1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845
847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856
Next

Last
  1. singleended5863
    Or your ears will fall off! :ksc75smile:

icefalkon likes this.
  2. sklaus28
    Does clean install firmware really eliminate bugs? My friend’s DX200 did clean install to eliminate popping and skipping issues as suggested but no luck. Doing clean install is a bit take effort for me as i dont have any windows computer.

Other question, what is the benefits having lurker fw installed?

Thank you!

3. Whitigir
    My wife got me because something was open

mrmoto050, icefalkon and kubig123 like this.
  4. singleended5863
    Ah! Repeated question. However, after installing Lurker0 FW some say it is just different favor other say SQ is much better. To me it is much better than the installed factory FW in every way! :L3000: That is why most of Headfiers in this thread did install it with no hesitation.

5. toolapcblack
    Hi all first post here so be kind so waited in all day for my IBASSO DX200 to be delivered only to find out its pretty much junk
    Issues:
    Cannot get it to connect to my PC via USB(unknown device) just get device not recognised over and over also tried looking for a driver ...nothing (contacted the seller) "advancedmp3s" who claim there are drivers on the IBasso site but nothing... so just downloaded the latest firmware v2.8.198 put it as instructed unzipped onto sd card but now i get "verifying failed, please check you package"
    never had such problems with a DAP before FIIO and Questyle just work straight out the box...not happy with this what so ever

6. jamato8 Contributor
    Junk? Because of a learning curve. Sounds like you are frustrated the DX200 is not junk.

When you download the FW you unzip it and use that new zip file for the update. The instructions are all there and even on the first page of this thread. Also there is a driver on the iBasso site, just look for it under downloads. I have FiiO and there have been some issues but I learned (the learning curve) and got through it.

Signal2Noise, mrmoto050 and gc335 like this.
  7. gc335
    I agree with @jamato8. There is just a little learning curve to it. Once you figure it out It's so worth it.

Try swiping from the top and select USB file transfer on the DX200. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

If you still have issues Paul at iBasso is VERY helpful.

Good luck!!

8. toolapcblack
    swiping from the top only ever gives these options "wifi... bluetooth.. airplane.. portrait...Cast"

i have also looked numerous times for the usb driver download the only one is the USB/DAC one(which i dont require as i dont want to use it that way)

learning curve things should just work... imagine if you purchased a new car and it was like this "you cant drive it yet because we have not fitted any tyres"

9. gc335
    Are you using the included USB cable?

10. toolapcblack
    yes its the only why i have got

11. gc335
    I don't have my DX200 with me otherwise I would try it. Maybe swipe down twice. Does anyone else have any ideas?

12. singleended5863
    I had a defective unit bought from B&H with ghost swipe screen and felt so frustrated at that time then decided to buy directly from ibasso. Paul was very helpful and rushed to send new DX200 to me the fastest way. Then I struggled with installing Lurker0 FW but Mr. Lurker was also very helpful shown me step by step until I got it. Now I am a happy owner! I have learned a lesson of calming down myself and especially be patient in any situation or hard way!

fuhransahis and gc335 like this.
  13. toolapcblack
    thanks gc335 for trying to help me out
    the clock seems to be stuck on am as well nothing in the settings will allow me to take it to pm or past midday so i think there may be something seriously wrong

14. toolapcblack
    pretty calm here just never had issues before with any audio/hifi purchase the company i bought from has got good reviews and is a registered IBASSO dealer Advanced MP3 Players

15. jamato8 Contributor
    You have to take the clock off of Auto date and time. Then tap on the am pm and it will switch back and forth. Or you can use the wifi for network time. I set mine manually as I prefer that method.

I also find that USB C cables can be touchy and have about 5. I would try a different USB C cable.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
First

Back
836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845
847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856
Next

Last