DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 26, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #21,601 of 22,021
I've tried different cables, different chargers, in car, in the house.

Charge circuit might be broken. Send the unit back for replacement.

It happened to me too.

Oct 26, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #21,603 of 22,021
I've tried different cables, different chargers, in car, in the house.
thats no good.

Great though that you have actively been troubleshooting and eliminating various points.

is pushing power and play a reset? I forget.

as someone else wrote above, it might be an internal issue :frowning2:

Oct 26, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #21,604 of 22,021
What process did you follow to send it back? How much did it cost to repair?

I send via the shop I bought from. It is in warranty so it has no cost.

Oct 26, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #21,605 of 22,021
thats no good.

Great though that you have actively been troubleshooting and eliminating various points.

is pushing power and play a reset? I forget.

as someone else wrote above, it might be an internal issue :frowning2:
I send via the shop I bought from. It is in warranty so it has no cost.

Mine is out of warranty now. I'm just waiting on @Paul - iBasso to respond now.

Oct 27, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #21,606 of 22,021
All,

I know this thread may not be where I should be post this but my DX200 has just died all of a sudden. Initially, I thought it was due to the battery, so I emailed Paul @ iBasso, using the support email on iBasso's site to send me not one, but two replacement batteries. After replacing the battery the DX200 still does not turn on. I've put the DX200 on charge now for over 30 minutes and it's still not switching on. The charging screen is not showing up either.

I only bought this in July 2017 and just over 15 months later it's dead. It's never been dropped, never been overheated. Always looked after and used for in-car and home/office usage. Does anybody have any suggestions?

@Paul - iBasso , any help you can provide would be really appreciated.
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com. We can try a few steps but your DX may need to come back to use for a complete check to see what the issue is.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #21,607 of 22,021
We will have a new firmware out very soon. It will incorporate the dual power setting for the AMP9, like the DX220 and some other updates.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 29, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #21,608 of 22,021
We will have a new firmware out very soon. It will incorporate the dual power setting for the AMP9, like the DX220 and some other updates.
Is the new update going to have the new look like the one found in DX220?

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #21,609 of 22,021
Hi everyone,

I just bought a DX200 a month ago from a fellow hifier.
Contacted Whitiger about mods who was kind enough to point some aspects and already send the unit to make a Kai mod to "Ryuzoh" and can't wait for its return.
I already bought an amp9 and a moded amp4s.
I'm very pleased by the sound the unmoded dx200 has (compared with my best A&K - SP1000ss with CA Andro and Vega, also Shure 846 and iSine20) and by the promise Ryuzoh sends this will be something to be proud of (it's what I realy hope so).
Meanwhile, as I really am a tube fan, I'll follow the upcoming development about the new firmware about the dual gain option.

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #21,611 of 22,021
Appreciate it ^^ But I do hope in the future our fellow DX200 users wouldn’t have to wait this long :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #21,612 of 22,021
Got a new IEM recently which is harder to drive then my Phantom. On Phantom, I use low gain on 60 volume. On the new IEM, low gain on 90 volume or high gain on 60 volume. It feels like the high gain sounds better, but not too sure. Can anyone please explain the difference between low gain high volume and high gain low volume? :)

Nov 2, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #21,613 of 22,021
Just picked up a used DX200 w/amp 5.....anything I should change/look into before it arrives. My DX90 is fading away and served me awesomely as well as D14 Bushmaster.
Any tips, I’m Ed its a pleasure to chat with you folks.

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #21,614 of 22,021
Just picked up a used DX200 w/amp 5.....anything I should change/look into before it arrives. My DX90 is fading away and served me awesomely as well as D14 Bushmaster.

Visit iBasso site and grab the latest DX200 firmware in the event you need to update the DAP.

Also, if you want Google Play access you will need to consider flashing over to Lurker0's DX200 mod. It is easy to do as long as the instructions are followed. I recommend it. Just look through this thread and read the info available.

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #21,615 of 22,021

Well you made a good choice. I also bought a used DX200 about three months ago. I didn’t see the value of buying a new DX220 when the key components were the same. I am sure it sounds better but for me not worth the price differential.

I also had a DX90 for many years which was a very trustworthy and dependable machine. I tended to use it to feed my Chord Hugo2 via Coax, even when traveling

I have been very impressed my the DX200, it provides so much more than the DX90.

I couldn’t believe the screen compared to the DX90 and then the wide variety of things you can do with it. Use Spotify and as I am a premium member I can listen to new music offline. I also watch some YouTube videos via a non playstore App and VLC to watch my ripped music DVDs. I haven’t bothered with Lurlkers update as I don’t have a Windows PC.

Sound wise, I loved it from day one. And then Ibasso brought out their Tube amp no 9, which I bought immediately and that I have to say has been a step change improvement to the sound. I would highly recommend buying that.
Lastly , I purchased the Neutron music app. It’s a bit clunky and complicated to understand all it can do but i like it’s on the fly PCM to DSD conversion that seems to make the sound more smooth as if i was playing 24/196 files.

I also don’t take my Chord Hugo2 with me when traveling anymore as the sound with the DX200 and AMP9 is so enjoyable.

Have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back