1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233
Next

Last
  1. warrior1975

Damn, I forgot about that. That sucks.

2. jamato8 Contributor
    It is too quick for me to use some sort of a timer but I do the one thousand one for a second timing. When I do a side swipe I get to "one or on" On some things a little faster but one is the furthest I get. I don't know, I guess use Android then . :^) 

3. Jalo
    John, can you share your experience with the Utopia driving with the DX200 and the WM1A? And did you listened to them via balance or SE? I am very interested in the Utopia and a dap combo.

4. warrior1975
    I don't have my dx200 with me, but is it possible to have developer options? If so, maybe decrease the animation scale settings? Might make it a little quicker.

5. odevans

Haha yeah that's exactly what I do. I prefer the versatility of the android OS, so it's no deal breaker for me.

Well, if you ever decide to sell your utopia, let me know hah. I thought my lcdx would be my 'end-fi', then focal decided to pipe up with the utopia!

6. twister6 Contributor

Are you talking about Mango OS or Mango audio player in android mode?  In Mango OS I only found a lag of 1-2 sec when swiping the screen left/right.  Everything else is very responsive.  Using Mango audio player app in android mode is very fast with a nice transition effect.

For sure, factory reset is important after every fw update, just keep your music on uSD card because reset will erase these files.  Also, factory resets erases all of your installed apps, just like it would do on your smartphone.

7. monkkx
    My DX200 has been upgraded with FW 1.3.6, the factory reset after that .... yet I can't get read of the laggy interface both in android and pure mode ... it's just not useable for 10 to 15 mins, where the GUI is not responding, then buttons stars clicking and swipping without me touching anything (like if all my previous gestures were buffered) ... Are they other users facing the same issue? I'll look for the previous 10 pages (been offline for a while) for a workaround or fix, otherwise I'll have to consider my unit as defect :frowning2:

8. cn11

I'm referring to the full Mango OS, 'pure music' mode. 

9. twister6 Contributor

Yeah, that needs to be optimized further, I agree.  But Mango app in Android mode is fast and responsive, right?

10. twister6 Contributor
    Wondering, if I install and use another audio app, like Hiby, can I assume that Filter#4 is selected by default since I won't be able to change it?

11. jamato8 Contributor

The DX200 with the Utopia is a little more airy and open sounding and better dynamics compared to the WM1A. Also the 1A when compared to the 200 and using revealing headphones to me, is just slightly grainy sounding. You have to compare them to hear this but the 200 is smoother and more analog sounding while not losing detail. Also with older passages the 1A gets harder sounding and I can tell there is more headroom on the 200 so it remains open and natural sounding. I use use balanced most of the time. The timbre of the 200 is excellent. Piano, that can be hard to reproduce is excellent. I think the WM1A does a good job to but the DX200 pulls a little ahead. 

I also like the larger screen on the 200. The colors are bright with good contras. I imagine that for most a few more FW updates and it will be smooth sailing. I love the battery life of the WM1A but on musicality the DX200 is pretty much in a league of its own but you have to get the hours on it. If not listening I would be burning it in because for me there were spells of a dry sound and some I didn't like but once past that, I am amazed by the sound and that the amp section can keep up with my desktop system. 

12. jamato8 Contributor

Is this all the time or right after the SW update? When I did an update I just left the DX200 alone as there is still some stuff going on internally. 

13. monkkx
    Here's a video I've just made, with firmware 1.3.60. At 0:30. One can see what I call the "bufered gesture crazyness". It's very ennoying to say the least ... 

14. truenobzr
    Mango player always crashed when scanning songs, I have over 10000 songs in my 200GB SD card. Also, it is not convinience that there is no google service for this player, especially Google Play, we need to download apk for our streaming player.

15. Jalo
    Thanks for your thoughts on them. I just came to Hong Kong and have the chance to listen to the DX200 for the first time. I thought it has potential but unfortunate the unit is pretty new and hasn't been burn in so I will reserve my judgement on it. Bass seems tight and snappy but not as coherent as my 1Z. I will go to Jaben to do another audition on another unit to see if it changes anything. I can see they need some more work on the software. Noticed a few bugs and the screen is somewhat sensitive. When you try to flick the screen up and down or left or right, One third of the time I will end up activating a song. The limitation on memory is still a factor to me.

First

Back
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233
Next

Last