1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Next

Last
  1. mpawluk91
    Cheap but awesome

2. oldmate
    Yeah, it's pretty good. Best thing - Galaxy S3 batteries. In a world of planned obsolescence a great feature.

3. vrapan
    X7 has still quite a few shortcomings, including the interference issue that is not fixed you also cannot store streaming offline music to the sd cards only to internal memory somewhat lacking interface lackluster default amp module (yes I know they have a version without it now but still) and really not a big fan of the raised screen or t he chunky design. So there is definitely room for improvement. I am hoping that my Explorer from Echobox will not have those issues but if it does then I am looking towards the DX200 though admittedly I have found DX200 software really quite hit and miss - both DX90 and DX80 had significant issues and admittedly I didn't care for the sound of the DX80 at all while loved the DX90.

4. vrapan
    Hey Paul, will you all be at the London CanJam?

5. HiFiChris Contributor

Welp, not for everyone though. I haven't had a single FW issue with my DX90 so far and the one FW issue I got with the DX80 has just been resolved.

6. karloil
    looking forward to the DX200! I'm holding off any DAP purchase for the meantime and will wait for this baby to be released. (also waiting for the X7ii and Opus#2)...but i'm looking forward to this one the most [​IMG]

7. Sound Eq
    i give ibasso 2 days to release dx200 or i will buy another dap 

just kiddin

8. mpawluk91
    If the dx120 is everything the dx200 is sonically but without the smartphone layout I'd but the dx120 instead

9. Mython Contributor
    So many "ifs"... [​IMG]

The amp section sounds 'interesting', though.

Speaking of 'new' amp technologies, I've been meaning to have a listen to THX® Achromatic Audio Amplifier™ (AAA™) technology for a while, but never got around to visiting a hi-fi show, in order to do so.

I wonder which technology iBasso are implementing in the DX200.

10. AndoH

True that. If that is the case, then the DX120 would be cheaper than the DX200, but have the same sound, just without the smartphone capabilities.

11. BETEP 9
    To me, the chosen design looks like the X7 and AK240 had a baby together ... And X7 genes dominated a bit.
    I really like the number 1 version.

12. Paul - iBasso
    The DX120 will be a pure music player. No wifi or bluetooth. The amp section will be all new as will be the dac section. It will have the normal optical and coax input and line out function.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    AndoH likes this.
  13. AndoH

Oh, that is great news! For me at least, haha.

Are they going to look the same as the design and the styles that we voted? And will it be on par with the DX200 (in terms of sound)?

Thank you iBasso!

14. Paul - iBasso

Because of a different dac chip it will sound different and the DX200 will have different amp sections available. On absolute sound quality the DX120 will be extremely good and will compete easily with DAPs costing much more. We would strive for nothing less.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    Raketen likes this.
  15. mpawluk91
    Ok my prayers have been heard, when will you tell us about the dac and amp section of the dx120?

First

Back
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Next

Last