DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,641 of 22,021

It will depend upon the shipping regulations. It is easy for us to make a short video to do this but some countries have made it very difficult to ship batteries if not impossible. For a while there was not problem then no battery not in the device and now a few countries don't allow device with a battery. It will vary and I truly believe that the battery life will be very exceptional. We will always do all we can to help out our customers and even people who are not customers. I have people email me that do not buy our product but ask for some help and I am still happy to help them.

He even replies to annoying emails from Americans...lol

Steve from NYC

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,642 of 22,021
  There is a small click with some formats when changing sampling rate etc. It is all being worked on.

This is something that will be addressed in a FW.

Working on it.
smile.gif

Thank you Paul. Being able to improve iBasso firmware is one of greatest charm in your products. Not just me but also a few Russian developers love to do that too. I'm glad to hear you didn't let this opportunity go to waste. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #2,643 of 22,021

There is a small click with some formats when changing sampling rate etc. It is all being worked on.

This is something that will be addressed in a FW.

Working on it.
smile.gif

Thank you Paul. Being able to improve iBasso firmware is one of greatest charm in your products. Not just me but also a few Russian developers love to do that too. I'm glad to hear you didn't let this opportunity go to waste. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Wouldn't it make sense first for iBasso to iron out the initial wave of bugs, and then to start working on improvements to fine-tune the current fw?
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #2,644 of 22,021

Wouldn't it make sense first for iBasso to iron out the initial wave of bugs, and then to start working on improvements to fine-tune the current fw?
wink.gif

It's like asking manufacturer to improve cable before selling. There's also after-market firmware that could be modified with different visions.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #2,645 of 22,021
God...read the thread
frown.gif

​So, are the likes of Fiio and Astell & Kern being disingenuous claiming outputs going way beyond 20Hz-20kHz and iBasso putting their money into stuff that matters more and getting everything they can into the audible range? Genuine question, as this quality of DAP / DAC is all new to me and an investment of £400 to £800 is a big deal for me.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #2,646 of 22,021

wink.gif

It's like asking manufacturer to improve cable before selling. There's also after-market firmware that could be modified with different visions.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I guess I misunderstood what you and @Lurker0 are doing.  I thought you take iBasso fw, and optimize it with your additional tweaks.  But if iBasso is working on this fw now, fixing the bugs, going through frequent expected updates, wouldn't it make sense to wait until the firmware is mature enough and then let you guys optimize it?  Cable and Headphones are two separate things, while I was under impression you guys want to modify the fw which iBasso still working on.  Either way, your work effort is appreciated!!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,647 of 22,021
It will depend upon the shipping regulations. It is easy for us to make a short video to do this but some countries have made it very difficult to ship batteries if not impossible. For a while there was not problem then no battery not in the device and now a few countries don't allow device with a battery. It will vary and I truly believe that the battery life will be very exceptional. We will always do all we can to help out our customers and even people who are not customers. I have people email me that do not buy our product but ask for some help and I am still happy to help them.

What type of battery is DX200 using? Is it similar to the one advertised with the PB3 - 2500mAh chloride ion battery

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #2,648 of 22,021

I guess I misunderstood what you and @Lurker0 are doing.  I thought you take iBasso fw, and optimize it with your additional tweaks.  But if iBasso is working on this fw now, fixing the bugs, going through frequent expected updates, wouldn't it make sense to wait until the firmware is mature enough and then let you guys optimize it?  Cable and Headphones are two separate things, while I was under impression you guys want to modify the fw which iBasso still working on.  Either way, your work effort is appreciated!!!
beerchug.gif

I recommend you to spend sometimes in XDA forum. You should get to know the meaning about ROM cooking better that way. Of course cooking ROM is entirely optional but some people love this thing.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #2,649 of 22,021

beerchug.gif

I recommend you to spend sometimes in XDA forum. You should get to know the meaning about ROM cooking better that way. Of course cooking ROM is entirely optional but some people love this thing.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Never been into ROMs, but I have spent plenty of time on XDA posting a few hundred reviews of different accessories and various headphones before I permanently migrated to head-fi
wink.gif
  Based on my understanding, ROM is built on a current manufacturer fw, you extract it, modify it, pack it, and let users install it.  But as soon as manufacturer updates their fw again, you have to go through the same steps, applying your changes to a new fw release, right?  If manufacturer releases a few updates a year, it's not a problem.  But in the first month or two of the new product introduction when manufacturer could be updating their fw on a weekly basis, I thought it makes sense to wait until most of the updates are done before adding your own cooking ingredients to the ROM
biggrin.gif
  But anyway, sounds like the problem solved since Paul responded back to you.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #2,651 of 22,021
Jan 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #2,654 of 22,021

Never been into ROMs, but I have spent plenty of time on XDA posting a few hundred reviews of different accessories and various headphones before I permanently migrated to head-fi
wink.gif
  Based on my understanding, ROM is built on a current manufacturer fw, you extract it, modify it, pack it, and let users install it.  But as soon as manufacturer updates their fw again, you have to go through the same steps, applying your changes to a new fw release, right?  If manufacturer releases a few updates a year, it's not a problem.  But in the first month or two of the new product introduction when manufacturer could be updating their fw on a weekly basis, I thought it makes sense to wait until most of the updates are done before adding your own cooking ingredients to the ROM
biggrin.gif
  But anyway, sounds like the problem solved since Paul responded back to you.

There are numerous of roms that are rebased just 1 day after new release from the manufacturer thanks to the rom kitchen.

Lurkers optimization is mainly debloating the rom and disabling useless service, also improving kernel optimization. They can be integrated almost immediately after obtaining new package from iBasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back