DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 25, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #7,921 of 22,021
I am listening @ VL 48 with the AMP3, I can't believe how clean,clear and musical it sounds. Low level listening without having to blast your ears to hear all the nuances in the music is a sign of good engineering design and quality.

Okay so that sounds about right. I usually listen between 50 and 55 with AMP1, so it looks like I'm in the ballpark range...

Aug 26, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #7,924 of 22,021
Which DX200 amp would be the best for Ether C Flow? (full-size planar, efficiency: 92dB/m, impedance: 23 ohms)

Are you planning to get dx200 for your Either C or do you have dx200 already and want to upgrade the amp? I don't have these Mr speaker cans, but considering their planar magnetic nature and lower sensitivity, for sure i would recommend balanced ho to drive them. So, it would come down to either the default amp1 or amp3 upgrade. I would start with a default amp and see how you like it, get a better feel for it. And depending on the synergy of sound sig pair up, if you want more body in your sound and don't care about se 3.5mm ho (in case if you do or don't have other 3.5mm terminated earphone/headphones) - then go for amp3. I'm really enjoying amp3 now and will have a write-up about it soon with my impression, but it does handicaps you when you have a bunch of 3.5mm terminated iems.

Aug 26, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #7,925 of 22,021
Are you planning to get dx200 for your Either C or do you have dx200 already and want to upgrade the amp? I don't have these Mr speaker cans, but considering their planar magnetic nature and lower sensitivity, for sure i would recommend balanced ho to drive them. So, it would come down to either the default amp1 or amp3 upgrade. I would start with a default amp and see how you like it, get a better feel for it. And depending on the synergy of sound sig pair up, if you want more body in your sound and don't care about se 3.5mm ho (in case if you do or don't have other 3.5mm terminated earphone/headphones) - then go for amp3. I'm really enjoying amp3 now and will have a write-up about it soon with my impression, but it does handicaps you when you have a bunch of 3.5mm terminated iems.

Alex

How does the sound Amp3 in your opinion ?Brief explanation to comparison with Amp1 .

Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #7,926 of 22,021
Well I have read through this thread and just ordered an Amp3. I am new to the search for perfect music and have been guided a lot from the forums on this site. I have a set of Audeze LCD-XC headphones and some Shure 846 iems. I got a Forza Noir Hybrid balanced cable for the LCD-XCs and a Forza Hybrid semi-litz balanced cable for the 846s. I thought they sounded really nice when I was using the Amp 1 that came with the Ibasso but when a friend of mine visited (who is really into good audio) he listened to my setup and said he was very disappointed. he thought the headphones were very dull and needed a bigger amp. I used them with the SE cable on my Denon AVRX6300H home cinema headphone out and he said even that was a better sound.

So now the Amp3 is available I think it will be worth a try. I have subscribed to Spotify premium using the student deal for £4.99 a month so I will try and get the apk so I can install it on the ibasso using the method I found in this thread. I did subscribe to Tidal but at £20 a month I couldn't tell a big difference to be honest. Maybe I am a bit deaf?.

Hopefully the Amp3 will be here in the next week and I can see if it works well with the LCD-XC headphones.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #7,927 of 22,021
Thank you for your response.
I do own DX200 and AMP1 / AMP2.
I use Ether C Flows with Amp1 + balanced cable and with Amp2 + SE cable. I prefer Amp2 pairing due to more body to the sound.
I wonder if Amp3 will an upgrade from Amp2 when using C Flows.
Amp2 is described as "current mode" amp while amp3 has "more voltage swing". I wonder which will play better with low Ohm planars...

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #7,928 of 22,021
Thank you for your response.
I do own DX200 and AMP1 / AMP2.
I use Ether C Flows with Amp1 + balanced cable and with Amp2 + SE cable. I prefer Amp2 pairing due to more body to the sound.
I wonder if Amp3 will an upgrade from Amp2 when using C Flows.
Amp2 is described as "current mode" amp while amp3 has "more voltage swing". I wonder which will play better with low Ohm planars...
The AMP3 is both high voltage and high current. This allows it to work well with many different types of headphones and IEMs.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 26, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #7,930 of 22,021
^
I have not listened to the X7ii yet. I plan to get the FiiO but it isn't as easily obtainable as the DX200 currently. However, the DX200 is a mighty fine dap. You'd likely be happy with either one. Being this is the DX200 thread you should be aware what the ultimate answer is :wink:

Aug 26, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #7,932 of 22,021
@Signal2Noise

I know it is the ibasdo threat. It can be that one of the ibasso dx200 owner heard the fiio x7 ii and can tell me why he finds the ibasso better

It is better to just audition them yourself at a local shop. Personal preferences, the cables, the headphones or IEMS the people review and compare between the 2 players will decide which one will surface as a better once to them, and it may not apply to you.

Aug 26, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #7,934 of 22,021
I'm noticing dx200 in android mode to take a long time to open up a folder with 1000+ directories, in mango it does not even read the folders. I am using Lurker's 2.5 rev (ntfs formatted drive) shows up at OTG.
I don't have any issues but I am using the stock FW. It is fast in either Mango or in the Android mode using a 256gb card and many files as the card is full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back