DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 17, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #11,372 of 22,021
AFAIK they can't due to Google restrictions: Google requires the device to be certified with them, with each firmware version. It is (almost?) impossible to pass certification with so deep changes iBasso made in Android for bit perfect playback. To answer possible related question, Fiio does not certify, and, strictly speaking, it is illegal.

Another reason many DAPs have no Google stuff installed is that they do a lot of background work, collecting data and sending it to Google. There is an opinion this may affect sound quality. With my firmware you have the best of two worlds: you can easily install all you need (including paid or IAB apps), then disable Google services with one button, and enable back, if required, again by one button, even with no reboot required.
Thanks Lurker... got it. It is clear now. I read people rave about your ROMs. I think it will take just some more time for me to take the decision! Is the firmware upgrade possible from Mac easily? Is it reversible? Thanks again!

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #11,373 of 22,021
Thanks Lurker... got it. It is clear now. I read people rave about your ROMs. I think it will take just some more time for me to take the decision! Is the firmware upgrade possible from Mac easily? Is it reversible? Thanks again!
I wouldn't necessarily call it easy but you can flash the ROM on Mac. Here is a link to Lurker's how to. FLASH ON MAC

Yes the flash is reversible. You just would need to follow iBasso's instructions to flash their ROM.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #11,375 of 22,021
I wouldn't necessarily call it easy but you can flash the ROM on Mac. Here is a link to Lurker's how to. FLASH ON MAC

Yes the flash is reversible. You just would need to follow iBasso's instructions to flash their ROM.

Honestly it's not difficult at all, I never flash a rom in to an android phone/player before an the process was quite easy and straightforward.
follow Lurker directions and you'll be done in no time!

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #11,376 of 22,021
Honestly it's not difficult at all, I never flash a rom in to an android phone/player before an the process was quite easy and straightforward.
follow Lurker directions and you'll be done in no time!
I would agree when someone has a little technical knowledge and background it is easy. But when someone hasn't installed programs from the terminal it can be a daunting task. I have to remind myself of this all the time. :) I manage an IT department that deals with non-technical users everyday and some people will never get these instructions. Remember that's why the iPhone is so popular, "It just works"....

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #11,377 of 22,021
Which distro of Linux do you use?
Linux Lite XFCE, but I don't have the knowledge to build it from the source code as is required for installation using a Linux machine.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #11,378 of 22,021
Well ... Jazz does not like silver in the tract. Excuse me. Jazz likes monocrystalline copper. It's true. Sorry.

LOL where do you get this from? LOL

Are you telling me that "Jazz"...the music...doesn't like silver cables???

Feb 18, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #11,382 of 22,021
And does Roon work on Lurker's ROM. If yes... is it bitperfect?

Roon is never bitperfect on Android - its not specifc to Ibasso - currently Roon only sends 44.1/48k to android devices. I assume this will eventually gete updated

Feb 18, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #11,383 of 22,021
I just listened to the Copper DX200 at Canjam in NYC and WHAT. It's, by far, the best DAP I've ever heard. The Resoultion, Tonality and Soundstage the DX200 is known for - with a weight (both literally and figuratively) to the sound that is just flat out amazing. IMHO, significantly better than the WM1z or SP1000.

I know - I have no idea why the chassis material affects sound. Grounding? Different internals? I had my DX200 right next to it with the same music - I also listened to the titanium one and while nice, it didn't have the magic of the copper. The last thing I expected was to hear a signficant difference.

That and the Mr Speakers Voce were the two best things I heard at CanJam.

Paul - one of the gentleman manning the booth set it was limited edition and only 30 were being made. It's heavy as hell - but I want it. Any chance for a bigger run?

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #11,384 of 22,021

Paul - one of the gentleman manning the booth set it was limited edition and only 30 were being made. It's heavy as hell - but I want it. Any chance for a bigger run?

If only 30 are being made it must be $$$$$$$

Feb 18, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #11,385 of 22,021
I just listened to the Copper DX200 at Canjam in NYC and WHAT. It's, by far, the best DAP I've ever heard. The Resoultion, Tonality and Soundstage the DX200 is known for - with a weight (both literally and figuratively) to the sound that is just flat out amazing. IMHO, significantly better than the WM1z or SP1000.

I know - I have no idea why the chassis material affects sound. Grounding? Different internals? I had my DX200 right next to it with the same music - I also listened to the titanium one and while nice, it didn't have the magic of the copper. The last thing I expected was to hear a significant difference.

That and the Mr Speakers Voce were the two best things I heard at CanJam.

Thank you. I don't think at this time there will be more. It is very expensive to produce. There were 27 made and all numbered. As soon as they were done they were gone. They were 2999 USD. The DX200CuAu is OFC with gold plating and some different parts. I wish I could have been there but it was John and Steve. jamato8 and icefalcon.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back