DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 7, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #4,967 of 22,021
Paul,

Any chance of us getting a fully rotating OS? All docking stations that I can find have the USB port at the bottom, meaning the DAP would be upside down. Unless of course you guys are going to produce your own station.

Very happy with the new firmware so far. Haven't tried the stripped down version yet, as I'm currently restoring my tidal downloads.

Thank you WindowsX for adding Google apps! Works a treat.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #4,968 of 22,021
  If it is freezing you can use the Batch Tool on the first page with the .img file there. Then do an update using the .zip file that is extracted from the downloaded zip file. I am not sure why it is freezing. We did not experience that while testing many units but anything is possible. I am sorry for the extra time needed.

I used the batched tool and then tried to reinstall the beta, still froze. A lot of time wasted, will wait for a stable firmware.

Oh, and I lost all the music on the internal memory. Nice!

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #4,969 of 22,021
Some questions:

1 - This firmware 2.0.78 beta is from Ibasso or is the room that some user are doing?

2 - there are any news about other case than the original that came with the player?

3 - there are anyone who has these new cards with 256 GB (Samsung EVO+, Samsung EVO Select or Sandisk)?

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #4,970 of 22,021
Some questions:

1 - This firmware 2.0.78 beta is from Ibasso or is the room that some user are doing?

2 - there are any news about other case than the original that came with the player?

3 - there are anyone who has these new cards with 256 GB (Samsung EVO+, Samsung EVO Select or Sandisk)?

1. From iBasso.

2. None at the moment I can think of.

3. Should work. I have one.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #4,972 of 22,021
I am using the evo+. Transfer speeds do vary among factors: card i/o speed, cable quality and usb type transmission.

Though dx200 is usb-C and supplied cable is Connecting type A,speed will depend on A.

But if both pure type C connection, speed will be type C speed.... but of course your card writing speed should be fast. It then now goes to card speed capability.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #4,974 of 22,021
Hi all
I got my player a few days ago and have left it to burn in for a few days. Had a play round with the UI and all seems to work ok. I have been reading all the posts about updating the firmware with interest, all this unzipping and putting it on the sd card ( which i dont have) i notice it has a button in the update area for updating over the air. This just says failed when i try even when connected to the wifi. Is this not an option?

I must say the player looks and feels quality. Even a bit more than the box.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #4,975 of 22,021
Hi all
I got my player a few days ago and have left it to burn in for a few days. Had a play round with the UI and all seems to work ok. I have been reading all the posts about updating the firmware with interest, all this unzipping and putting it on the sd card ( which i dont have) i notice it has a button in the update area for updating over the air. This just says failed when i try even when connected to the wifi. Is this not an option?

I must say the player looks and feels quality. Even a bit more than the box.

The OTA isn't working yet. I love OTA but updating by card isn't hard. I guess you can load to the internal memory and update. Someone mentioned this but I haven't tried it. You don't have a card? 

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #4,977 of 22,021
  Download Spotify APK from Spotify itself.

https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/download/other/

Choose Android.

APK will be saved to your DX200.

Open then install.

Do note that if you are premiu you can choose where to save your songs, internal or SD Card.

Or get Play Store added ROM from here. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833971/ibasso-dx200-firmware-modification-project

Just a question ...is there the possibility to use tidal in offline mode ?

It's possible.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #4,978 of 22,021
I can't even get this thing to sync with my computer.

Are you using the drop down screen that you pull down from the top to change the setting on the DX200? In Mango you can go to USB Settings.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #4,979 of 22,021
Currently using FW1.3.60, but I'm downloading FW2.0.7beta. Am I right in thinking that the screen responsiveness issue was fixed in this release? 

Also this download seems to be painfully slow considering I'm using fibre. currently getting 60kb/s 
frown.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #4,980 of 22,021
The OTA isn't working yet. I love OTA but updating by card isn't hard. I guess you can load to the internal memory and update. Someone mentioned this but I haven't tried it. You don't have a card? 

No i have enough room on the internal memory at the moment. I just tried to update by installing the .ota file into downloads folder but when i press manual update it just has screen with sd card written on it. Cant seem to direct it to look in download folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back