DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 3, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #4,846 of 22,021
Guys I'm having a small problem here. It seems like when i switch songs from the directory under the mango mode, the volume goes back to zero. Well i know it's not a big issue but because it takes a lot of turns from 0 to 70 which is my normal loudness... it could be quite troublesome especially when the leather casing is quite hindering the way to turn the knob. Just wanted to shout out to see who has this problem and found a solution to that. Oh... this only happened after I've updated to latest firmware last night.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #4,847 of 22,021
I think I figured out the problem. Android File Transfer didn't seem happy unless the SD card is ExFat + master boot record formatted.

I spoke too soon. This helped, but eventually the file transfer still fails. I can transfer via USB to internal memory, but not microSD. Since the built-in Explorer app doesn't seem to allow you to transfer files from card to internal storage (I can't make mine copy or move files anywhere), right now I'm still stuck having to physically remove and copy to the SD card each time I want to modify my library.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #4,848 of 22,021
Hi, had already transferred files smoothly with the android system, what can not is in the mango OS, try on windows and mac * AFT app *, appears me only on screen card reader.
The user HIFICHRIS try that but still not be able to transfer files using mango, have no problems to the select the dac option.

My apologies for my poor English

Best regards

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #4,849 of 22,021
Comparing DX200, AK300 and WM1A would be interesting. They are about the same price range.

Any advice for best of these three players?

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #4,850 of 22,021
  Comparing DX200, AK300 and WM1A would be interesting. They are about the same price range.

Any advice for best of these three players?

I haven't heard the AK300 but had the WM1A with well over 500 hours on it and in comparison preferred the DX200. To me, the DX200 is more open sounding and can handle headphones better on louder passages. I sold the WM1A. I have the WM1Z and while some feel the 1Z and 1A are much the same I do not. I prefer the 1Z to the 1A in that the 1Z is more refined sounding, better layering and just an overall better sounding. The 1Z and the DX200 are more in line with each other. The 1Z is more euphonic sounding in comparison to the DX200 so they are a nice contrast to each other. I enjoy both and feel they are on equal playing ground regarding sound but sound a little different, as mentioned. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #4,851 of 22,021

I haven't heard the AK300 but had the WM1A with well over 500 hours on it and in comparison preferred the DX200. To me, the DX200 is more open sounding and can handle headphones better on louder passages. I sold the WM1A. I have the WM1Z and while some feel the 1Z and 1A are much the same I do not. I prefer the 1Z to the 1A in that the 1Z is more refined sounding, better layering and just an overall better sounding. The 1Z and the DX200 are more in line with each other. The 1Z is more euphonic sounding in comparison to the DX200 so they are a nice contrast to each other. I enjoy both and feel they are on equal playing ground regarding sound but sound a little different, as mentioned. 

Thanks a lot. 1Z is nice no question but out of my budget. 

Is the dx200 better for vocals male / female than wm1a? Did you like it better?

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #4,852 of 22,021
  Thanks a lot. 1Z is nice no question but out of my budget. 

Is the dx200 better for vocals male / female than wm1a? Did you like it better?

I preferred the timbre of the DX200 to the 1A. The voice of the 1A is good and I know that some will prefer male voice on this device and female on that device but if done right male or female voice should be correct and I preferred them just a little on the DX200. They sounded smoother to me. This is also an area that the 1Z is better than the 1A and I prefer the timbre of the 1Z to the 1A. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #4,854 of 22,021
So I received my unit today, so just finally got round to spending some time with it. The first thing that got me was the packaging, but the unit itself oozes quality and feels like a premium device too.

The first thing I did was apply the tempered glass screen protector and update to the latest firmware. I've been having problems with using gestures and navigating the device as it seems really unresponsive. Even unlocking can take numerous attempts. I've tried applying more pressure and doing the gesture upwards slowly, but most of the time I cannot get it to respond. Selecting icons on homescreen or within the music player are no different. Trying to do something continually takes multiple attempts.

I just wanted to know if these are the issues that others have been experiencing or is it something to do with the screen protector? I'd like to take it off and try without, but want to make sure that is the problem and not the device itself. 

Sound wise I wasn't blown away on first listen, however I did notice subtle details in songs that I've never noticed before. No doubt after sufficient burn in I'll the improvement will be much more noticeable. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #4,855 of 22,021
  So I received my unit today, so just finally got round to spending some time with it. The first thing that got me was the packaging, but the unit itself oozes quality and feels like a premium device too.

The first thing I did was apply the tempered glass screen protector and update to the latest firmware. I've been having problems with using gestures and navigating the device as it seems really unresponsive. Even unlocking can take numerous attempts. I've tried applying more pressure and doing the gesture upwards slowly, but most of the time I cannot get it to respond. Selecting icons on homescreen or within the music player are no different. Trying to do something continually takes multiple attempts.

I just wanted to know if these are the issues that others have been experiencing or is it something to do with the screen protector? I'd like to take it off and try without, but want to make sure that is the problem and not the device itself. 

Sound wise I wasn't blown away on first listen, however I did notice subtle details in songs that I've never noticed before. No doubt after sufficient burn in I'll the improvement will be much more noticeable. 

I would try the previous FW. It has better screen touch sensitivity and it could be a combination of the extra glass and the new FW but I would try the previous FW first. Out of the box for me the DX200 was a little closed in and flat sounding and the Sony WM1Z was a little but less so. They both need time, and in my experience most all electronics that you listen to need time. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #4,856 of 22,021
I would try the previous FW. It has better screen touch sensitivity and it could be a combination of the extra glass and the new FW but I would try the previous FW first. Out of the box for me the DX200 was a little closed in and flat sounding and the Sony WM1Z was a little but less so. They both need time, and in my experience most all electronics that you listen to need time. 

Ok. I'll revert the firmware then and see what happens.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #4,857 of 22,021

Thanks for the tip. That's sooo much better now and navigation is a lot more fluid. Agree with you on the initial sound characteristics. Going to leave it on with burn in cable overnight. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #4,859 of 22,021
  Received my replacement unit today from my vendor and unfortunately this one also exhibits the phantom screen behaviors.  Definitely a bummer.  I understand that Paul from IBasso has been helping folks out with this issue?

Please send me an email at paul@ibasso.com and we will get worked out right away.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 3, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #4,860 of 22,021
RE: Phantom screen behavior - an interesting observation.

I had my DX200 review unit for over a month.  Never had an issue with a screen or what some refer to as "phantom" behavior.  Tonight, I was fixing our printer at home and got ink all over my fingers.  I didn't wash it off, just wiped it off, figuring I can wash it later.  Then, forgot and used DX200, resulting in smudges all over the screen.  I thought it was not a big deal, until I noticed in a folder view all of a sudden the list started to scroll by itself, stopping at the end where the song was selected.  I use one of those screen clothe pieces and wiped the display, but it didn't help.  So, I got a little spray bottle with eyeglasses cleaning solution, wiped the display clean, and the problem is gone!

I'm not saying others don't have a real problem, since I can only speak about my own experience.  But after over a month of clean-hand use and no issues, I got this "phantom" screen problem as soon as a smudged the screen with dirty hands.  And the problem went away once I cleaned the screen with eyeglasses cleaning solution.  So, here you go.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back