1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627
629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638
Next

Last
  1. Womaz
    Thank you. critical question then. Will it keep all my Favourite music etc? and my downloaded content?

Straight out of the box this sounds awesome to me. Feels a little brighter than the AK300 i have but its just an initial impression

2. Junmoe62
    Hi guys, I saw that you were interested by some impressions about LCD-i4 with Amp-3. I wrote some quick thoughts about this pairing in the i4 thread, you can find them if you wish in page 63 to 65.

Hope it can be of some help to you! :)

Cheers.

Edit : the main post was actually on page 59... :D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Glasha likes this.
  3. alphanumerix1
    Is the dac in the dx200 mqa enabled?

4. jerick70
    No I don't think so.

5. alphanumerix1
    Maybe something that can be updated via firmware at some point @Paul - iBasso

6. meomap
    Hi,
    Has anyone in here try out
    Dx200 (source) + Hugo2 (dac) + CDM or SS6 (amp) yet?
    Any such impression?

7. jerick70
    It's possible that the DX200 could be upgrade to render MQA. A few other DAC manufacturers have released firmware upgrades for their products that have enabled MQA on their DACs. Audioquest Dragonfly Red and Black, and the Meridian Explorer 2 to name a few. These came out before the MQA standard was finalized, so this bodes well for the DX200. Whether the DX200 can be upgraded to MQA is still up in the air though, but this info gives it a chance.

After doing some reading on computeraudiophile.... With MQA it appears that their are two flavors of MQA DACs.... 1) MQA "renderers", which require the player (Tidal, ect...) to do the first "unfolding", whereupon the renderer will do the final processing and 2) "decoders", which will play MQA files without any additional software required. To my understanding the DragonFly / Meridian are "renderers", not a "decoder" - which means that they need a piece of software to work properly for MQA playback. INAAE so I could be way off, but FWIW It's entirely possible that most current production DACs, that can be firmware upgraded, can be updated into MQA renders.

8. HiFlight
    I have manually updated my DX200 Tidal app several times and it has always remembered my favorites.

Womaz likes this.
  9. Womaz
    My apologies if this is the wrong thread to posy my queries in, if it is then is there another thread?
    Is there no manual apart from the 22 page one I have downloaded. If not is there any more information?
    A few early questions
    Is there a volume wheel lock? I will often have it in my pocket and it will move the volume around.
    Is there a screen protector? I thought one was included.
    The burn in cable - how long does it need to be used for?

Appreciate any guidance

10. Signal2Noise
    ^
    1. AFAIK that is the only manual. It is indeed lacking in information. Best bet is to participate in this thread for more info as needed.
    2. No.
    3. Yes, it's pre-applied @ factory/iBasso.
    4. Imo, burn-in is overrated. I just listen from day one and grow old with the DAP simultaneously. However, if you feel it's necessary some folk here say 100 hours would be good.

mrmoto050 and Womaz like this.
  11. Womaz
    Thanks for the replies very helpful. I actually cant believe there is no volume wheel lock

12. Signal2Noise
    Agreed. There has been a request for this implementation. Not sure if it can be added via firmware? However, the volume knob does have to be rotated significantly for any volume level adjustment to be registered. So slight pocket/bag movement should not be an issue.

13. Womaz
    Yes I am hoping it is a little less sensitive than the AK wheel as that did move about quite easily. I like the wheel though as each notch is an increase of one in the volume level

14. Jetblack08
    What do you guys think about 2nd and 3rd party developers creating amps for the DX200 for different sound signatures? For example amps by Schitt or ALO?

15. Dobrescu George
    It would pose an issue for Quality control, iBasso has very strict QC and does a great job at making all of those AMP modules really good. I mean, a reputed company would probably do a good job, but they would still require the main board from iBasso to have the connectors and all...

Signal2Noise likes this.
First

Back
618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627
629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638
Next

Last