1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last
  1. Mython Contributor

LOL - er, yeah, I did realise that, thankyou.

But the PCB does look a lot wider than the 3D render of the complete DAP suggests.

2. artpiggo
    Ok I consider selling out ak240 after seeing all these pics. As loyalty to ibasso :D

3. Gerryhatrick
    Problem is we still have absolutely no idea when the 200 will be released. I'd hang on to your AK240 for a while yet!

4. twister6 Contributor

You gotta put size in a relative perspective.  Take a look in the upper left corner, there is a computer mouse.  It's almost the same width as the DAP's pwb.  Or look to the right where there is DX80, a little bit slimmer.

Btw, anybody noticed this:

ibasso_ph.jpg

Damn, iBasso is getting serious about DAPs and headphones!!!

5. HiFiChris Contributor
    Ah the picture of that HD 800-kind-of-esque metallic iBasso headphone is finally back. I do wonder where it will be priced.

- - - - - - - - -

DX50 + 30 = DX80
    DX90 + 30 = DX120

Makes sense to me although I didn't really expect it. Neither did I expect the two full-sized headphones though. Seems like iBasso is going big, which I like. :beerchug:

6. Sound Eq
    so the dx200 has a different dac than fiio x7, can anyone mention in general how the sound signatures of those two dacs differ , i know many factors play in the end result of how a dap sounds, but a general differentiation between the 2 different dacs is appreciated

7. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    ^ The dac performance is identical between between ES9028PRO and ES9018S, the difference is in new features which are as follows:

"eight preset filters, full-scale auto-gain calibration, programmable volume ramp-rate, total harmonic distortion (THD) compensation, programmable soft-start time, improved DPLL lock range, additional programmable GPIOs, DSD over PCM (DoP) input capability, and clock gearing to reduce core clock frequency. "

These new features are primarily to "increase design flexibility and reduce design-debugging time." So the two dac's will sound the same all things being equal, but differences could arise due to implementation variables, the newer dac is more forgiving of the hardware implementation due to it's new features.

8. HiFiChris Contributor
    I'm wondering what's up with "total harmonic distortion (THD) compensation" and "full-scale auto-gain calibration".

Mython and Vartan like this.
  9. ahossam

Okay now dx200 is on my "wishlist".and i hope dx200 is iem friendly (hiss free).

10. howdy
    Wow, almost 8 months since this thread started and still waiting to see the final product. C'mon ibasso lets see this, you have to be extremely close to releasing this.

11. Kerouac
    Maybe it's already there, while we're still subbed to this old ''pick your design'' thread [​IMG] 

12. mpawluk91
    +1

13. howdy
    Good point! Maybe there are hundreds sold already and we are stuck here on this old thread.

14. Gerryhatrick

Of course - that's it, this thread has warped into an alternative universe as a result of pointless ramblings and irrelevancies over months and months!

Thank god iBasso lives on in my universe in the shape of a recently acquired DX100. You think the DX200 will be a DAP? This is a DAP!

15. howdy
    You're liking the DX100? I almost bought one a few months back. That's the only iBasso dap I have not owned.

First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last