1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777
779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788
Next

Last
  1. faithguy19
    The second release of AMP4 is worse than the first release? How so? I haven't seen anything that says that. Also I didn't realize that the second release was even out yet? If so I will order it now...

Dobrescu George and jamato8 like this.
  2. Dobrescu George
    Don't mind it, Alex was just trying to be cynical towards me and my quotation from my review :)

One reason or another he thinks that was funny, but Audiophile Heaven isn't just me writing and testing stuff, but a group of a few people with whom I test stuff that, so we can detect stuff like hiss easier, or better assess comfort of stuff, so I quote impressions that were of multiple individuals as "We" or "Us" in my reviews.

Alex wanted to give a spin of this to his writing and this made it confusing, as he generally writes things in singular in not in the same style as me :)

AMP4 is the same throughout all releases, it has the same amazing sound in the latest revision as it had in the first one.

Most probably, the main reason why it was paused before is because it uses a special connector (4.4mm), and at first it didn't seem like so many people would want it as a connector, as only very few IEMs and Headphones come with it, but lately more and more people want AMP4, so iBasso is producing more, and they are just as awesome :)

3. kubig123
    How did you come out with this?

Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. foxtrot
    you think this is true?

5. Dobrescu George
    One hundrer percent sure, the AMP4';s have the same internal structure as far as my info goes, it was just the way it was worded that made you think it will be different, that wasn't implied per se :)

6. foxtrot

I doubt whether there are amazing capacitors for the first version?

7. Marat Sar
    Great to hear ibasso is doing another production run of amp4. When I was getting mine I was told there would be none. Some online store in the UK had one in stock still and I managed to grab it with the help of a friend. I was pretty bummed out when I thought I wasn't getting one. I had a feeling it would be great. (I've always thought the 2.5 mm plug is an inherently bad idea for a connector standard).

8. singleended5863
    Why the 2.5 mm plug is a bad connector? All my IEMs and CIEMs have balanced 2.5 plug!

9. hung031086
    For me, i dont like 2.5mm connector cus its easy to break. I broke 2 or 3 already.
    But all of my cables are 2.5mm cus its easy to change to 3.5mm or 4.4mm.

chaiyuta likes this.
  10. jamato8 Contributor
    The 4.4 obviously is stronger and there have been reports of the 2.5 breaking off in the socket (I have had a couple bend). Even Furutech uses a steel for the central pin because they did not feel confident of the 2.5 without it (from emails). Also the 4.4 would have better channel separation and it has better contacts. The socket uses double contacts at each point so even lower resistance. I also have a number of 2.5 but love the quality and robustness of the 4.4.

11. salavat
    Try to twist them around while inserted. Bad connectors might rustle. If they do not - then sizes and tolerance for dimensions for both connector and socket are exact. Because of the physical dimensions, size, surface contact area., etc it is obvious that they are less robust than 3.5 mm ones, and of course 4.4 mm. At least 30 % less contact area than 3.5 mm, if I am correct in calculations...

12. twister6 Contributor
    I'm still curious why you think "second release" of amp4 is a bad thing (?) when this new batch of amp4 modules is not even available yet? Nothing happened yet, and you're already concerned about it? Did I miss something or are you referring to another post in this thread that made you concerned?

mrmoto050 and icefalkon like this.
  13. icefalkon
    Where do you get this from?

14. icefalkon
    LOL I love that right there bro!

I want a tshirt Alex!

twister6 likes this.
  15. fuhransahis
    Guys foxtrot is very clearly a troll. Please ignore.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    acap13 and icefalkon like this.
First

Back
768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777
779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788
Next

Last