valentinum-leather-case-for-dx200/

Ordering mine soon :L3000:

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #7,731 of 22,021
I have a request for @Paul - iBasso .
I really enjoy the sound of DX200, but for me there is a big lack in this device: bass. When I listen to drums I simply hear a "tic" instead of a "BOOM" and I'm using the AMP2 with Focal Elear and trust me, Focal Elear has big bass (tried with other devices). Everyone is enjoying the DX200, but I can't believe that a drum is a "tic", a drum is a drum, not a little stick against a little stick. I am trying every kind of music, from rap to classical, no bass at all. So my request is simple, can iBasso eventually make a new AMP with whom we can hear a true drum, mainteining the good separation?
I think I am the only one in this forum that mentioned I wish more separation between voices and instruments, but since I am the only one saying this, maybe it's just my problem, but other people complained about the bass, even with AMP2. It's only a request of course :)

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #7,732 of 22,021
Excuse me but concerning AMP3, a question burns my lips (as much as willing to order burns my wallet):
  • did you bother matching level on AMP1 and AMP3 before comparing them both balanced?
What I mean is that obviously from technical data, we can expect that AMP3 at say level 40 is much more loud than AMP1.
And sometime, just by listening louder, you can feel that the new toy sound better.
OK, my attempt not to jump on AMP3 may seem pitiful but ...

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #7,734 of 22,021
I really enjoy the sound of DX200, but for me there is a big lack in this device: bass. When I listen to drums I simply hear a "tic" instead of a "BOOM" and I'm using the AMP2 with Focal Elear and trust me, Focal Elear has big bass (tried with other devices). ..

I assume you've tried using EQ? How about a 3rd party music player with DSP options such as Neutron?

Excuse me but concerning AMP3, a question burns my lips (as much as willing to order burns my wallet):
  • did you bother matching level on AMP1 and AMP3 before comparing them both balanced?
What I mean is that obviously from technical data, we can expect that AMP3 at say level 40 is much more loud than AMP1. ...

I had to turn down the volume level from where it was at when Amp1 was inserted. Even at the lower/same listening level I find Amp3 fuller.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #7,735 of 22,021
I really enjoy the sound of DX200, but for me there is a big lack in this device: bass. When I listen to drums I simply hear a "tic" instead of a "BOOM" and I'm using the AMP2 with Focal Elear and trust me, Focal Elear has big bass (tried with other devices). Everyone is enjoying the DX200, but I can't believe that a drum is a "tic", a drum is a drum, not a little stick against a little stick. I am trying every kind of music, from rap to classical, no bass at all. So my request is simple, can iBasso eventually make a new AMP with whom we can hear a true drum, mainteining the good separation?
I think I am the only one in this forum that mentioned I wish more separation between voices and instruments, but since I am the only one saying this, maybe it's just my problem, but other people complained about the bass, even with AMP2. It's only a request of course :)

I can't understand it. The Dx200 with my IT03 IEM's is some of the best bass I've heard, having owned EI800 and SE846, both known for their good bass output.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #7,736 of 22,021
I have a question about the SPDIF output of the DX200. Does it support DSD? I just purchased a Ifi iDSD BL and I'm using the coax SPDIF cable that came with the DX200 to connect them. When I play DSD files I get a lot of noise and the songs plays very faintly in the background. Is this normal? Other files that I have tried that are not DSD seem to play fine.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #7,737 of 22,021
I have a question about the SPDIF output of the DX200. Does it support DSD?
AFAIK Mango player does not support DoP output via S/PDIF, which is the only way to output DSD via S/PDIF. But you can try 3rd party apps (Hiby Music, UAPP, Neutron) connecting your DAC via USB OTG. This is the best way, if it would work.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #7,738 of 22,021
AFAIK Mango player does not support DoP output via S/PDIF, which is the only way to output DSD via S/PDIF. But you can try 3rd party apps (Hiby Music, UAPP, Neutron) connecting your DAC via USB OTG. This is the best way, if it would work.

Thanks for the info.

Do you know where I can get an OTG cable for the DX200 that will work with the iFi BL?

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #7,740 of 22,021
I use the dx200 amp1 single ended with elear and the bass is really good, drums too. Now i ordered i balanced cable. I don't know amp2 but it's really strange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back