DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #6,076 of 22,021
Hope that next Amp module is balance version and improved than Amp1 :)

As it was mentioned above, the next AMP2 module is not BAL, but SE and it is an improvement over AMP1. If properly designed, you can make SE to sound as wide as BAL, and I believe iBasso mentioned about using high current architecture which can give you as much or more power in comparison to BAL. Of course, all in theory. Will find out soon once I get a chance to test it.

The only drawback of SE, I have way too many balanced terminated cables, so will have to use adapter with all :)

For me personally, I would like to see AMP3 to be geared toward IEMs (with both SE/BAL HO) and less power to improve battery life performance on the go!

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #6,080 of 22,021
For me personally, I would like to see AMP3 to be geared toward IEMs (with both SE/BAL HO) and less power to improve battery life performance on the go!

That's what i'm waiting for too. I was trying CA Andromeda lately and balanced output of AMP1 has a lot of hiss. Do You happen to have Andromedas in Your inventory to check'em with AMP2 when it arrives?

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #6,081 of 22,021
That's what i'm waiting for too. I was trying CA Andromeda lately and balanced output of AMP1 has a lot of hiss. Do You happen to have Andromedas in Your inventory to check'em with AMP2 when it arrives?

Will check, of course. Though, keep in mind with Andro it's a combination of lower impedance and higher sensitivity that contributes to hissing.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #6,083 of 22,021
sorry if this has previously been asked... but with this latest firmware, the android mango works well enough for me to use now. so what is the reason for the quite substantial difference in sound between native mango and android mango? android mango sounds freakin' awesome with my w80 iem now. by comparison, native mango sounds more "tame", less dynamic, a little "2d" sounding, where android mango sounds more "3d". I'm using no eq. wondering why such a big difference in sound.

Did a comparison session yesterday
Using FLC8S trough balanced output. Listening to Iiro Rantala "anyone with a heart"

I hear a huge difference in sound between Android and Mango
With Mango I experienced more micro detail, stage and dynamics using Mango
With Android individual instruments sounded louder, but less dynamic.

I prefer Mango for this music by a long shot. But I can imagine with rock or pop, others might prefer the Android sound for giving more slam.
Only my ears though, people might experience different :wink:

Curious what will happen to the sound with the next Mango update?

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #6,084 of 22,021
Picked up the B&W P7 wireless this weekend and totally love them, I personally think they are incredible! P7W with mojo is immense to my ears!

Do any of you have experience of p7w with dx200??

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #6,085 of 22,021
Picked up the B&W P7 wireless this weekend and totally love them, I personally think they are incredible! P7W with mojo is immense to my ears!

Do any of you have experience of p7w with dx200??

I personally don't use P7W wired with dx200, why bother when you can use it wireless and I'm always worried to scratch leather pads when removing to attach the wire. As far as wireless connection it should be no different than any other source. But considering more neutral revealing sig of dx200, wired i think p7w will loose a bit of bass impact, especially since you can only drive it from single ended 3.5mm. But i think it will be an interesting test with a new amp2 module. I will keep it in mind.

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #6,086 of 22,021
I play 24/96khz and 192khz music in mango and android, during playback the music briefly fades out and in every 10 seconds. Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix for this? What can i uninstall from stock ROM?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #6,087 of 22,021
Some prefer the android sound and others prefer mango sound. There's no right way or wrong way..it's whatever sound you end up preferring.
I understand there's no right or wrong way...Mango or Android. My question is... WHY is the sound of native Mango and Android Mango so different? If all is designed correctly for bit perfect playback... why wouldn't they sound virtually the same? They don't.

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #6,088 of 22,021
I understand there's no right or wrong way...Mango or Android. My question is... WHY is the sound of native Mango and Android Mango so different? If all is designed correctly for bit perfect playback... why wouldn't they sound virtually the same? They don't.

THAT sounds like a great question for one of the sound engineers on here to answer...or Paul...lol.

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #6,090 of 22,021
i don't know why the people think the more quantity on bass is '' better bass ''

Each to their own...beauty is in the eye...or ear...of the beholder...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back