1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last
  1. Mython Contributor

...actually, that reminds me of a film from my childhood...

2. H20Fidelity Contributor
    If I had to release a player to you bunch of fusspots I'd take absolutely long as possible as well. [​IMG]

Peridot and berzerk428 like this.
  3. Mython Contributor

DX100 is a great DAP if you like a detailed spacious sound, with plenty of current delivery.

It's a bloody frustrating DAP in every other respect  [​IMG]

4. Gerryhatrick
    The SQ and amp power is out of this world and I have owned the 50, 90 and 80; to my mind it blows them all away. I'm using it in preference to my Onkyo dp-x1 ATM which
    I bought as I got fed up with waiting for the DX200.

There are downsides (it is old in tech terms). Terrible UI, slow scanning, one of the worst android versions and pretty poor battery life. Mine may improve with a few charging cycles as the last owner installed a new battery before selling. A real brick but that's fine with me.

Pretty rare - paid  £340 which is not a bad price.

5. Gerryhatrick

Now that is an interesting business model!

6. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Then when its out you'll be all like..

Err, the DAC won't connect to my PC.
    Arr my songs aren't in order.
    Eww, my playlists aren't working.

Fix it Paul, fix it now. [​IMG] 

7. Mython Contributor

For an Aussie, you speak excellent Californian! [​IMG]

H20Fidelity likes this.
  8. Kerouac

Yeah, good ol' Beetlejuice...I also remember that one from the days that I still had hair, teeth and even could hear things [​IMG]

DX100 has great SQ indeed. I also prefer it over the DX50 & 90 that I had.
    UI isn't that bad imo and also (± 5-6 hours) batterylife could be worse...
    High hopes for DX200's SQ as well [​IMG]

Yep...sounds like a typical day at the iBasso office [​IMG]
    I guess I was always lucky with my own iBasso daps...never had any issues worth complaining about...

9. Gerryhatrick

I agree completely - I always felt I was part of the silent majority......

10. Paul - iBasso
    We are working on the DX200 everyday. There will be a few different amp units for the DX200 from single ended to balanced that will offer some great choices. We also have a new amp technology that I believe many are going to enjoy immensely.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
    Vartan likes this.
  11. HiFiChris Contributor

If it is what I think it is, this would be totally awesome. But could it really be?

By the way, are there any plans on making one module with 6.3 mm jack (if that's even possible given the length and thickness)?

12. howdy
    Awesome, can't wait to see this on your website for sale. I think your latest fw for the dx80 was perfect so hopefully it will give you more opportunities to get this out!

13. artpiggo
    Dear Paul,

Can you hint us on DX120 spec? [​IMG]

14. mpawluk91
    Yeah that would be nice. I hope it's just a DAP and not a PMP like the fiio x7 and ibasso dx200, basically all AK players are like this. It'd be nice to see a real music player

Sony did it with the nw-zx100

15. oldmate
    Yeah, the more I read about the DX200 the more I think it's just a clone of the X7 and if so what's the point - they beat you to the market by 12 months!! Seriously this DAP market is getting rather crowded with no real innovation. I am happy with my recently purchased DX90 which by Head.Fi standards is an antique but only because it was cheap.

First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last