DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 9, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #2,251 of 22,021

Yes it uses both dacs when in single ended. We don't want to waste a dac.
smile.gif

nice shot on some japanese company DAP , might consider jumping ship even with that single microsd slot and small internal memory. i really loved the sound of dx90

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #2,252 of 22,021
  A few reviews from Chinese users at http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4928228069
Please read them as a grain of salt but it gives you a few initial response from users.

Hmmmm, so far these Chinese head-fier is more picky than us? How can it possibly be? Guys, don't let them take this away from us. 

Anyway, seemed like they don't like the SQ of the DX200. Some of them is waiting for new modules upgrades like FiiO X7 when first came out. They think the current amp from the DX200 is same like the amp1 of the X7. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #2,253 of 22,021
  Hmmmm, so far these Chinese head-fier is more picky than us? How can it possibly be? Guys, don't let them take this away from us. 

Anyway, seemed like they don't like the SQ of the DX200. Some of them is waiting for new modules upgrades like FiiO X7 when first came out. They think the current amp from the DX200 is same like the amp1 of the X7. 

Did you read it or did your wife read it for you? 
wink.gif
 Those guys gave impressions after just a few hours of burn in.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #2,254 of 22,021
wink.gif

Actually the sound really open up after >20 hours burn in.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #2,255 of 22,021
I'm not too concerned at this stage, Mimouille's thoughts have formed a window for me to look through as he has heard many of the top ranked players. Hang in there a bit longer, I've a good feeling impressions from our end are just around the corner. :wink:

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #2,256 of 22,021

We are not going to release a product that doesn't sound good. Also here in China there are sites that you have to take with a grain of salt when reading for a few different reasons.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #2,257 of 22,021

Yeah I would rather not trust online Chinese comments...they can be fake / paid for / bad taste. There are a million possibilities. The WM1Z had a lot of bad press by some Chinese commenters, and it sounds wonderful to me.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #2,259 of 22,021
  nice shot on some japanese company DAP , might consider jumping ship even with that single microsd slot and small internal memory. i really loved the sound of dx90

um..huh?

It's Chinese dude...

If you loved the sound of the....DX90...this is such a huge upgrade in sound it's not even funny. I'm saying that because if it even sounds a "little" like the DX100, you'd be awestruck. iBasso has been a major player in the high end DAP business for quite some time. Hell the DX100 was considered the bar by which all other DAP's were judged for a long time.

Just saying...

Steve from NYC

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #2,260 of 22,021

Well when you read Chinese forums, you have to know that they tend to criticize (point out issues) instead of giving constructive comments. So I usually just trust at most 50% of them, since there must be at least 50% good things hidden behind the comments that they won't talk about....

um..huh?

It's Chinese dude...

If you loved the sound of the....DX90...this is such a huge upgrade in sound it's not even funny. I'm saying that because if it even sounds a "little" like the DX100, you'd be awestruck. iBasso has been a major player in the high end DAP business for quite some time. Hell the DX100 was considered the bar by which all other DAP's were judged for a long time.

Just saying...

Steve from NYC

I will be really hyped if DX200 really sounds a on par with the DX100. I have been finding a DAP with smooth UI like the AKs but sounds like the DX100 for years
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #2,261 of 22,021
Well when you read Chinese forums, you have to know that they tend to criticize (point out issues) instead of giving constructive comments. So I usually just trust at most 50% of them, since there must be at least 50% good things hidden behind the comments that they won't talk about....

I will be really hyped if DX200 really sounds a on par with the DX100. I have been finding a DAP with smooth UI like the AKs but sounds like the DX100 for years :)
Just like their moms did to them.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #2,262 of 22,021
wink.gif

I read it myself. Can you tell? LOL! Funny thing is I could write Chinese but I couldn't read Chinese. I think most people are in the same boat with me tho'.

And don't forget when you go to HK, check out the DX200 for me. Listen to it real good and let me know your impression. I think its gonna sound better than your Sony WM1Z. Hahhaha...

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #2,263 of 22,021
I read it myself. Can you tell? LOL! Funny thing is I could write Chinese but I couldn't read Chinese. I think most people are in the same boat with me tho'.

And don't forget when you go to HK, check out the DX200 for me. Listen to it real good and let me know your impression. I think its gonna sound better than your Sony WM1Z. Hahhaha...

You are pulling my leg. If you can write chinese you can read chinese. Most people will loose their ability to write before read.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #2,264 of 22,021
You are pulling my leg. If you can write chinese you can read chinese. Most people will loose their ability to write before read.

Chinese is easy to write. I could write anytime. Now can the Chinese read what the hell I'm writing is the real question and I've been wondering about this myself as well. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #2,265 of 22,021

Well actually I can write easilier than I read, because when I write I use my moronic 3 year old vocabulary and everybody understands, but when reading I am missing maybe 30-40% of characters, so I usually misunderstand. TLDR I can talk to sellers on taobao but cannot really follow the Chinese forums :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back