DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 13, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #12,677 of 22,021
Does clean install firmware really eliminate bugs? My friend’s DX200 did clean install to eliminate popping and skipping issues as suggested but no luck. Doing clean install is a bit take effort for me as i dont have any windows computer.

Other question, what is the benefits having lurker fw installed?

Thank you!

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #12,679 of 22,021
Does clean install firmware really eliminate bugs? My friend’s DX200 did clean install to eliminate popping and skipping issues as suggested but no luck. Doing clean install is a bit take effort for me as i dont have any windows computer.

Other question, what is the benefits having lurker fw installed?

Thank you!

Ah! Repeated question. However, after installing Lurker0 FW some say it is just different favor other say SQ is much better. To me it is much better than the installed factory FW in every way! :L3000: That is why most of Headfiers in this thread did install it with no hesitation.

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #12,680 of 22,021
Hi all first post here so be kind so waited in all day for my IBASSO DX200 to be delivered only to find out its pretty much junk
Issues:
Cannot get it to connect to my PC via USB(unknown device) just get device not recognised over and over also tried looking for a driver ...nothing (contacted the seller) "advancedmp3s" who claim there are drivers on the IBasso site but nothing... so just downloaded the latest firmware v2.8.198 put it as instructed unzipped onto sd card but now i get "verifying failed, please check you package"
never had such problems with a DAP before FIIO and Questyle just work straight out the box...not happy with this what so ever

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #12,681 of 22,021
Hi all first post here so be kind so waited in all day for my IBASSO DX200 to be delivered only to find out its pretty much junk
Issues:
Cannot get it to connect to my PC via USB(unknown device) just get device not recognised over and over also tried looking for a driver ...nothing (contacted the seller) "advancedmp3s" who claim there are drivers on the IBasso site but nothing... so just downloaded the latest firmware v2.8.198 put it as instructed unzipped onto sd card but now i get "verifying failed, please check you package"
never had such problems with a DAP before FIIO and Questyle just work straight out the box...not happy with this what so ever
Junk? Because of a learning curve. Sounds like you are frustrated the DX200 is not junk.

When you download the FW you unzip it and use that new zip file for the update. The instructions are all there and even on the first page of this thread. Also there is a driver on the iBasso site, just look for it under downloads. I have FiiO and there have been some issues but I learned (the learning curve) and got through it.

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #12,682 of 22,021
Issues:
I agree with @jamato8. There is just a little learning curve to it. Once you figure it out It's so worth it.

Try swiping from the top and select USB file transfer on the DX200. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

If you still have issues Paul at iBasso is VERY helpful.

Good luck!!

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #12,683 of 22,021
swiping from the top only ever gives these options "wifi... bluetooth.. airplane.. portrait...Cast"

i have also looked numerous times for the usb driver download the only one is the USB/DAC one(which i dont require as i dont want to use it that way)

learning curve things should just work... imagine if you purchased a new car and it was like this "you cant drive it yet because we have not fitted any tyres"

Apr 13, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #12,684 of 22,021
swiping from the top only ever gives these options "wifi... bluetooth.. airplane.. portrait...Cast"

i have also looked numerous times for the usb driver download the only one is the USB/DAC one(which i dont require as i dont want to use it that way)

learning curve things should just work... imagine if you purchased a new car and it was like this "you cant drive it yet because we have not fitted any tyres"
Are you using the included USB cable?

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #12,686 of 22,021
yes its the only why i have got
I don't have my DX200 with me otherwise I would try it. Maybe swipe down twice. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #12,687 of 22,021
Junk? Because of a learning curve. Sounds like you are frustrated the DX200 is not junk.

When you download the FW you unzip it and use that new zip file for the update. The instructions are all there and even on the first page of this thread. Also there is a driver on the iBasso site, just look for it under downloads. I have FiiO and there have been some issues but I learned (the learning curve) and got through it.

I agree with @jamato8. There is just a little learning curve to it. Once you figure it out It's so worth it.

Try swiping from the top and select USB file transfer on the DX200. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

If you still have issues Paul at iBasso is VERY helpful.

Good luck!!

I had a defective unit bought from B&H with ghost swipe screen and felt so frustrated at that time then decided to buy directly from ibasso. Paul was very helpful and rushed to send new DX200 to me the fastest way. Then I struggled with installing Lurker0 FW but Mr. Lurker was also very helpful shown me step by step until I got it. Now I am a happy owner! I have learned a lesson of calming down myself and especially be patient in any situation or hard way!

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #12,689 of 22,021
I had a defective unit bought from B&H with ghost swipe screen and felt so frustrated at that time then decided to buy directly from ibasso. Paul was very helpful and rushed to send new DX200 to me the fastest way. Then I struggled with installing Lurker0 FW but Mr. Lurker was also very helpful shown me step by step until I got it. Now I am a happy owner! I have learned a lesson of calming down myself and especially be patient in any situation or hard way!

pretty calm here just never had issues before with any audio/hifi purchase the company i bought from has got good reviews and is a registered IBASSO dealer Advanced MP3 Players

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #12,690 of 22,021
thanks gc335 for trying to help me out
the clock seems to be stuck on am as well nothing in the settings will allow me to take it to pm or past midday so i think there may be something seriously wrong
You have to take the clock off of Auto date and time. Then tap on the am pm and it will switch back and forth. Or you can use the wifi for network time. I set mine manually as I prefer that method.

I also find that USB C cables can be touchy and have about 5. I would try a different USB C cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back