DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 29, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #9,123 of 22,019
Open Box means it's a used product. Period. That's a reason I'm pretty sure you didn't pay full price for your dx200. Many stores even have a policy where open box sales are final and they are not responsible for after sales. I'm glad this store accepted the return/exchange.

No store going to open a boxed, mod dap with a custom fw, and sell it used, you know it. It's a return, and they should have checked it before selling it, at least to make sure it's in a default factory setup with original fw. But I'm glad to hear they are taking care of it!

Yes, advancedmp3players.co.uk do have great customer support and I have to say a big thank you to Colin for his prompt replies.

The only thing is that it wasn't properly checked on its return, prior to re-selling it. Lurkers firmware adds apps and therefor icons that should be easy to spot. This one must have just slipped through the net, as it wasn't even in a factory default state.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #9,126 of 22,019
Hello everyone, is anyone using the AMP3 module with their DX200?

Nope. No one.

There are only two reviews on head-fi, and it seems their sound impressions are a bit conflicted. It'd be nice to get some further impressions before I upgrade and have to get 2.5mm cables for all my headphones/IEMs Thanks :)

But seriously, There's been lots of discussion here about the incredible Amp3. Just take the time to browse through the previous 10/20 pages here and/or search Amp3. I for one think it's great, right out of the box. A noticeable difference from Balanced on Amp1. I'm using a balanced Lune (see sig) cable with a set of FLC8S. I've also ordered another Lune MKIV cable for my EX1000 IEMs which is currently in transit. For me the Amp3 is the keeper and will remain permanent on DX200 until/unless something even more stellar comes along.

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #9,128 of 22,019
Hello everyone, is anyone using the AMP3 module with their DX200?

There are only two reviews on head-fi, and it seems their sound impressions are a bit conflicted. It'd be nice to get some further impressions before I upgrade and have to get 2.5mm cables for all my headphones/IEMs Thanks :)

I'm still slowly burning in my AMP3 so I can't give a definitive answer here yet (well, as 'definitive' as any purely subjective answer can be lol).
For me so far, I can simply say that it sounds excellent.
I would add that it also sounds a bit *different*.
The sound is somewhat more organic, warm and musical than AMP1 to my ears.
Normally, I don't like warm sound signatures so much, preferring a more neutral, reference, transparent tone.
But the AMP3 shows that these need not be mutually exclusive and sounds terrific to me regardless.

I'd also add that the AMP1 that comes as standard with the DX200 is certainly not a bad choice or a poor cousin.
You've got the choice of both balanced and single-ended outputs, and can even use both at the same time (great for sharing with friends and family!).
With AMP1, I feel there's a step up in quality with the balanced output, compared with the single-ended (but I also was using upgraded cables on balanced only, which could have affected my judgement).
But then you've got AMP2 and the forthcoming AMP5 if single-ended is your game :wink:

I could tentatively say that the general consensus seems to be that AMP3 is the best (so far), but I would say that all of the amps so far have great things to offer both in terms of functionality and also in terms of subtle differences in their sound signatures.
So, as with most things in this audio hobby, whilst there's a lot to be gained from reading the reviews of others, your own subjective preferences will influence which AMP is actually the best one for you :)
If you can find anyone in your area (dealer, Head-Fi member, CanJam etc) that has other AMP modules that you can try, that would be the best way I imagine :)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #9,130 of 22,019
Try to install WiFi Analyzer and check with it. It may happen, your router uses the channel which DX200 does not recognize. The available channels may depend on country settings.

So, just to recap, if anyone can spot what's going on. It has had Lurker's firmware install before I received it.

1 - No Wi-Fi. Finds the router, accepts the password, but no strength. My previous two DX200's worked fine, as do all other Wi-Fi enabled devices (Laptops, FiiO X7ii & Sky box).

2 - HibyMusic plays the songs in the correct order.

3 - Mango player plays songs in the correct order in Mango mode.

4 - Mango player doesn't play in the correct order in Android mode, despite the song number going up sequentially (1, 2, 3 etc).

I've cleared the cache, done a "Network settings reset" and "factory data reset".

I'm hesitant to download the latest official firmware and do a local update, in case I invalidate my ability to RMA it back to advancedmp3players.co.uk.

For the record, now I've calmed down from the frustration and disappointment of last night, I would like to keep the DX200, but only if I can resolve the above issues.

I'm confident Lurker's suggestion will fix your problem.

You need to change the WiFi channel being used. I had a similar issue - after a certain firmware update (can't remember which one), my DX200 just stopped recognizing my 5G WiFi network at home.

Paul suggested that I use a WiFi analyzer and try to use a different channel before I sent it back, and it worked perfectly for me - no WiFi issues since then, anywhere.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #9,132 of 22,019
^
Since your wifi on DX200 is currently non-functional I believe you'll have side load the appropriate apk file manually. This is achieved by downloading the file via computer and saving over to the DX200 thru USB file transfer. I think you can search for wifi analyzer apk to get the file. That's the limit of my knowledge on possibly how to do it.

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #9,135 of 22,019

Users who are viewing this thread

Back