DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 12, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #9,406 of 22,019
Tidal will not automatically update in the DX200. I just reinstall a new .apk after several updates. It will advise you if it is out of date, but you can still use it even if it is not the latest build.

Thank you. critical question then. Will it keep all my Favourite music etc? and my downloaded content?

Straight out of the box this sounds awesome to me. Feels a little brighter than the AK300 i have but its just an initial impression

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #9,407 of 22,019
I've been interested in hearing some impressions of the DX200 with the i4 too. The only concern I have is the size of the i4. The Layla V1 was to large for me so.....

The interesting part for me is:
Amp3 can drive the lcd i4? :).
Those headphone need a high quality amp but the amp3 is made for it.

Hi guys, I saw that you were interested by some impressions about LCD-i4 with Amp-3. I wrote some quick thoughts about this pairing in the i4 thread, you can find them if you wish in page 63 to 65.

Hope it can be of some help to you! :)

Cheers.

Edit : the main post was actually on page 59... :D

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #9,412 of 22,019
Maybe something that can be updated via firmware at some point @Paul - iBasso
It's possible that the DX200 could be upgrade to render MQA. A few other DAC manufacturers have released firmware upgrades for their products that have enabled MQA on their DACs. Audioquest Dragonfly Red and Black, and the Meridian Explorer 2 to name a few. These came out before the MQA standard was finalized, so this bodes well for the DX200. Whether the DX200 can be upgraded to MQA is still up in the air though, but this info gives it a chance.

After doing some reading on computeraudiophile.... With MQA it appears that their are two flavors of MQA DACs.... 1) MQA "renderers", which require the player (Tidal, ect...) to do the first "unfolding", whereupon the renderer will do the final processing and 2) "decoders", which will play MQA files without any additional software required. To my understanding the DragonFly / Meridian are "renderers", not a "decoder" - which means that they need a piece of software to work properly for MQA playback. INAAE so I could be way off, but FWIW It's entirely possible that most current production DACs, that can be firmware upgraded, can be updated into MQA renders.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #9,413 of 22,019
Thank you. critical question then. Will it keep all my Favourite music etc? and my downloaded content?

Straight out of the box this sounds awesome to me. Feels a little brighter than the AK300 i have but its just an initial impression

I have manually updated my DX200 Tidal app several times and it has always remembered my favorites.

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #9,414 of 22,019
My apologies if this is the wrong thread to posy my queries in, if it is then is there another thread?
Is there no manual apart from the 22 page one I have downloaded. If not is there any more information?
A few early questions
Is there a volume wheel lock? I will often have it in my pocket and it will move the volume around.
Is there a screen protector? I thought one was included.
The burn in cable - how long does it need to be used for?

Appreciate any guidance

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #9,415 of 22,019
^
1. AFAIK that is the only manual. It is indeed lacking in information. Best bet is to participate in this thread for more info as needed.
2. No.
3. Yes, it's pre-applied @ factory/iBasso.
4. Imo, burn-in is overrated. I just listen from day one and grow old with the DAP simultaneously. However, if you feel it's necessary some folk here say 100 hours would be good.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #9,416 of 22,019
^
1. AFAIK that is the only manual. It is indeed lacking in information. Best bet is to participate in this thread for more info as needed.
2. No.
3. Yes, it's pre-applied @ factory/iBasso.
4. Imo, burn-in is overrated. I just listen from day one and grow old with the DAP simultaneously. However, if you feel it's necessary some folk here say 100 hours would be good.

Thanks for the replies very helpful. I actually cant believe there is no volume wheel lock

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #9,417 of 22,019
Thanks for the replies very helpful. I actually cant believe there is no volume wheel lock
Agreed. There has been a request for this implementation. Not sure if it can be added via firmware? However, the volume knob does have to be rotated significantly for any volume level adjustment to be registered. So slight pocket/bag movement should not be an issue.

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #9,418 of 22,019
Agreed. There has been a request for this implementation. Not sure if it can be added via firmware? However, the volume knob does have to be rotated significantly for any volume level adjustment to be registered. So slight pocket/bag movement should not be an issue.

Yes I am hoping it is a little less sensitive than the AK wheel as that did move about quite easily. I like the wheel though as each notch is an increase of one in the volume level

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #9,420 of 22,019
What do you guys think about 2nd and 3rd party developers creating amps for the DX200 for different sound signatures? For example amps by Schitt or ALO?

It would pose an issue for Quality control, iBasso has very strict QC and does a great job at making all of those AMP modules really good. I mean, a reputed company would probably do a good job, but they would still require the main board from iBasso to have the connectors and all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back