DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 7, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #4,981 of 22,021
  Currently using FW1.3.60, but I'm downloading FW2.0.7beta. Am I right in thinking that the screen responsiveness issue was fixed in this release? 

Also this download seems to be painfully slow considering I'm using fibre. currently getting 60kb/s 
frown.gif

I have high speed internet but it varies on the download  their site from what I have experienced over the past. The screen goes back to what it was like in 1.3.6 vs the FW just prior to the beta, which had a decreased response. I haven't had any issues with the beta and it installed without issue using a card. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #4,984 of 22,021
When folks are burning in the DX200 and not listening, are you using your earphones or the burn in dongle? I've got probably say 240 hrs burn in of which most of that is with the burn in dongle. I'm hearing somewhat grittiness in the trebles compared to the WM1Z with the 1Plus2.2. So I'm wondering if I've wasted the past 1.5 weeks burning in using the dongle and have to restart with an earphone?

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4,985 of 22,021
No i have enough room on the internal memory at the moment. I just tried to update by installing the .ota file into downloads folder but when i press manual update it just has screen with sd card written on it. Cant seem to direct it to look in download folder.

the zip file has to be in the root folder (no matter sd card or default), so you would have to move it there and then the manual update will recognize it. Also, and maybe I'm the only who got confused: for the manual update the "SD card" is the internal memory and the external SD card is "default"

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #4,987 of 22,021
I posted my review 6 days ago it says.
Feels like a few weeks already.

I cover connecting to a computer, usatong the firmware and a few other things later in the review.

Could be helpful for some.

I need to update it again after a few more firmware updates.

Also it has a link to the manual download.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-audio-dx200-reference-dap/reviews/18124

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #4,988 of 22,021
  When folks are burning in the DX200 and not listening, are you using your earphones or the burn in dongle? I've got probably say 240 hrs burn in of which most of that is with the burn in dongle. I'm hearing somewhat grittiness in the trebles compared to the WM1Z with the 1Plus2.2. So I'm wondering if I've wasted the past 1.5 weeks burning in using the dongle and have to restart with an earphone?

Quick Verification. Is the bass tighten compared to out of the box. Do you feel the echo of bass that leaks thru vocal frequency has disappeared from the first minute of usage?

If yes, I think the burn in cable and period is fine. Otherwise, Burn-in cable could be broken wiring.

Else, is it because the bug on android that sometimes the song stop playing by itself out of blue and make you think it is already fully-burn-in.

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #4,989 of 22,021
  Is it possible to run PowerAmp player on the DX200?

Anyone care to comment on how they think the DX200 sound quality would compare to my current set up... a Galaxy Note2 digital out into Ray Samuels Audio Predator DAC/amp?

It can be installed. However, despite the fact that poweramp has nice UI and functionality to adjust sound. I recommend you stay with Stock ibasso music app to get most pure sound as ibasso design it to be. Also, third party app doesn't support Native sampling rate. They are all fixed at 44.1kHz output.

Second question, I don't about that DAC quality. But I have used Letv Max for a long time and can find this DAP as a huge improvement from my smartphone.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #4,990 of 22,021
Hello Paul. I just purchested DX200 Yesterday!
It sound great so far, as everybody mentioned.  I just have some concern about music sorting by meta tag.
Is there any setting to sort music by it's meta tag? If not , Can you put it on?
It is really important to sort music files for some of the classic albums and I prefer not to edit file names nor create playlist one by one.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #4,991 of 22,021
Do anyone have frequently auto reboot problem?? I have this problem in my old and newly replaced DX200, either old and latest beta firmware.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #4,992 of 22,021

I don't think you have wasted time but I like to use headphones also. Because of the varying impedance of monitors I think it burns a system in differently. I have no edge or grittiness compared to the 1Z or Hugo, just nice and clean. I would try a headphone for a while also. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #4,993 of 22,021
Do anyone have frequently auto reboot problem?? I have this problem in my old and newly replaced DX200, either old and latest beta firmware.

I don't have any. Did you try a factory reset and have you checked the card or are you using the internal memory? If it keeps up I would try the batch tool on the first page. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #4,995 of 22,021
I don't have any. Did you try a factory reset and have you checked the card or are you using the internal memory? If it keeps up I would try the batch tool on the first page. 

it happens only in Android mode so far... I just had my replacement and installed the latest beta once I got the unit, I don't think a factory reset is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back