1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. lurkusmaximus
    Likely on a test bench somewhere getting poked, prodded, measured, sampled, reloaded, rebooted, reconnected, re-calibrated, and that's before lunch.

2. berzerk428
    Quote:

I'm sitting in the exact same boat as you man even if this post is almost half a year old haha.. have been doing a lot of research and the qp1r is on the top of my list at the moment, but the x7 has A LOT going for it as well in my opinion, so it's almost a tie between the qp1r and the x7 at the moment with the qp1r being slightly ahead of the x7. But I'm not in a hurry because I will be spending a lot of cash on this and I do not want to regret my decision a few months later. I'll wait for the DX200 to be released and reviewed and probably make my final decision around the time that has happened.

3. Raketen
    Now I have to wait for the DX120 too, my audio slush fund is getting restless and slowly turning into a pizza slush fund :rolleyes:
    Maybe time for a proper portable amp to keep distracted while waiting to see how all the new DAP shake out.

4. berzerk428
    just found a thread on the chinese ibasso forum on baidu (they have the link to that forum on the chinese ibasso homepage so it looks pretty legit to me) where a member asked about the release date and another member told him that he sent a pm to an (ibasso?) staff member which told him that the release date (at least in china) will be the end of october. Just thought I'd share this information as I'm probably not the only one waiting for it to be released : )

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4768020241

there also appears to be a DX200 thread on the ibasso forum, but I haven't managed to set up a baidu account so far..

EDIT 1: I have managed to create a Baidu account and have started reading through another thread on ibassos Baidu forum (I wasnt able to go beyond page 1 before I had the account) where somebody was asking about the price and the release date, and (what appears to be) an ibasso employee answered that they cannot give a clear statement on either yet. that was on the 31. of August. Just as a heads up, this is just what I observed on the forum, dont take anything as a guarantee, the guy that said he got a PM might've just made the release date up. But I think there is a very good chance that what he said is legit. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for : )

EDIT 2: ok might've gotten excited too soon, an ibasso supporter also replied on the thread I've mentioned at the beginning of my post.. from what I can gather he said that the release date is just a speculation.. but then again from what I have read they are in the final stage and working on the last errors and adjustments of the DX200

Kerouac, Vartan and HPLobster like this.
  5. HPLobster
    Great news! Thanks for sharing :)

6. berzerk428
    you're welcome : )

7. HombreCangrejo
    Paul, could you give us some more information about DX120? DAC chip used would be good, but I'm more interested about knowing where this model falls into Ibasso's portfolio. (Finally) a replacement for DX50, despite the number, or perhaps a model to fill in the gap between DX80 and DX200?

8. HiFiChris Contributor
    Imho the naming scheme is quite logical when seen like this:

DX50 + 30 = DX80

DX90 + 30 = DX120

DX100 x2 = DX200

9. Mython Contributor
    Fortunately, iBasso don't add a zero to the model number of their DAPs, to create the pricetag [​IMG]

10. artpiggo
    **waiting patiently me**

FB_IMG_1471229704012.jpg

Vartan likes this.
  11. BarDash
    Anything? Any word? New release date rumours? Is this thing ever going to happen???

12. Mimouille
    The communication on this is bad, no other way to say it. Ultra early announcement and then nothing for months. You cannot keep the people interested for so long with nothing to chew on.

13. Fabi
    It's Ibasso's style.
    There'an announcement first and some pics of it and then nothing..
    Some people keep interest, some forget about it and buy something else.
    Suddenly one day BIM it's released and sells like hot cakes, let's hope so..

14. berzerk428
    I am checking the official chinese ibasso forums on a daily basis, their chinese costumers are starting to loose patience as well, there isnt a day where somebody doesnt ask for a release date. Some people over there are speculating that maybe they've run into difficulties along the way, but nobody really knows what is going on, they might as well just be tuning the device eliminating every smallest error in order to make the DX200 sound as good as possible..
    I agree with you that their communication is lacking, but I personally dont mind the wait if they are working on it and making the DX200 as good as possible.

15. emad
    Removable battery?
    Why there is no player has a user-replaceable battery in the world?

First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last