DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 14, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #5,251 of 22,021
Hi, I only come to comment that fantastic service support from paul and ibasso of course.

In just 10 days I got my amp replacement, it is a good time considering that I send from Chile. (The time is the first contact for support until the reception of the new amp in my home)

Best regards

Wow! that is great response for customer service! Thank you Paul and Ibasso! 

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #5,252 of 22,021
  The popping sound only appears when the next song has different sampling rate than the previous song. At least on my unit. My guess is that the player has to clear the queue/buffer and resets it before in loads the next file which creates pop sound. 

But I'll let Paul, iBasso give the details about it. Maybe optimizing the system (CPU, memory usage) may help. Probably @Lurker0 is already looking into it. A native Rockbox port is another option. 

As we don't know the actual implementation of the driver, we are guessing why it behaves and hope we can guessing it right :D

BTW since rockbox is not support DSD format files, it may not consider it. As DX200 have a excellent DAC for it and i don't want to waste it.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #5,253 of 22,021
Mar 14, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #5,254 of 22,021

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #5,255 of 22,021
For burn in results, here's mine:

I just noticed my DX200 has changed it's quality it's clarity and separation is more defined, bass is tighter and spreadout not in a boomy but in more balanced sound. Reverb is clear, backing vocals separation is amazing. Plus, there are layering elements unfolding more noticeable.

Then I checked the burn in time in total, I reached 269~ hours. Wow.

Burn in really paved the way.

Not a placebo my friends.

I am using burned in  DX200 (269 hours)- Fiio SPC Cable(96hours) and SE846(207 hours).
Also tried with my old CKS1000, M50 and M50x.

I am totally satisfied with the sound quality.

Picture it like  a picture that's became more vivid and alive...and vibrant overtime.

Looking forward to new firmware and fixes. Cheers.

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #5,256 of 22,021
I've updated FactoryRepack image to flash only system partition. This won't cause any bugs like swapped forward/rewind button but you'll need to flash stock 2.0.78 OTA ROM first too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/amion8ua041p5bv/DX200-2.0.78-WindowsX-FactoryRepack.zip

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 15, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #5,257 of 22,021
For burn in results, here's mine:

I just noticed my DX200 has changed it's quality it's clarity and separation is more defined, bass is tighter and spreadout not in a boomy but in more balanced sound. Reverb is clear, backing vocals separation is amazing. Plus, there are layering elements unfolding more noticeable.

I am using burned in  DX200 (269 hours)- Fiio SPC Cable(96hours) and SE846(207 hours).
Also tried with my old CKS1000, M50 and M50x.

I am totally satisfied with the sound quality.

Picture it like  a picture that's became more vivid and alive...and vibrant overtime.

Looking forward to new firmware and fixes. Cheers.

How can you check this burning time ?

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #5,259 of 22,021
  Hey DSRK,

Well, to be honest...for years I loved the Cowon sound signature also...it's very very appealing. However...years ago when I found iBasso I was floored by the sound of the DX100. For years I thought there was no way iBasso could top it. But they have. The iBasso sounds better on every level, honestly. Pull the trigger.

Thanks Bro, can I install Apps on dx200 without any issues?

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #5,260 of 22,021

Hi to all!
The first player I got in January and it was burned-in to about 700 hours. I can say that the sound has changed so drastically, it literally is like heaven and earth compared to the sound out of the box. But unfortunately, the player was from a bad batch (for many reasons at once) and one day it is turned off and is no longer power on and even deteсеed by the computer for reflashing.

The second player on the replacement I received 2 days ago and I can confirm that out of the box it sounds so dirty and hard that you did not want to listen it, knowing how this baby can do to play. I could not understand why such a striking difference with the burn-in of this player, as with other electronics it is, but not significantly, and realized that in the DX200 has many as 16 ESS cores and a lot of other duplicated components, which are burned so much affect the sound.

So burn-in is not a placebo my friend.

Have a good time and let you are pleased with your purchase :)

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #5,261 of 22,021

Hi to all!
The first player I got in January and it was burned-in to about 700 hours. I can say that the sound has changed so drastically, it literally is like heaven and earth compared to the sound out of the box. But unfortunately, the player was from a bad batch (for many reasons at once) and one day it is turned off and is no longer power on and even deteсеed by the computer for reflashing.

The second player on the replacement I received 2 days ago and I can confirm that out of the box it sounds so dirty and hard that you did not want to listen it, knowing how this baby can do to play. I could not understand why such a striking difference with the burn-in of this player, as with other electronics it is, but not significantly, and realized that in the DX200 has many as 16 ESS cores and a lot of other duplicated components, which are burned so much affect the sound.

So burn-in is not a placebo my friend.

Have a good time and let you are pleased with your purchase :)

I just received a new amp module from iBasso because I was having problems with the headphone port, I presume I will need to burn this in again?

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #5,262 of 22,021
I mostly use my DX200 controlled remotely with my phone or computer. It works perfectly with Spotify. The screen isn't buggy at all for me and I've yet to run into a single issue with it at all under any use case. I think overall the bugs aren't nearly as blown out as they appear here. 
Are you using Spotify Connect or another app to remote control?

I'm using TeamViewer at the moment. A bit of laggy responsive but acceptable to me. But would be great if i could find snappier remote app. Don't mind if it's paid app also.

Cheers,

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #5,264 of 22,021

Thanks Bro, can I install Apps on dx200 without any issues?

There's no Google Play Store in the current firmware (although I'm sure that will be addressed in the near future). However, you can go to whatever app you're looking for and download the .apk to the unit and try that. Most apps install just fine on the unit.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #5,265 of 22,021
So I guess the whole unresponsive touch screen issues spawn from low quality screen protector? Not software right? If that's the case then I feel much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back