DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 4, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,011 of 22,019
Batteries age, but not that drastically.  I mean, who knows, but I would still contact iBasso or the place where you purchased it while you are still under warranty.  Also, maybe a good idea to post this question under DX80 section of the forum to see if anybody else experienced the same.

I've noticed the same issue

Jan 4, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,012 of 22,019
I'll have mine tomorrow.

giphy.gif

well great , if possible put a short video with the initial impressions. much awaited,

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #2,014 of 22,019
Sorry guys, I thought everyone could access, here it is: 

[UPDATED]

Well I played with the DX200 for a couple of minutes and...color me impressed...this guy is going to ruffle some feathers in the high end DAP game. It looks great, works like a charm so far, is very fast and sound awesome (not warm at all in my book, less so than the WM1Z at least).

The packing is incredibly designed. I am not a fan of the leather case color and shape so I won't use it but is good quality nonetheless. The provided USB type C is very good quality, and the burn in cable for balanced is a great idea.

My 200g card is recognized without any issue (you have to turn the player off to put the card) and the whole card is scanned in roughly 8mn. Both single ended and balanced sound great without any burn in. Spacious, powerful, very detailed. I am not completely sure on the mids and will give more feedback after some time.

There are a few minor bugs in tag reading but I guess this will be solved. The navigation on the 200g card is quite fast. First little issue, the tags are not read when navigating through folders.

Will say more later, but bravo iBasso.

Second session of listening, a little bit balanced but mostly single ended to do some comparisons with the LPG and WM1Z with my SE5 Ultimate. The DX200 has a larger and airier soundstage then the LPG, bringing out details in a more obvious way. The LPG is more intimate but with very nice depth as always.

The WM1Z is more or less as large as the DX200 stage-wise but warmer, more full bodied. I would say at this stage the signature is more akin to the AK380 but without the typical AKM liquid sound.

I tried some of the digital filters which bring subtle differences. I will stick to the default at this stage. I am curious to see how the sound will evolve and what possibilities there will be by switching amps.

My impression at this stage is that the DX200 is powerful, with a dynamic, airy and well controlled sound, quite neutral and very slightly on the dry side. Mids are not veiled like was suggested but at this stage slightly more distant than on my other two players. The sounds remain nonetheless very clear and clean.

UI wise, it is very intuitive, but there seem to be few bugs that I will need to confirm, in tagging among other things. The UI is fast, but when you browse by tag, on a full 200g card and full player, you cannot scroll too fast or the software might crash. At this stage no deal breaker, the UI need refining but it is functional.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #2,016 of 22,019
Even it is not fully-burnt in. already have these impression. No doubt it will be much better afterwards I can imagine. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #2,017 of 22,019
Thanks Mim, top report as always,pics great :thumbsup:
The only thing that worries me is the little dry sounding bit,can't afford 1z and don't want to carry it, but i want lush,not dryish:blush:

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #2,018 of 22,019
Thank you for taking the time to share. Am looking forward for it be available in Singapore!

From the reading of the initial impression, iBasso is trying and punching (or jabbing) above it's weight again. That's a positive sign.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #2,020 of 22,019
Mids are not veiled like was suggested but at this stage slightly more distant than on my other two players. The sounds remain nonetheless very clear and clean.

may i suggest that this feeling were provoked by the powerful bass section. Or just it's need time to burn in, and everething will put on it's places. Anyway thank you for your sharing. Seems that dx200 is a very promissing device.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #2,021 of 22,019
  Sorry guys, I thought everyone could access, here it is: 

[UPDATED]

Well I played with the DX200 for a couple of minutes and...color me impressed...this guy is going to ruffle some feathers in the high end DAP game. It looks great, works like a charm so far, is very fast and sound awesome (not warm at all in my book, less so than the WM1Z at least).

The packing is incredibly designed. I am not a fan of the leather case color and shape so I won't use it but is good quality nonetheless. The provided USB type C is very good quality, and the burn in cable for balanced is a great idea.

My 200g card is recognized without any issue (you have to turn the player off to put the card) and the whole card is scanned in roughly 8mn. Both single ended and balanced sound great without any burn in. Spacious, powerful, very detailed. I am not completely sure on the mids and will give more feedback after some time.

There are a few minor bugs in tag reading but I guess this will be solved. The navigation on the 200g card is quite fast. First little issue, the tags are not read when navigating through folders.

Will say more later, but bravo iBasso.

Second session of listening, a little bit balanced but mostly single ended to do some comparisons with the LPG and WM1Z with my SE5 Ultimate. The DX200 has a larger and airier soundstage then the LPG, bringing out details in a more obvious way. The LPG is more intimate but with very nice depth as always.

The WM1Z is more or less as large as the DX200 stage-wise but warmer, more full bodied. I would say at this stage the signature is more akin to the AK380 but without the typical AKM liquid sound.

I tried some of the digital filters which bring subtle differences. I will stick to the default at this stage. I am curious to see how the sound will evolve and what possibilities there will be by switching amps.

My impression at this stage is that the DX200 is powerful, with a dynamic, airy and well controlled sound, quite neutral and very slightly on the dry side. Mids are not veiled like was suggested but at this stage slightly more distant than on my other two players. The sounds remain nonetheless very clear and clean.

UI wise, it is very intuitive, but there seem to be few bugs that I will need to confirm, in tagging among other things. The UI is fast, but when you browse by tag, on a full 200g card and full player, you cannot scroll too fast or the software might crash. At this stage no deal breaker, the UI need refining but it is functional.

Thank you.

While we're waiting for the player to settle in and then providing a definitive evaluation, what are the buttons like. Does the volume dial turn smoothly like a well oiled Swiss instrument and are the bush buttons comparable to the Sony in their firmness and quality feel?
Do you still regard the speed of your Sony's UI as fast?
wink_face.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #2,022 of 22,019
To all, you are welcome, will say more when I have more. A this stage it is hard to say with many iems to try.

While we're waiting for the player to settle in and then providing a definitive evaluation, what are the buttons like. Does the volume dial turn smoothly like a well oiled Swiss instrument and are the bush buttons comparable to the Sony in their firmness and quality feel?
Do you still regard the speed of your Sony's UI as fast?:wink_face:  
the dial and buttons are very good. The UI is more buggy than the Sony's, but clearly faster.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #2,023 of 22,019
could you post a picture of it next to the wm1z to have an idea of the size
Thanks for this nice feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back