DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 17, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #7,711 of 22,021
Sounds like the relay is stuck. Have you tried plugging and unplugging the optical plug a few times?
Yeah, I tried that. No luck!

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #7,712 of 22,021
Yeah, I tried that. No luck!
When you look at the socket of the optical connection is it on, red? I don't look straight at it but you can see if it is on with the cable out of the socket if it is still on.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #7,713 of 22,021
When you look at the socket of the optical connection is it on, red? I don't look straight at it but you can see if it is on with the cable out of the socket if it is still on.
Yes. It is always on.

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #7,715 of 22,021
Yes. It is always on.
Has to be the relay then. I would try plugging and unplugging the optical cable a number of times. Otherwise I would contact iBasso. I have had some expensive gear do that. It is frustrating but relays can act up.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #7,716 of 22,021
Has to be the relay then. I would try plugging and unplugging the optical cable a number of times. Otherwise I would contact iBasso. I have had some expensive gear do that. It is frustrating but relays can act up.
I've tried multiple times. 20 ish. I'm guessing the plug was defective and when I used it for the first time it got messed up.

I just sent Paul an email.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #7,718 of 22,021
I just received my DX200 and am very frustrated because there was no user guide in the box, just a quick start guide, and I can find any links on the iBasso site. Plenty of links on other sites but learned that lesson. Do I have tp format micro sd card from computer or DX200? I saw where I could scan the card from DX200 but not format. I copied the latest firmware to sd card but can't figure out how to get it to upload in unit. Also when I attach to computer and have DX200 as card reader the computer does not show internal storage, so I do I copy music files to the internal storage? Can I burn in while charging? If so how because only charging shows on the screen.

Gary

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #7,719 of 22,021
I just received my DX200 and am very frustrated because there was no user guide in the box, just a quick start guide, and I can find any links on the iBasso site. Plenty of links on other sites but learned that lesson. Do I have tp format micro sd card from computer or DX200? I saw where I could scan the card from DX200 but not format. I copied the latest firmware to sd card but can't figure out how to get it to upload in unit. Also when I attach to computer and have DX200 as card reader the computer does not show internal storage, so I do I copy music files to the internal storage? Can I burn in while charging? If so how because only charging shows on the screen.

Gary

I downloases pdf of DX200 user manual.
IBASSO site.
Product , DAP and choose DX200.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Under MORE SERVICE, select Manual Download.

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #7,720 of 22,021
^
All of your questions have been covered through this thread.

Manual (although still brief, imo): http://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20170123/201701230405436442.pdf

SD cards should already be formatted/ ready to go. The only thing you need to do is make it either internal or removable storage which should be a prompt from Android once it detects the new card.

The firmware, if downloaded from iBasso, is a zip file that needs to be unzipped once. Inside is another zip which needs to be copied to your SDcard on the DX200 (do not extract this 2nd zip!). Then in Android settings you choose Manual Update and go to that zip file.

In order to copy music from computer to DX200 you need to swipe down on the DX200 while it's connected to computer and there will be a notification about USB Charging. Tap that and you can choose File Transfer. Then computer will show a window with your DX200 drives.

Burn in while charging: same as above. Tap notification to change from Charging only to listen to music or something to that effect. It's off top of my head at the moment.

Welcome to the DX200 club!

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #7,721 of 22,021
I downloases pdf of DX200 user manual.
IBASSO site.
Product , DAP and choose DX200.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Under MORE SERVICE, select Manual Download.
Thanks, looks like I can only update in android mode. Still having problems. When in android mode the part of the screen that states settings is red and when I tap on it nothing happens. Also when going to usb the default was dac so when I hit the usb menu there is a button in red that states DAC on. When I hit the button I get a button that states back to dap mode. I thought great but when I hit that button in just goes back to dac mode.

I am hoping computer recognizes DAP, both internal and sd when using android but I think I have to figure out how to get it out of dac mode since I have not downloaded dac driver yet.

I am not sure what is meant by copying download to root folder. I just copied and pasted into the sd card. It is getting late, I am tired and frustrated and will tackle this tomorrow. My laptop does not recognize the DX200 which is another problem. My DX80 works great so hopefully I will get this figured out tomorrow.

I took sd card out of player to see if I could load music into it and it showed internal memory 64 GB when it is a 128 GB card. The good news is I put it back in the player and at least I should be able to start the burn in process. I have a playlist folder on loop. For some reason I cannot do anything with the settings menu. It stays red and when I press nothing happens.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #7,722 of 22,021
Thanks, looks like I can only update in android mode. Still having problems. When in android mode the part of the screen that states settings is red and when I tap on it nothing happens. Also when going to usb the default was dac so when I hit the usb menu there is a button in red that states DAC on. When I hit the button I get a button that states back to dap mode. I thought great but when I hit that button in just goes back to dac mode.

I am hoping computer recognizes DAP, both internal and sd when using android but I think I have to figure out how to get it out of dac mode since I have not downloaded dac driver yet.

I am not sure what is meant by copying download to root folder. I just copied and pasted into the sd card. It is getting late, I am tired and frustrated and will tackle this tomorrow. My laptop does not recognize the DX200 which is another problem. My DX80 works great so hopefully I will get this figured out tomorrow.

I took sd card out of player to see if I could load music into it and it showed internal memory 64 GB when it is a 128 GB card. The good news is I put it back in the player and at least I should be able to start the burn in process. I have a playlist folder on loop. For some reason I cannot do anything with the settings menu. It stays red and when I press nothing happens.
Please note that I have emailed you. I am not sure what is going on with your screen so please go to settings and to Backup & Reset. Then do a factory reset.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 18, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #7,724 of 22,021
The stand on the Miter case is actually no bother. It doesn't make the back of the case any thicker than the OEM case. The stand part of it doesn't flop around or anything if you don't use it (I don't). The little indentations for the buttons actually make the buttons a little easier to feel for and press. And the volume knob is much easier to turn with the Miter case. IMO it's overall a better case... and I prefer the color. Worth the $$ to me.

Yeah no doubt that the Milter case looks a lot better. I was worried about the thickness due to the rear stand, but if it isnt any thicker than the ibasso case then it is tempting.
Surprised that ibasso went with brown and didnt even make a black version avaialble to buy.

Aug 18, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #7,725 of 22,021
Thanks for the update signal2noise...! So if you feel the need to play with the flc filters it means That something change with Amp3...somehow it's a very good News....Have Fun !
I have been playing with AMP3 and FLC8S (Red-Grey-Green) and the improvement is very significant. Clearer Treble, keeping the amount of bass, clearer mid-bass. Same amount of mids. Only 40 hours of burn-in and less than that for the balanced cables. But I was suppossed to test for 30min and I ended up listening for over 2 hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back