DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 14, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #6,226 of 22,021
i'm looking at this DAP (or AK300 or others) to replace my mojo/ipod touch 6 brick.
any heard the mojo against this DAP and care to comment please?
i'm using alot of tidal streaming and offline music..but also have flac and 24/192 material, too.
I prefer the DX200. A bit more dynamics and separation on the sound of instruments. I enjoy the Mojo as well but now with the AMP2, there is even more of a difference in most all areas.

May 14, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #6,227 of 22,021
thanks as always...but your link to headfi reviews came up with this:
404 Not Found

Yeah, that's because of the new major Head-Fi update that changed about anything (I gotta update the link to the new site once I've moved my lazy ass over to my laptop). It should be visible somewhere on my profile under "showcase" (unless it is among the ~70 reviews that seem to have magically disappeared since the update...).

My personal preference clearly tends towards the iBasso due to the more stable output impedance, lesser hiss with sensitive in-ears and less smooth character. Still I'm enjoying my Chord Mojo though. If you ask me which I think is better objectively, I'd say both are in the same league but different in terms of presentation and that it's up to one's personal preference which one to prefer.
Then there's the AMP2 module that sounds a bit smoother than AMP1, however not as smooth/"laid-back" as the Mojo (to my ears).

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #6,228 of 22,021
Yeah, that's because of the new major Head-Fi update that changed about anything (I gotta update the link to the new site once I've moved my lazy ass over to my laptop). It should be visible somewhere on my profile under "showcase" (unless it is among the ~70 reviews that seem to have magically disappeared since the update...).

My personal preference clearly tends towards the iBasso due to the more stable output impedance, lesser hiss with sensitive in-ears and less smooth character. Still I'm enjoying my Chord Mojo though. If you ask me which I think is better objectively, I'd say both are in the same level but different in terms of presentation and that it's up to ones personal preference which one to prefer.
Then there's the AMP2 module that sounds a bit smoother than AMP1, however not as smooth/"laid-back" as the Mojo (to my ears).
What I find is that smoothness covers up some of the bite to the sound so it doesn't have quite the live edge to the sound. I agree that both are enjoyable but with the AMP2 I am surprised at how realistic the DX200 can sound.

May 14, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #6,229 of 22,021

My personal preference clearly tends towards the iBasso due to the more stable output impedance, lesser hiss with sensitive in-ears and less smooth character. Still I'm enjoying my Chord Mojo though. If you ask me which I think is better objectively, I'd say both are in the same league but different in terms of presentation and that it's up to one's personal preference which one to prefer.

Chris, "showcase" is NOT the number of reviews you posted on Head-fi but rather a number of products you added to head-fi review database. I know, it's a bit confusing and i already mentioned that to @joe who is aware and working to resolve this problem, so instead of showcase stat we can have the actual review stats. All the reviews you have written on head-fi are still there, and now the reviews are listed in a multi-post thread under each individual product in showcase database. Since I maintain a separate thread where I keep the index of all my head-fi reviews, I was able to double check and verify that all are still there. Hopefully once "showcase" is switched to "reviews", you will be able to see the total number and to get to the list of your head-fi reviews :wink:

OK, back to a regularly scheduled DX200 discussion :) I'm also really digging AMP2 module, I think it's staying permanently for now! The extra added body and a more musical tonality while still keeping the resolution and retrieval of details is definitely my cup of tea!

May 15, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #6,231 of 22,021
Hi

Hopefully a quick question. I have an iBasso DX200 and IT03 combination. What should the first upgrade be, the AMP2 or the CB13 IEM cable?

Also, what could I expect from each upgrade?

Regards

Darren

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #6,233 of 22,021
If I use the balanced out from Amp 1, does it make sense to get the amp2 assuming I can use the same iem on both output type. Wonder if anyone did a detail comparison Amp1 balanced vs Amp2 SE.

May 15, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #6,234 of 22,021
The touch screen on my DX200 has gone totally haywire. It is no longer usable. I need information on how to get a replacement.
same here. purchased through amazon from prostudio sound & music. attempted to request a return due to defect, and thought I could return the entire package for a refund and just purchase a new one, since it's not been even 90 days yet. but they cancelled that, told me to ship the device only, plus $15 for s/h. so apparently they want me to pay all shipping costs, and I'm guessing they'll send me a refurbished device that was also returned for defect. not real happy with that. the device is defective. it had the defect when I purchased it. why am I responsible for all shipping costs, will be without the product I paid for, for an unknown period of time, and will apparently get a used, previuosly defective device in return? like I said, not happy w/ that lack of customer service, in response to a product I was sold that has a known defect.

be glad to retract this post if I could just return the defective product for a new one.

May 15, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #6,235 of 22,021
If I use the balanced out from Amp 1, does it make sense to get the amp2 assuming I can use the same iem on both output type. Wonder if anyone did a detail comparison Amp1 balanced vs Amp2 SE.

Give me a day or two, I will put a short write up together.

May 15, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #6,236 of 22,021
Anyone have any thoughts on the A&K KANN vs dx200 with either amp module? Impressions of the KANN seem to read its a great sounding DAP.

When I loaned the dx200 a few months ago I really enjoyed it, wonder how much of a difference the new amp module offers to the sound between the 2 modules

May 15, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #6,237 of 22,021
What should the first upgrade be, the AMP2 or the CB13 IEM cable?
CB13 will not fit AMP2 without an additional adapter! Really hard decision!

May 15, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #6,238 of 22,021
CB13 will not fit AMP2 without an additional adapter! Really hard decision!

Like he said, either AMP2 or CB13 (with AMP1) :wink:

May 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #6,239 of 22,021
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back