DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 28, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #9,106 of 22,019
I've bought a few from advancedmp3players.co.uk and they have all been fine, but this one with Lurker's firmware and the extra programmes it installs, someone at their end deserves a bollocking.

What makes it worse, is that my last DX200 had a screen fault and the iBasso IT03 IEMs I bought to go with it, the wax guard fell off after less than a week! I'm sure Paul is as relieved as I am that I will never buy an iBasso product again.

Frankly speaking , looking at your situation i would not buy from this re-seller of used product rather then saying not buying Ibasso products again . Lol

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #9,107 of 22,019
I think a new firmware release is due already. I'm praying hard that all the issues and improvements will be addressed this time. My top 2 wish will be enhancement of fluidity in Mango and the skip of a second in the beginning of playback issue.

Sep 28, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #9,108 of 22,019
My first wish from new FW might be different from others. I would like to have an auto-detect lyric and album cover integrated in Android's Mango app.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #9,109 of 22,019
Wait, Darren, you just said you bought it as an open box item, meaning - you bought used or returned unit which someone already played with, modded with Lurker's fw, and who knows what else and why they returned it back. Can you just download the latest official iBasso FW and install it to make sure everything is working?

Wi-Fi is not working if you read my previous posts. Don't want to mess with it and invalidate my ability to return it. I have to disagree with you on this one. "Open box" means just that. "Open box and modded" is entirely different. If they knew it was modded, they mis-advertised the item, but for the record, having been a customer of AMP3 for a number of years, I believe this one slipped through the net and I'll have no problem getting an RMA number today.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #9,111 of 22,019
I've just done a "Network settings reset" and "factory data reset" and the wi-fi is still the same. It finds my router, accepts the password and shows the quadrant icon at the top, but it is empty if you understand what I mean. No portion of it is highlighted in white.

20170929_075319.jpg

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #9,112 of 22,019
So, just to recap, if anyone can spot what's going on. It has had Lurker's firmware install before I received it.

1 - No Wi-Fi. Finds the router, accepts the password, but no strength. My previous two DX200's worked fine, as do all other Wi-Fi enabled devices (Laptops, FiiO X7ii & Sky box).

2 - HibyMusic plays the songs in the correct order.

3 - Mango player plays songs in the correct order in Mango mode.

4 - Mango player doesn't play in the correct order in Android mode, despite the song number going up sequentially (1, 2, 3 etc).

I've cleared the cache, done a "Network settings reset" and "factory data reset".

I'm hesitant to download the latest official firmware and do a local update, in case I invalidate my ability to RMA it back to advancedmp3players.co.uk.

For the record, now I've calmed down from the frustration and disappointment of last night, I would like to keep the DX200, but only if I can resolve the above issues.

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #9,114 of 22,019
I can understand how that can infuriate you. Stupid electronic issues make me glaze over in rage.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #9,116 of 22,019
Hello everyone, is anyone using the AMP3 module with their DX200?

There are only two reviews on head-fi, and it seems their sound impressions are a bit conflicted. It'd be nice to get some further impressions before I upgrade and have to get 2.5mm cables for all my headphones/IEMs Thanks :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #9,117 of 22,019
The official firmware solved the problem with Mango player in Android mode not playing the tracks in the correct order, despite selecting the "Double arrow" icon for track order playback.

The Wi-Fi problem still remains, so, unfortunately it's going back. As previously mentioned, my FiiO X7ii sitting next to the DX200 is working without issue, as have every other Android phone and DAP I have used here.

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #9,118 of 22,019
Wi-Fi is not working if you read my previous posts. Don't want to mess with it and invalidate my ability to return it. I have to disagree with you on this one. "Open box" means just that. "Open box and modded" is entirely different. If they knew it was modded, they mis-advertised the item, but for the record, having been a customer of AMP3 for a number of years, I believe this one slipped through the net and I'll have no problem getting an RMA number today.

Open Box means it's a used product. Period. That's a reason I'm pretty sure you didn't pay full price for your dx200. Many stores even have a policy where open box sales are final and they are not responsible for after sales. I'm glad this store accepted the return/exchange.

No store going to open a boxed, mod dap with a custom fw, and sell it used, you know it. It's a return, and they should have checked it before selling it, at least to make sure it's in a default factory setup with original fw. But I'm glad to hear they are taking care of it!

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #9,119 of 22,019
I received a very prompt reply to my RMA request at 8:33 this morning. I've asked if I can download the latest official firmware without invalidating my RMA or warranty and AMP3 has said yes. So I'll see what happens.
Really? And how do you expect a firmware update will fix your problems with the WiFi antenna if that is not working properly? RMA and buy direct from iBasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back