DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 31, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #977 of 22,021
Quote:
I'm in the market for a new DAP. It was going to be between FiiO X7 & Questyle QP1r. I do not like the aesthetics of the iBasso DX80. However, I do like what I'm seeing in regards to this DX200. Maybe I will hold off on purchase until this one hits retail. I voted for #3 in terms of look, btw.

I'm sitting in the exact same boat as you man even if this post is almost half a year old haha.. have been doing a lot of research and the qp1r is on the top of my list at the moment, but the x7 has A LOT going for it as well in my opinion, so it's almost a tie between the qp1r and the x7 at the moment with the qp1r being slightly ahead of the x7. But I'm not in a hurry because I will be spending a lot of cash on this and I do not want to regret my decision a few months later. I'll wait for the DX200 to be released and reviewed and probably make my final decision around the time that has happened.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #978 of 22,021
Now I have to wait for the DX120 too, my audio slush fund is getting restless and slowly turning into a pizza slush fund :rolleyes:
Maybe time for a proper portable amp to keep distracted while waiting to see how all the new DAP shake out.

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #979 of 22,021
just found a thread on the chinese ibasso forum on baidu (they have the link to that forum on the chinese ibasso homepage so it looks pretty legit to me) where a member asked about the release date and another member told him that he sent a pm to an (ibasso?) staff member which told him that the release date (at least in china) will be the end of october. Just thought I'd share this information as I'm probably not the only one waiting for it to be released : )

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4768020241

there also appears to be a DX200 thread on the ibasso forum, but I haven't managed to set up a baidu account so far..

EDIT 1: I have managed to create a Baidu account and have started reading through another thread on ibassos Baidu forum (I wasnt able to go beyond page 1 before I had the account) where somebody was asking about the price and the release date, and (what appears to be) an ibasso employee answered that they cannot give a clear statement on either yet. that was on the 31. of August. Just as a heads up, this is just what I observed on the forum, dont take anything as a guarantee, the guy that said he got a PM might've just made the release date up. But I think there is a very good chance that what he said is legit. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for : )

EDIT 2: ok might've gotten excited too soon, an ibasso supporter also replied on the thread I've mentioned at the beginning of my post.. from what I can gather he said that the release date is just a speculation.. but then again from what I have read they are in the final stage and working on the last errors and adjustments of the DX200

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #981 of 22,021
Great news! Thanks for sharing
smily_headphones1.gif

you're welcome : )

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #985 of 22,021
**waiting patiently me**

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #986 of 22,021
Anything? Any word? New release date rumours? Is this thing ever going to happen???

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #988 of 22,021
It's Ibasso's style.
There'an announcement first and some pics of it and then nothing..
Some people keep interest, some forget about it and buy something else.
Suddenly one day BIM it's released and sells like hot cakes, let's hope so..

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #989 of 22,021
I am checking the official chinese ibasso forums on a daily basis, their chinese costumers are starting to loose patience as well, there isnt a day where somebody doesnt ask for a release date. Some people over there are speculating that maybe they've run into difficulties along the way, but nobody really knows what is going on, they might as well just be tuning the device eliminating every smallest error in order to make the DX200 sound as good as possible..
I agree with you that their communication is lacking, but I personally dont mind the wait if they are working on it and making the DX200 as good as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back