DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 21, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,009 of 22,021

After seeing this, I consider to change my mind...

Because of Tidal support (and no Spotify)?  You only getting one popular streaming service and have a choice of either their expensive flagship or budget entry level.  According to Paul here DX200 will have Android 6.0 and it's not locked, meaning full open system with more than just Tidal
wink.gif

Just have a little more patience.  From what I heard, iBasso has a dedicated team, working exclusively on DX200 now.  Plus, keep in mind they are implementing a brand new Sabre chip, ES9028Pro, as Paul mentioned here.  This is not another copy'n'paste design re-using existing DAC, this is a new frontier which requires more testing and optimization.  I would rather them take their time and do it right.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,010 of 22,021

Because of Tidal support (and no Spotify)?  You only getting one popular streaming service and have a choice of either their expensive flagship or budget entry level.  According to Paul here DX200 will have Android 6.0 and it's not locked, meaning full open system with more than just Tidal
wink.gif

Just have a little more patience.  From what I heard, iBasso has a dedicated team, working exclusively on DX200 now.  Plus, keep in mind they are implementing a brand new Sabre chip, ES9028Pro, as Paul mentioned here.  This is not another copy'n'paste design re-using existing DAC, this is a new frontier which requires more testing and optimization.  I would rather them take their time and do it right.

absolutely agree with you on everything you just said. I'd rather have them take their time and get it right instead of it turning out as "just another standard DAP". Meanwhile I will gladly use my 2. Gen iPod Touch which I bought used from an auctioning platform for 20$, the soundquality may not be the best but I'll survive with it for a few more months if need be.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #1,011 of 22,021

wink.gif

absolutely agree with you on everything you just said. I'd rather have them take their time and get it right instead of it turning out as "just another standard DAP". Meanwhile I will gladly use my 2. Gen iPod Touch which I bought used from an auctioning platform for 20$, the soundquality may not be the best but I'll survive with it for a few more months if need be.

Ummm, how much more "taking of their time" do they need? I mean is there some sort of limit? Set some realistic parameters or better yet IBasso should set some and maybe people would be temporarily pacified. Although personally as with others no word just rumor's at this point is all we've heard and could probably stand to hear some factual data from IBasso itself. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #1,012 of 22,021
Just sayin'

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #1,013 of 22,021
I wonder if it will come with a set of buds? Something not seen much nowadays. Even the mighty Apple pulled a fast one and now they will never have to package earbuds with they're device again!

I think the last device I opened that had earbuds in it was the Fiio m3...

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #1,014 of 22,021
I wonder if it will come with a set of buds? Something not seen much nowadays. Even the mighty Apple pulled a fast one and now they will never have to package earbuds with they're device again!

I think the last device I opened that had earbuds in it was the Fiio m3...

I wouldn't mind if they include their new 3way IT03 hybrids :wink:  These are rather good!!!

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #1,015 of 22,021
Ummm, how much more "taking of their time" do they need? I mean is there some sort of limit? Set some realistic parameters or better yet IBasso should set some and maybe people would be temporarily pacified. Although personally as with others no word just rumor's at this point is all we've heard and could probably stand to hear some factual data from IBasso itself. 

Remember FiiO X7 release?  It was a very similar story with thread started a year before the release, lots of speculations, threats to go buy something else, and so on.

Let's just hope Paul will chime in soon with more updates about DX200 development progress.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #1,016 of 22,021

Remember FiiO X7 release?  It was a very similar story with thread started a year before the release, lots of speculations, threats to go buy something else, and so on.

Let's just hope Paul will chime in soon with more updates about DX200 development progress.

That's a good point about the X7 release... I don't pretend to be the most patient person in the world either. :)
But honestly all this speculation grows tiresome. IE: will they include this, will they include that is getting old. I think it's time in IMHO that we were given some hard facts from IBasso or Paul who I'm sure has seen the comments to come "clean" with a probable release date as well as some specs.
It almost seems as this is done intentionally to garner speculation and interest. Again, this is just my opinion but I feel as though my patience is wading and the "threat" to buy something else is very real in a lot of peoples eyes.... 

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,017 of 22,021

Bought the Opus 1 after waiting for the DX200, now they're coming out with the Opus 2 in Oct., Yes to say the least frustrating... Also not a big fan of "this is how IBasso does things"
If the DP-X1 fixes its jack problems or the Opus 2 exceeds the Opus 1 overall I'll cut my losses and purchase one of those and never look back into IBasso again. 

Sorry, little OT here, but... Can you tell more about the jack problems of the DP-X1? Hardware problem for all unit?

Sep 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #1,019 of 22,021
Sorry, little OT here, but... Can you tell more about the jack problems of the DP-X1? Hardware problem for all unit?

If you search the thread on the DP-X1 you'll see a lot of people have had issues with loose jacks on both the 2.5 & 3.5 inputs.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #1,020 of 22,021
if there is anybody that speaks chinese, please decipher the text at the bottom of the post. The iBasso support probably just answered the question if the DX200 will be released this year in a topic on their official Baidu forum, but google translate does a really bad job in translating this particular sentence so I dont know if he's saying that it is or isnt gonna be released this year.

DX200年内一定推出,目前已经在最后的微调,绝不会因为市场的催促就匆忙上市,好声音和好品质是DX200给所有支持我们用户的保证,不支持的除外

Users who are viewing this thread

Back